Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPudzianowski strongman comeback?

Pudzianowski strongman comeback?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ChrisMcCarthy said:I think the condition Pudz kept himself in was as much to do with potential sponsors as the shape he 'needed' to be in contest wise.

Mariusz made no conscious effort to look the way he did, nor did he stick to a strict diet. You're right though, he was a dream for metrx! Winning the comp they sponsor and looking the way he did.
rian1987
terryhollands said:
Mariusz made no conscious effort to look the way he did, nor did he stick to a strict diet. You're right though, he was a dream for metrx! Winning the comp they sponsor and looking the way he did.

How did he look so ripped then? Genetics or was it the extreme stuff he was doing? Or both? He was very close to beating z in 2009 as well when recovering from a bicep injury. So if he'd have carry on I think he would've still been challenging for top spot. Very good events for him in this year's final as well actually.
ChrisMcCarthy
terryhollands said:

I am guessing you got that info straight from the horse's mouth and I too have heard the stories of the s**t he used to eat but I strongly suspect a degree of disingenuity from Pudzianowski in this respect.

Horrible of me, I know.
I think Pudz quit at the right time. I think he would have started to drop off the pace if he'd continued.
rian1987 said:
How did he look so ripped then? Genetics or was it the extreme stuff he was doing? Or both? He was very close to beating z in 2009 as well when recovering from a bicep injury. So if he'd have carry on I think he would've still been challenging for top spot. Very good events for him in this year's final as well actually.

I think for the most part genetics. His dad was like a mini version of him and his brothers were also very muscular and super lean.

I once travelled with him from Newark airport to mohegan sun (about a 3 hour drive) he had McDonald's at the airport then twice again on the journey he had McDonald's and when we arrived he went straight in for pizza. That was not unusual for him to eat like that
terryhollands said:
I think for the most part genetics. His dad was like a mini version of him and his brothers were also very muscular and super lean.
I once travelled with him from Newark airport to mohegan sun (about a 3 hour drive) he had McDonald's at the airport then twice again on the journey he had McDonald's and when we arrived he went straight in for pizza. That was not unusual for him to eat like that

What were his PBS, did he ever say. His Wikipedia says he had a 290kg raw bench which I doubt is true?

He must have been consuming ridiculous calories eating like that
Pikefingers
93hopkinsonr said:
What were his PBS, did he ever say. His Wikipedia says he had a 290kg raw bench which I doubt is true?
He must have been consuming ridiculous calories eating like that

Pudz's physique was mądre for benching. I can believe the 290 bench, but I imagine the likes of Terry and other strongman would be more able to sady whether its's really likely. I could definitely imagine glenn toss benching close to that, (but that's totalny irrelevant).
290 is a massive bench I just can't see Pudz doing it
AdamT
I read he used to do work sets of 220 for reps of 2. I reckon he could maybe of pressed 240-250. Definitely not 290.
Among strongmen only Radz can bench 290 , I think Pudz was close to 240 at his best .
AdamT
Savolainen87 said:Among strongmen only Radz can bench 290 , I think Pudz was close to 240 at his best .

Would Ed Hall and Z not be capabale of 290 or so?
Post Edited: 06.10.2014 @ 11:39 AM by Savolainen87
AdamT said:
Would Ed Hall and Z not be capabale of 290 or so?

Ed Hall 260x2 is probably 270-275 . Zydrunas never heard of him benching heavy , only close grip . I dont think he does bench press actually . Only a video from 2011 he benched 250 with arched back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaIABTudX9U
AdamT
Savolainen87 said:
Ed Hall 260x2 is probably 270-275 . Zydrunas never heard of him benching heavy , only close grip . I dont think he does bench press actually . Only a video from 2011 he benched 250 with arched back.

If Z trained it properly I'd imagine he would be good for 300
AdamT said:
Savolainen87 said:

If Z trained it properly I'd imagine he would be good for 300

Only if he immersed his Tricep's in boiling water 3 times a day for a year!
I'm sure I've seen Ed hit a 300 bench from a few years ago on the you tubes?

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPudzianowski strongman comeback?
Return to top View Desktop Site