Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitChickens and eggs

Chickens and eggs

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Saw a chicken run sized for, and including 3 chickens, registered and vaccinated, all in for £300 at the weekend. Apparently they each lay an egg almost every day. Is this a good deal you reckon?

I dont own, nor do I intend to own a tweed jacket at any point. That said, I never intended to do equipped PL either. Bollox.
little_a said:Saw a chicken run sized for, and including 3 chickens, registered and vaccinated, all in for £300 at the weekend. Apparently they each lay an egg almost every day. Is this a good deal you reckon?

I dont own, nor do I intend to own a tweed jacket at any point. That said, I never intended to do equipped PL either. Bollox.

I too have seen these. I would consider getting one if I had ample garden space. I would also have a vegetable patch and walk around with my cock hanging out.
Way to expensive Andy.

You know me Farm boy!! As you know we had over 7000 chickens at ours!! And yes we were tight c**ts and kept them in a battery cage!! 6-7 to a cage, now by law you can only have 2-3 in same size cage!!
Free range £2.72 a dozen at Tesco, roughly 23p each. That'll do for me. No fuss, no mess.
little_a said:Saw a chicken run sized for, and including 3 chickens, registered and vaccinated, all in for £300 at the weekend. Apparently they each lay an egg almost every day. Is this a good deal you reckon?

Im seriously considering getting chickens myself.
30 eggs for 2.99 from tesco.. easy!
When I lived on the farm as a kid we used to sell eggs. People would come from the surrounding towns and villages to buy our eggs and they were always commenting on how much better our eggs tasted than the shop bought battery produced eggs. I could never understand these comments at the time but looking back I now realise these people were under the misguided impression that the eggs we were selling came from the few chickens we had scratting about the farm yard rather than the local battery farm where we actually bought them from at trade prices...
PAGAN said:When I lived on the farm as a kid we used to sell eggs. People would come from the surrounding towns and villages to buy our eggs and they were always commenting on how much better our eggs tasted than the shop bought battery produced eggs. I could never understand these comments at the time but looking back I now realise these people were under the misguided impression that the eggs we were selling came from the few chickens we had scratting about the farm yard rather than the local battery farm where we actually bought them from at trade prices...

aye, its such a con.

My young cousin has about 100 "free range" chickens and makes a killing selling their eggs. hes about 14. People think there so much better, i just think there smaller but taste the exact same and i believe have the same macro breakdown?
they do not taste the same, UNLESS your 'doing a pagan'
thosebananas said:
aye, its such a con.
My young cousin has about 100 "free range" chickens and makes a killing selling their eggs. hes about 14. People think there so much better, i just think there smaller but taste the exact same and i believe have the same macro breakdown?

If they are properly free range, and eat worms and bugs and stuff, they will have far more omega 3, and the fat will be generally better quality
Carl said:they do not taste the same, UNLESS your 'doing a pagan'

agreed, I get them from my farmers market, and they bare no comparison to a tesco barn egg
martinb said:
If they are properly free range, and eat worms and bugs and stuff, they will have far more omega 3, and the fat will be generally better quality

aye proper free range.. why will they have more omega 3?

taste the exact same to me, and does the "slightly" better omegas 3 and vitamin a content really make the increased cost worth it?

buy barn eggs, a multi vit and fish oil. cheaper!
thosebananas said:
aye proper free range.. why will they have more omega 3?
taste the exact same to me, and does the "slightly" better omegas 3 and vitamin a content really make the increased cost worth it?
buy barn eggs, a multi vit and fish oil. cheaper!

because chickens didn't evolve eating exclusively grain, its the same reason grass fed beef has a fat profile closer to wild salmon than grain fed beef
Chuggington said:
and walk around with my cock hanging out.

Do they lay eggs too?
aaron_lohan said:
Im seriously considering getting chickens myself.

Seriously?

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitChickens and eggs
Return to top View Desktop Site