Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsJohnGym - Powerlifting

JohnGym - Powerlifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Rodger said:Thought you'd packed it all in after seeing some of the 93kg class PLing totals at the weekend....?Tongue

Considered it. Lol

The worlds has actually really inspired me for a big push to become proper strong. Whether I have the ability to become proper strong remains to be seen though.
JohnGym said:
Considered it. Lol
The worlds has actually really inspired me for a big push to become proper strong. Whether I have the ability to become proper strong remains to be seen though.

Just keep knucking down mate (and will try to follow my own advice too!)
JohnGym said:It is.
The weights are clearly very easy but I'm sure they will build up over the weeks and months ahead. I'm not even going to analyse what I'm doing anymore. I'm just going to trust Tom and do exactly as he says.

IN TOM WE TRUST.

I can see at_shirt with that on.
The weights are clearly very easy but I'm sure they will build up over the weeks and months ahead. I'm not even going to analyse what I'm doing anymore. I'm just going to trust Tom and do exactly as he says.

IN TOM WE TRUST.

I can see at_shirt with that on.
JohnGym said:
Considered it. Lol

of course you'll be able to do it - especially with coach Tom!

I like this. It doesn't need to be over analysised. At the end of the day it's moving a weight a-b, keep training hard, your body has no option but to get stronger
chaos said:
of course you'll be able to do it - especially with coach Tom!

Fingers crossed. Last time I was trained by Tom I gained around 50kg on my total in 4 months. Hopefully a couple of years will see 150kg added! Ha, I wish.
93hopkinsonr said:
At the end of the day it's moving a weight a-b, keep training hard, your body has no option but to get stronger

Excellent point mate.
Tuesday 10th June

Paused High Bar Squat
20kg x 8
20kg x 5
60kg x 3
100kg x 1
140kg x 1
120kg x 3

2 minutes rest between sets

Bench Press
20kg x 8
20kg x 5
60kg x 3
100kg x 1
122.5kg x 1
105kg x 3
105kg x 3
105kg x 3

2 minutes rest between sets

Autopsy:
* First time I have done paused squats. Definitely a different feel in the muscles from them. I reckon when I get these up around 190kg I'll be good for around 220kg low bar.
Thoughts before bed:

The heaviest Deadlifts in the IPF world are sumo style. I wonder, therefore, if I should try to lift sumo to see if I can lift more weight Confused
In all likelihood, lifting SLDL style will still be better for general purpose strength building and the bulk of off-season lifting, switching the ratio toward Sumo closer to the comp would make more sense.

I just tend to think it would complicate things. Harder to get better at two things, than it is to get better at one.
Fazc said:In all likelihood, lifting SLDL style will still be better for general purpose strength building and the bulk of off-season lifting, switching the ratio toward Sumo closer to the comp would make more sense.

I just tend to think it would complicate things. Harder to get better at two things, than it is to get better at one.

I disagree. It takes time to get the technique and build the right muscles
JackRevans said:
I disagree. It takes time to get the technique and build the right muscles

I will wreck you
Lol....so, Im non the wiser. Ha.

I think what I'll do, I'll lift conventional until I stop improving and then try and see if I can squeeze some more Gainzzzzz from Sumo.

So, as you were.
It does appear more people use sumo style in competition, but then they are what's known as bufties! Real men pull conventional, if you can stand the ridicule and self loathing then go for sumo! Grin

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsJohnGym - Powerlifting
Return to top View Desktop Site