Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsDa Shetland Plan

Da Shetland Plan

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

going to vary the sumo and normal styles every other week
stephen
Post Edited: 29.11.2008 @ 21:16 PM by stephen
Thing said:
going to vary the sumo and normal styles every other week

Sounds like a good plan. I tell you what the best thing that I've done to improve my
conventional deadlift was to do sumo for abit. Eek Wink I've tried platform and rack deadlifts
from various heights and I guess they helped abit but after I lifted sumo and then switched back to conventional my pull was way better form wise aswell as increased poundages. I'll definetly switch between the 2 styles from now on! Grin
Jbremers
With the 4 theeth removed, your squats will go up mate!! Less weight to move up!Tongue Good luck with the training and the back!
cheers stephen and jules lets hope the plan works.
just some bench fronties and started back with rack deadlift

3/12/08

kettlebell swings 20kg x 20 for warms up
hamstring stretch, glute stretch high knee's to help warm up the lower-back and stretch the whole area. did some upper body stretching too

bench
100kg x 5
140kg x 3
165kg x 3
165kg x 3
165kg x 3
155kg x 3 paused
155kg x 3 paused
115kg x 5
115kg x 5
115kg x 5
115kg x 5

Fronties
60kg x 5
100kg x 5
112.5 kg x 5
112.5 kg x 5
112.5 kg x 5
112.5 kg x 5

Rack deadlift from mid thigh working on glute activation from and hip movement. now lowerback movement at all
100kg x 10
120kg x 10
140kg x 8
140kg x 8
140kg x 8
140kg x8

hypers
3 sets of 10
reverse hypers
3 sets of 10
hypers hangs to open the spin
2 sets of 20 seconds

start my smolov routine next week on fronties
Jbremers
Post Edited: 04.12.2008 @ 08:14 AM by Jbremers
Well done mate, bench keeps impressing! Good to see that fronties are possible since you have so much trouble with the back... Curious what Smolov will bring you on fronties!
Jbremers said:
Well done mate, bench keeps impressing! Good to see that fronties are possible since you have so much trouble with the back... Curious what Smolov will bring you on fronties!

Cheers jules the bench is the only thing i have at this moment in time.
i have set my 1 rm for the fronties at 140 so i'm hoping by the end of the cycle i will be doing 160+ fingers crossed.
Jbremers
With your leg strenght that shouldn t be to much of a problem... Just hope your back will hold out! Since fronties are lot less strain on it i think youll pass the 160 mark in no time again!!
Jbremers said:
With your leg strenght that shouldn t be to much of a problem... Just hope your back will hold out! Since fronties are lot less strain on it i think youll pass the 160 mark in no time again!!

here's hoping so, to add my back recovery i'm going to do hyper extensions holds so it helps strength and endurance.
Nice work mate, bench, rack wotk and fronties all looking strong. Maybe a sly comp at the end of 2009 on the horizon?
JC said:
Nice work mate, bench, rack wotk and fronties all looking strong. Maybe a sly comp at the end of 2009 on the horizon?

well i don't think it in terms of Strongman but, i am doing the raw bench comp in February at the scottish open.

what i want by the end of 2009 is as follows
front squats back up to 200kg but belyless this time but i'll take it anyway if i have a belt on
get my deadlift back up to 280kg
bench 220+
back squat get it back up to 260 i think a smolov routine on these would be good to do after two cycles of front squats first.
if i can get back up to where i was at then i can complain i might even better my lifts by the end of 2009

Back up date was at the chiropractor last night and he was really please with its progress since i last saw him 7 weeks ago so i'm just to focus on form and core work and mobility movements and i should be a dam sight better off when i see him again in febuary
good news from chiro mate.

keep up the good work!
Yeah good news mate. That 260 squat raw? If so, NICE! Happy Nice either way really LOL
looks like things are on the up mate. good news.
cheers guys lets hope it keeps getting better as i have plenty of time

JC said:
Yeah good news mate. That 260 squat raw? If so, NICE! Happy Nice either way really LOL

yeah james i popped out a 260 raw at the start of the year sometime then went down hill eversince Angry
but i'll be backGrin

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsDa Shetland Plan
Return to top View Desktop Site