REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 154 guests

ultimate strongman World championships

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PaulSavageIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:24 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
BrenWad said:
Nobody dislikes Hall as much as I, but to claim one of the top strength athletes in the world isn't a good athlete is bonkers. Not as 'athletic'-a completely bland term anyway- as the other top guys perhaps-but not at all a athlete'? come on. Have you ever been around the larger MMA fighters? poor quality doughballs sring to mind with so many of these people, and yet they thrive due to weak fields.

He's a very good strongman athlete obviously, but not naturally athletic, explosive, coordinated etc The best guys in ufc heavyweight are very good and would beat nigh on everyone (only not the much larger but also athletic / skilled guys that can't make 265lb).
PaulSavageIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:26 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
AdamT said:Nothing against Hall, scary looking bloke and all that. But he would get a hammering by any good heavyweight.

He is strong at lifting weights, but someone like Brock Lesnar, or Cain Velasquez would manhandle him. Different kind of strength and obviously endurance too.

Cains endurance is amazing and tested to have a harder punch than any boxer ever tested on sports science.
AdamTIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:27 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
PaulSavage said:
Cains endurance is amazing and tested to have a harder punch than any boxer ever tested on sports science.

I doubt the punch thing is totally accurate but he is a beast.

Mark Henry and the Big Show are 400 pound guys. Apparently Kurt Angle and Brock lesnar could put them down very easily.

Size isn't everything.
BrenWadIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:28 
Enough was enough. Banned.
Member 6099, 775 posts
SQ 300, BP 195, DL 310
805.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
AdamT said:Nothing against Hall, scary looking bloke and all that. But he would get a hammering by any good heavyweight.

He is strong at lifting weights, but someone like Brock Lesnar, or Cain Velasquez would manhandle him. Different kind of strength and obviously endurance too.

Lesnar is a useless MMA fighter in skill terms-still a super poor striker, and yet his strength and wrestling has seen him earn 20 million dollars, al without having a personality to speak of. Cain is weak phsyicaly, with good cardio and good striking. Hall's supreme genetics and mindset would see him do well adapting to the multi discipline sport. Oli Thomposon has had a good career in MMA, despite not being half the strongman Hall is. Pudz has done better, despite starting later and refusing to bother to do anything other than stand and dirty box.

It's all hypothetical of course, but I always look at a lot f the top younger guys and think they are destroying their bodies for very little monetary reward.
AdamTIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:30 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
BrenWad said:
Lesnar is a useless MMA fighter in skill terms-still a super poor striker, and yet his strength and wrestling has seen him earn 20 million dollars, al without having a personality to speak of. Cain is weak phsyicaly, with good cardio and good striking. Hall's supreme genetics and mindset would see him do well adapting to the multi discipline sport. Oli Thomposon has had a good career in MMA, despite not being half the strongman Hall is. Pudz has done better, despite starting later and refusing to bother to do anything other than stand and dirty box.
It's all hypothetical of course, but I always look at a lot f the top younger guys and think they are destroying their bodies for very little monetary reward.

You can't compare Pudz or Hall to Lesnar. Useless?? I would say Lesnar was decent enough.

He would absolutely man handle Pudz or Hall. It's a silly thing to even to debate.

If you're trolling, I salute you!!
BrenWadIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:38 
Enough was enough. Banned.
Member 6099, 775 posts
SQ 300, BP 195, DL 310
805.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
You can't compare Pudz or Hall to Lesnar. Useless?? I would say Lesnar was decent enough.
He would absolutely man handle Pudz or Hall. It's a silly thing to even to debate.
If you're trolling, I salute you!!

I'm saying he's on a road to an early death in strongman. Take a cpl of years to train for MMA and then take the risks in that sport. The worst he'll get is big pay checks, some CTE risk and a happier long term life.

Lesnar really is a terrible MMA fighter. He isn't even an MMA fighter, he's a Collegiate wrestler who juiced his way to millions without ever learning or mastering the disciplines of MMA. He isn't half the athlete Hall is.
PaulSavageIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:38 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
BrenWad said:

Lesnar could take Hall down, pick him up and knock him out before Hall reacted to the takedown. Hall doesn't have those kind of explosive fibres like Lesnar does. Even at 140kg before wwe Lesnar was still fast as f**k and could do a shooting star press. That's natural athletism that can't really be trained.
drex50Icon...25-10-2016 @ 15:39 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
BrenWad said:
Lesnar is a useless MMA fighter in skill terms-still a super poor striker, and yet his strength and wrestling has seen him earn 20 million dollars, al without having a personality to speak of. Cain is weak phsyicaly, with good cardio and good striking. Hall's supreme genetics and mindset would see him do well adapting to the multi discipline sport.

Give me an argument Hall has supreme genetics.
Hall and MMA
u talk buls**t
AdamTIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:55 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
PaulSavage said:
Lesnar could take Hall down, pick him up and knock him out before Hall reacted to the takedown. Hall doesn't have those kind of explosive fibres like Lesnar does. Even at 140kg before wwe Lesnar was still fast as f**k and could do a shooting star press. That's natural athletism that can't really be trained.

I agree fully.
FAT_SAMIcon...25-10-2016 @ 16:06 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Have any of you actually met/chatted to Edd in real life?

He is a genetic freak, was 100kg shredded aged 16 with 18 inch arms. He would stomp in any sport in my opinion. At 185kg bodyweight he can still swim like a boss. He also has that mentality where he would never back down... And have you seen the size of his neck? Would be like trying to knock out a silverback ape
KevC86Icon...25-10-2016 @ 16:10 
Member 5141, 4207 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
FAT_SAM said:Have any of you actually met/chatted to Edd in real life?

He is a genetic freak, was 100kg shredded aged 16 with 18 inch arms. He would stomp in any sport in my opinion. At 185kg bodyweight he can still swim like a boss. He also has that mentality where he would never back down... And have you seen the size of his neck? Would be like trying to knock out a silverback ape

This covers my thoughts.

Right now yes, any decent fighter would beat Hall, but with eds genetics and mind set if he devoted a year of his life to any sport he would rapidly be one of the best in his chosen discipline.
drex50Icon...25-10-2016 @ 16:11 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
FAT_SAM said:Have any of you actually met/chatted to Edd in real life?

He might be impressive for u because u are trying to play his game, for me...
ive seen Radz
end of story
FAT_SAMIcon...25-10-2016 @ 16:24 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
drex50 said:
He might be impressive for u because u are trying to play his game, for me...
ive seen Radz
end of story

I was extremely athletic before starting to bulk, 100kg bench first time in a gym, best in school at all sports but nowhere near the level of Ed. Ed would lose to any decent heavyweight now but with training he'd kick arse.

Radz has a great physique but is too small to to compete with the top 3
AdamTIcon...25-10-2016 @ 16:29 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
What happens when he was punched in the chin? Also if he was drug tested I imagine he wouldn't be so strong then.

A good boxer/mma fighter stomps him.

Silly debate guys.
AdamTIcon...25-10-2016 @ 16:32 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Sam stop trolling lol

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions