Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitfastest way to get an SIA licence

fastest way to get an SIA licence

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I know a few lads on here work on the doors whats the fastest way of getting a badge?
jones105
milsy said:I know a few lads on here work on the doors whats the fastest way of getting a badge?

its a 4day course mate...dont think there is a qwiker way tbh..although I did mine 2004/5 when it first started to do it.things may have changed tho...
Ask that c**t robbo, he's been playing c**t in a shirt on the door for a while!
Post Edited: 20.03.2013 @ 22:45 PM by force10
Fastest way is 4 days and 200 quid, then 250 quid to the plod for your badge and it depends how long they want to take processing it, mine was about 6 weeks.
force10 said:Fastest way is 4 days and 200 quid, then 250 quid to the plod for your badge and it depends how long they want to take processing it, mine was about 6 weeks.

X2

And make sure when you send off for your badge you get the paperwork absolutely spot on with no mistakes. If they have to send it back the whole process starts again and it can take ages.
Ps

Don't ever become a doorman. It's s**t
Robbo said:Ps

packed my job in so just need somthing to tick over for a few months while I get things sorted
Robbo said:Ps

agreed.

Fork £500 to earn crap money at unsociable hours with risk of getting into scuffs.

alot better things to invest £500 in trust me. Unless u have a decent job lined up with good pay and plenty of hours its just not worth it.
AdamT
hixxy1985 said:
agreed.
Fork £500 to earn crap money at unsociable hours with risk of getting into scuffs.
alot better things to invest £500 in trust me. Unless u have a decent job lined up with good pay and plenty of hours its just not worth it.

I agree with this, The amount of s**t You listen to is not worth it, hard trying to keep a calm head when some wee f**k is in your face. Only thing worse than a drunk man, is a drunk woman. The amount of fights and bother that women cause is unreal!
milsy said:
packed my job in so just need somthing to tick over for a few months while I get things sorted

Trust me mate you will never get out of it once you start.

It's mainly responsible for why my life is in a total s**t state.
rushend
Robbo and hixxy are absolutely right. Working the doors may seem like a great idea, but doing so might have major ramifications later on in your life. I think, to be honest, having 'contact' with the police is just pretty much an occupational hazard in the job. And if any of this kind of 'contact' leads to a criminal record - well, that's a bit crap. You just can't get rid of them (records)- even if you were 'innocent'.

There really is just so much crap to put up with - and an awful lot of people that will look to get someone in trouble because a) they can - and it's probably the only way they can 'retaliate', and b) because they might get something out of it (compensation etc.).

And Robbo is spot on with saying it's hard to get out of. As a lifestyle it can be very tempting. But it can also lead to slipping up in other areas...

There are much better, safer, ways of earning money - even if it is 'less' mney or less 'glamorous'. I'd say to anyone thinking about it to try to play the long game - think about where you might want to be in five, or even ten years. And if having a criminal record or being a bit of a crim yourself (hang around with crims and there's a good chance what they do might become 'normal' to you - and tempting) isn't part of that - then don't risk doing doorwork. Because, make no mistake, there is a very real risk of getting into trouble doing it.

Anyhow - there are better ways of spending £500. Admittedley not perhaps ones that might get you trained or earn any more money!
If you have 500 sheets to spwend, get a taxi licence instead

Will earn far more on a Fri/Sat than a doorman can in a 10hr shift, and its a bit less hassle
My current job I got mainly on the back of my ITIL foundation in IT management.
I did it online and it cost me £140 including books. I pretty much blagged the experience.

I did my six sigma qualification in process engineering. Again about £150 including books.

My missus has done her RO1 in financial planning for about £250 including books.

Admitdedly the industries are a little harder to break into but there are other options.
Take the £500

Find neiche in the market

???????

Profit
im gonna play devils advocate here and say that if you like a bit of 'drama' and your not a 9 to 5 person then its ok you get a good bond with the other lads as long as they are doorMEN and not doorStops . Many nights you do nothing for your money just chill and eat and drink and every so often it flairs up and the old adrenaline kicks in and you get to earn your money and have a bit of fun with some drunken wannabe .

I think it takes a certain person to do the doors and you really need to want a life of adrenaline and crowd control , you have to be able to control your aggression and not take your bad nights home to you to your family.

In short ; if you WANT to do it and like dealing with crap then do it
if you just want it as a stop gap then dont do it , youll hate it after a week !!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitfastest way to get an SIA licence
Return to top View Desktop Site