REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 173 guests
You are here: HomeForumuzalad → View All Posts

View All Posts: uzalad

» Concept 2 model B (Go to post)07-02-2021 @ 12:58 
luki said:
That and they actually provide a workout. I tried a mates magnetic rower and wasn't impressed by the resistance. 10 settings that seemed to be a magneticgear too high to provide any challenge. The rubber band ones are just toys. I'd love to try the kevin spacey water rower in house of cards.

Agree, I've got access to a magnetic rower and it's just garbage, I don't even bother with it.

I'm waiting for a new one and should have signed up much earlier. The only ones being sold up my way are by some guy who seems to pick up every spare Concept 2 going, gives them a wipe and then sell them for probably £200 more than he paid.
» Concept 2 model B (Go to post)06-02-2021 @ 12:51 
the benefits of buying any concept 2 used (or new I suppose), is that they're easy to off load for very little loss (even outside of COVID times), so while the prices are high at the moment, I wouldn't expect you'd struggle to sell it off if you're looking to upgrade in the future
» What tier are you in? (Go to post)20-12-2020 @ 19:23 
Sarcasm was obvious.
» WSM 2020 (Go to post)14-11-2020 @ 19:07 
BigMacca said:
You don't get it, it was always going to be touch and go on a bendy bar, so that's 220kg X 5 on a normal bar

with reverse bands
» Concept 2 Rowing Times. (Go to post)03-11-2020 @ 12:45 
I will no longer have access to a rower after Wednesday it seems... on to kettlebell swings it is. I have an 8kg, 16kg, 20kg and 28kg which will be enough. I'm not proficient when it comes to snatches so I might practice those throughout the month of lock down but mainly focus on swings which I have done in the past with a HR monitor.

Unhappy

If lock down is only a month then I'll probably just start back where I have ended this programme.
» Concept 2 Rowing Times. (Go to post)31-10-2020 @ 16:30 
I've started back up on this rowing malarkey after recovering from COVID, I had really noticed a lot of fatigue when returning to the gym.

I'm on week three of the Petes Plan Beginner programme, my times are very slow - I'm probably in 7:50-8:00 shape for a 2k it seems. REALLY hoping the gyms don't shut again so I can bring that time down.

https://thepeteplan.wordpress.com/beginner-training/
» Europe's strongest man (Go to post)05-09-2020 @ 19:55 
is this even a sport? this is definitely not Europes Strongest Man.

when did we even know this was happening? and does anyone care about any of these events other than Hixxy possibly breaking a world record?
» where do you sit on the political compass? (Go to post)22-08-2020 @ 14:49 
https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2017

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-7.25&...
» Stupid stuff for mass shakes - ideas wanted! (Go to post)13-07-2020 @ 21:51 
Are you struggling to maintain or gain weight with "real" food? Pasta tends to go down easy with tomato sauce, sprinkle olive oil, almonds and dried fruit on it?
» one leg/pistol squat? lowedbody training with no weight recommendations? (Go to post)26-04-2020 @ 10:12 
Lunges are good, double or triple dip on each leg, don't lock out, pause reps, slow reps etc. lots of techniques to make things more difficult. High reps, short rests, pre-exhaustion. You can also elevate the front foot on a step so that you can get deeper in to the lunge.

I've been doing lots of hack squats against a wall with a foam roller against my back. Then lunges and banded good mornings. Probably not making actual progress but it's gassing me and hopefully maintaining some strength and also building balance.
» A Gift... Free Gains For All... TRIR-2.0 (Go to post)17-08-2019 @ 17:43 
Following some of the ideas in this routine has helped my training over the past 6-7 weeks. Target reps in reserve just makes sense to me during the set, about 8 weeks ago I benched 107.5kg x1 rep and failed the second, I did 108kg x3 with 1 rep in reserve this morning, slow progress for some but I'm usually in a varying state of injured so this is alright for me.

I'm going away on holiday for a week now but I'm starting my second cycle when I get back.

I've bas***dised this routine to be a PPL where the pull session is just as many rowing variations as I can fit in 45 minutes or so, the other workouts use the percentages and TRIR numbers from the original spreadsheet.

Micro 1, 2 and 4 are each 9 sessions while Micro 3 as the deload/lower volume micro is 6 sessions. So doing 4-5 sessions a week it takes me around 7 weeks to get through this.

If I continue injury free I'll start a new log over on the other forum.
» A Gift... Free Gains For All... TRIR-2.0 (Go to post)06-07-2019 @ 17:25 
Thanks for the detailed response, that answers a lot in regards to programming! With TRIR I guess it's just experience gained over time as to when to end the set so I'll get practicing with that. For the last few months or so I've followed very little in terms of programming/progression although I've linked together some consistent months of lifting now so this gives me some direction. My starting numbers will be something like 5 to 10kg lower than I am certain I can lift, obviously this will adjust in the 2nd micro once I've actually proven it through doing the reps in each exercise. Thanks again.
» A Gift... Free Gains For All... TRIR-2.0 (Go to post)05-07-2019 @ 19:12 
First of all, this spreadsheet is great, thanks for posting it. I'm the go-to person in my office for creating dashboards, manipulating data etc and this is something I'd be proud of.

Now to completely bas***dise your beautiful ideas -

My training has completely lacked direction lately so I think I'm going to try the ideas in this programme but I might have to do it across 6 training days rather than the 3-4 and spreading it across about 9 to 10 days for each "WEEK" because I like to be in and out of the gym within an hour and more significantly because I'm almost certain my body cannot handle benching 3 times a week.

Just off the top of my head something like this:
1. Squats, hamstrings, back
2. Bench, shoulders
REST
3. Squat, quads, abs
4. Bench, triceps
TEST
5. Squat, deadlift, rear delts
6. Bench, biceps, abs (absolute BRO day)

If I figure out the formulas and create a new sheet I'll make sure to send it across via email.

Let me know your thoughts on splitting the days up, I think it would be interesting to hear your perspective given your experience with the methods you've put down in the spreadsheet and because you're obviously very experienced as a strength athlete.
» Arnold Strongman Classic Final 2019 in Ohio (Go to post)01-03-2019 @ 08:54 
I've just checked and Ohio is 5 hours behind UK. If the above times are local Ohio time then the events start at 8pm UK time.
» Concept 2 Rowing Times. (Go to post)09-12-2017 @ 13:33 
Gingy and macroth faster than Sir Bradley Wiggins!

6:22.5
01:31.5 (35) 01:33.7 (33) 01:37.2 (30) 01:40.1 (29)

Looks like he could have paced it better and gone under 6:20.

You are here: HomeForumuzalad → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions