REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 192 guests

North West Benchpress Championships

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

brynevansIconNorth West Benchpress Championships25-09-2007 @ 20:51 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
We are holding the BWLA Northwest Benchpress Championships on Sunday
October 21st at Intershape Gym in Colne Lancs. Both equipped and unequipped lifters are welcome. You must be a member of BWLA to lift in this contest.
Please contact me at bevans5088@aol.com if you require any further information.
Below is an entry form you can printoff and return to me

BWLA Northwest Counties
Benchpress Championships
Sunday October 21st
Intershape Gym, Norway House, Albert Road Colne Lancs BB8 0HH

Weigh-in 09.00 till 10.30
Start 11.00am

Name___________________________________________

Address_________________________________________

Email Address______________________________________________

Equipped/Unequipped (please indicate)

Gender M / F

Bodyweight category ______________kg

Age Category ___________________

BWLA Membership No_____________________

Please send cheque for £8. payable to NWCAWLA to:
Bryn Evans
94 Waidshouse Rd
Nelson
Lancs BB9 0RZ

bevans5088@aol.com
PorkPieIcon...25-09-2007 @ 21:11 
Do hugs, not drugs.
Member 136, 712 posts
SQ 380, BP 242.5, DL 330
952.5 kgs @ 110kgs Eq
Why not make it an Open contest, BLWA members (subject to testing) competing amoungst themselves, non BLWA lifters (exempt from testing)competing alongside. It would be an opportunity to appeal to a wider group of competitors and audience.
brynevansIcon...25-09-2007 @ 21:56 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
The contest is for BWLA members only for liability reasons and BWLA cannot be associated with the the use of drugs in sport.
There are non tested organisations in the uk you might want to refer to their calender of events.
JoniIcon...25-09-2007 @ 22:00 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
exellent stuff! Will come to watch and will try to bring in couple new faces as well who are interested in giving PL a shot.

One of them would have done this comp as well if guests would have been allowed, but maybe next year.
brynevansIcon...25-09-2007 @ 22:11 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
Post Edited: 25.09.2007 @ 22:12 PM
Membership forms can be downloaded at the BWLA website
http://www.bwla.co.uk/downloads/Membership%20Application%20For...

We are keen to welcome new members in the region as well as bwla members from other regions.
We also have the NW powerlifting championships at Rhinos, Oldham on December 9th which is usually a fantastic event which the bulk of the regions lifters turn out for.
marcIcon...26-09-2007 @ 13:17 
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2415 posts
SQ 225, BP 170, DL 275
670.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Bryn would i have to join bawla for the year mate
brynevansIcon...26-09-2007 @ 13:38 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
I'm afraid so, they don't do a 6 month membership only annual.
I think they start accepting entries later in the year for 2008 so you do get a slightly extended first year of membership which would cover the NW champs
JoniIcon...26-09-2007 @ 14:09 
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Originally posted by brynevans...
I think they start accepting entries later in the year for 2008 so you do get a slightly extended first year of membership which would cover the NW champs

= one less excuse for me for not nailing that comp...
BoarIcon...26-09-2007 @ 14:18 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25565 posts
Administrator
Post Edited: 26.09.2007 @ 14:20 PM
so your gonna get stuckin to that one too ?

comps-a-plenty

PorkPieIcon...26-09-2007 @ 18:23 
Do hugs, not drugs.
Member 136, 712 posts
SQ 380, BP 242.5, DL 330
952.5 kgs @ 110kgs Eq
The contest is for BWLA members only for liability reasons and BWLA cannot be associated with the the use of drugs in sport.
There are non tested organisations in the uk you might want to refer to their calender of events.

I think you are taking a bit of a narrow view there Bryn.

Powerlifting, non tested and tested needs to attract more support, more lifters for the sport to thrive. The majority will go down the tested route in due course in any event, so BWLA will benefit.

To correct you on two facts, there are several competitions a year in Wales where BWLA and non BWLA lifters compete alongside one another on the platform - so thats the liability angle taken are of. So with planning and effort this could happen.

It is also not correct that we (non tested lifters) would be competing directly with the tested boys. I am non tested but I train with tested boys and have loaded in many contests, so please don't give me the "non association" line, like I've got the plague or something.

Anyway who said anything about using drugs?? I was refering to tested and non tested competitors.

I am well aware of the other comps run by BPO and BPC. These are great but they could easily be supplemented by local and regional lifting, involving local bodybuilders, rugby clubs, etc.
nicoIcon...26-09-2007 @ 19:59 
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1582 posts
A couple of questions:

I am English but i live in France; Would I be allowed to register for BWLA and compete in your competitions? ( I have an english address i can use if necessary)

And is there a minimum standard for this sort of competition? I would love to try a competition next year when I am back in the UK but I'm just starting out and am consequently extremely puny
Grin

and the bonus question for porkpie, how did you get that strong???? those lifts are just huge.
JoniIcon...26-09-2007 @ 20:25 
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Originally posted by nico...
and the bonus question for porkpie, how did you get that strong???? those lifts are just huge.

i have a feeling the answer will have something to do with pies...
nicoIcon...26-09-2007 @ 20:30 
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1582 posts
damn, this veggie thing is just killing meGrin
TonyIcon...26-09-2007 @ 20:35 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Originally posted by PorkPie...

I think you are taking a bit of a narrow view there Bryn.

Powerlifting, non tested and tested needs to attract more support, more lifters for the sport to thrive. The majority will go down the tested route in due course in any event, so BWLA will benefit.

To correct you on two facts, there are several competitions a year in Wales where BWLA and non BWLA lifters compete alongside one another on the platform - so thats the liability angle taken are of. So with planning and effort this could happen.

It is also not correct that we (non tested lifters) would be competing directly with the tested boys. I am non tested but I train with tested boys and have loaded in many contests, so please don't give me the "non association" line, like I've got the plague or something.

Anyway who said anything about using drugs?? I was refering to tested and non tested competitors.

I am well aware of the other comps run by BPO and BPC. These are great but they could easily be supplemented by local and regional lifting, involving local bodybuilders, rugby clubs, etc.

Good post.
JoniIcon...26-09-2007 @ 20:46 
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Originally posted by nico...
damn, this veggie thing is just killing meGrin

nah mate, you just need to get your hands on some tasty vegan/veggie pies Grin

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions