REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 286 guests
You are here: HomeForumfoxy → View All Posts

View All Posts: foxy

» Mike Burke's Grip (Go to post)24-01-2013 @ 22:33 
Seanbundy1988 said:His grips definatley down to site work. I just got some heavy grippers. I handed the 200lbs to my dad and he just crushed it ten times like it was nothing. 35 years on the tools ! My mates at work close it easily too ! When i had them in my gym all the bodybuilders struggled with the 150lbs !

Size doesn't quite equal strength, but the guys with the biggest forearms I seen were manual workers, construction, working on drills/jackhammers etc. Gripping, pulling, lifting relatively low loads for massive reps every single day. Not quite sure of a practical way to harness this to improve grip strength short of changing jobs though.
» europes strongest man tickets (Go to post)22-01-2013 @ 18:48 
How many people from here are going?
» The secret! (Go to post)18-01-2013 @ 21:33 
[url=]http://www.t-nation.com/store/articles/how-john-meadows-accide... [/url]

How could we all have been such fools, the secret to mad gainz!

And only $300. Or $500 if you're really committed.
» glutamine (Go to post)08-01-2013 @ 23:14 
Anyone know how long glutamine lasts? I got a 3/4 tub of glutamine I got from Whey consortium 3+ years ago. Would hate to waste it.
» Nicotine as a fat burner (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 12:53 
JohnGym said:Really?

f**king hell. Why can't people just get their diet in check.

Because that's too simple
» Nicotine as a fat burner (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 12:47 
Thought this was an interesting article:

[url=]http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?107463-quot-Can-Nico...

Summary: The author (Kiefer, of Carb Backloading) recommending very low doses of nicotine for body composition/modification purposes.

Addresses purported benefits, cancer worries (or lack of, he recommends nicotine alone, not tobacco) and addiction (or supposedly low risk of addiction due to low doses and cycling on and off).

Anyone here ever use nicotine for this purpose? Curious of peoples opinions, though I imagine this would not be very strong.
» Presents! (Go to post)25-12-2012 @ 18:22 
Post Edited: 25.12.2012 @ 18:23 PM by foxy
Tickets for ESM 2013 for me.

Adidas weightlifting singlet for her.

Happy
» bodyfat % (Go to post)22-12-2012 @ 00:31 
minibig1 said:
What are z and mariuszs diets like out of interest? I'd personally be shocked if z only ate clean, fair play to him if he does.
And for your second question, I wouldn't refer to myself as knowledgable, far from it in fact so feel free to disregard but surely having less excess weight to carry round gives more fitness potential than someone carrying alot, itd be like a fit in shape person doing everything in a weighted vest, surely that would make things harder. Myself for example having lost 30kg am definitely alot fitter now than I was back then. Another good example I think (although it isn't strongman) was when roy nelson fought Frank Mir in the UFC, roy is renowned for his fitness for a big guy, whereas Frank is known as being lazy and generally unfit for a relatively lean guy, roy turned up as usual 265lbs with ALOT of excess, Frank turned up shredded and fitter than ever and ran circles round roy, although roy was known for his fitness it was only Fitness "for a big guy", and proved nothing compared to fitness of a lean guy who wasn't known for his fitness.

While it seems logical that losing weight would allow you better endurance in a fight for example, in the specific example you gave, Mirs lower bodyfat could have been a result of better/harder training, rather than the cause of improved fitness.

Often a similar situation is seen in boxing too, where some guys are arrive leaner than usual (or bloated as f**k) but I would usually take it that the improved physique and lower bodyfat levels are the indication of more and improved preparation rather than anything else (or severe lack of training in the other extreme). I would wonder how fit Mir would have been if he had trained like f**k, but also ate like f**k to maintain bodyweight.

Not really disagreeing with the thrust of your point about the effect of carrying extra weight, just thinking out loud about the Mir example and how much of his improved fitness was just down to weight.
» The Gorilla Forced Entry Method (Go to post)21-12-2012 @ 02:04 
Did this guy steal your method?

[url=]http://blillytraining.blogspot.ie/2012/08/welcome-to-my-traini...
» cheap protein? (Go to post)20-12-2012 @ 15:48 
Ren said:It has been said that ironscience protein does not contain the amount of protein they claim. Supposedly it's so far off you may as well be using sugar and flour.

If that is a possibility (not wanting to say its a fact, I dont know whats been proven or not), who can we trust? How do we know this doesn't happen with MP or Bulk Powders for example? Anyone have any idea of what to look for any any guarantee / confidence building measure? I used to use Iron Science till recently and always thought it was fine.

I should never have strayed from good ol celltech.
» cheap protein? (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 21:59 
PAGAN said:
Are you f**king kidding?!!!!
Please don't anyone buy anything from those people, they have been proved to be selling s**te! They usually threaten to sue anyone who says this but they are welcome to try suing me as I have f**k all!!!

What is the problem with them? Please stop hiding your secrets from us
» cheap protein? (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 21:41 
PAGAN said:
IainKendrick said:TBH don't think anything has been proved at all. However there's plenty of other reputable compaines so see no reason to buy from them anyway. Iron Science that is.

I think I've seen enough proof to convince me to avoid them like the plague but I take your point.The problem for me is that people don't know when they are buying from them.

Personally I'd stick to MP , Bulk Powders , Maxi Raw , Reflex and USN from what I know. I'm sure there are loads of other good companies out there too but my list is simply based on info I've had from the internetz ...which is what it is.

What's the supposed issue with Iron Science, proven or not? I'd really like to know.
» Box squats (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 20:56 
IainKendrick said:Fair enough. Trial and see how you get on.

You qualified to give that kind of advice?
» cheap protein? (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 20:54 
IainKendrick said:... get some bulk whey from a decent supplier; bulkpowders or MP.

These are fairly good too. Simliar enough to those two
[url=]http://www.ironscience.co.uk/[/url]
» Separating carbs and fat (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 16:28 
Some recommend doing this, as in avoiding eating carbs and fats in the same meal, but I've never seen it explained why.

So why?

You are here: HomeForumfoxy → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions