Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsColin Jones - Training Log.

Colin Jones - Training Log.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

colinj
Post Edited: 28.09.2009 @ 14:50 PM by colinj
Hi, I have been a member on this site for sometime, but never had much time to write a log. Im 24 years old and very much into Strongman. I competed at uk strongman north in 2007 and did way better than I thought by coming 2nd! but one year later (2008) I ended up 5th. My plan was to train like an animal for next 12 months and return to compete a fitter, stronger competitor! But like most things in life, this wasn't the case! Me and my brother decided to open a gym in my local area, (Padiham, Burnley) its a regular gym aimed at bodybuilders and strongmen! At the moment we have Atlas stones, logs and a car in the gym!!! il post some pictures soon! Working full time and opening the gym took best part of 10 months and 10 pounds off my body weight, (current body weight is 17st).
I have 3 weeks left at my regular job and then im going to work in the gym 7 days a week.
3 weeks till the start of some serious training and bulking.
Hope to pick up lots of tips on here and all advice is very much welcome.
There are some strong guys on here....so im sure il get very motivated!!!
Cheers Colin!
welcome, and good luck with your gym venture
welcome to the site mate. Good luck with the gym and training
welcome mate just think soon you will soon be able to get that 10lb back no problem good luck with gym sounds great
colinj
thanks guys!

forgot to mention anybody welcome to come and train - would be good to know how it compares with other gyms!!
colinj said:thanks guys!

forgot to mention anybody welcome to come and train - would be good to know how it compares with other gyms!!

Is the car in the gym, for car DL I presume. If so, cool Cool
Good luck with the journal Colin!
colinj
JC said:
Is the car in the gym, for car DL I presume. If so, cool Cool

Yes - right in the middle of the gym!! its only a small fiat, but we have had the frame made with expanding pins on the side so you can pull them out and load with plates! ......the gym is also on the first floor, so it gets quite a few funny looks! we had to make ramps and pull the thing up the stairs and had 1/2 inch either side spare - thats why its such a small car!!
Fantastic. We will definitely have to arrange a trip for a go on this badboy!
Sounds good. Whats the address of your gym? Looking forward to seeing the pics. It'll be a ball ache getting the car out again come MOT time! Grin
colinj
Post Edited: 28.09.2009 @ 17:01 PM by colinj
The address is Riverside Gym, 5 Livesey Street, Padiham, Burnley, BB12 7AB.
We have a small car park under the building so going to get a tyre / yoke / farmers etc soon! well when a bit of money comes in!
Since the car has been in the building, we have put new doors in, and built a walk way - think we will be leaving the car in when we leave - the landlord wont be happy!!!! il get the pics on tonight, we are on facebook if anyone on here is a member?
Would be good for some of you guys to come up and train every now and again. (and im not just looking for new members - if your travelling for a one off from a distance away i obviously wouldn't charge you!!!)
colinj said:Would be good for some of you guys to come up and train every now and again. (and im not just looking for new members - if your travelling for a one off from a distance away i obviously wouldn't charge you!!!)

Sounds like an offer too good to miss Grin
good stuff mate. I saw your first comp in 2007 - fast and powerful as f**k!

And went against you in 2008 - too fast and powerful for me back then Grin

Good to hear about the gym mate! I think a trip up is in order - always good to train with different equipment and in varied surroundings.
best of luck mate , your gym isnt too far from me , esp since its 90% motorway , will have a trip up when im back to cooking on gas !
colinj
Post Edited: 28.09.2009 @ 17:57 PM by colinj
Joni said:good stuff mate. I saw your first comp in 2007 - fast and powerful as f**k!

And went against you in 2008 - too fast and powerful for me back then Grin

.....Thanks for the compliment! I may be way off the mark but im thinking of not competing till mid 2011! That would give me 2 years of solid training! hopefully be a lean 19 and a half to 20 stone by then!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsColin Jones - Training Log.
Return to top View Desktop Site