UK's Strongest Man 2012 events

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BigT
23 August

Day 1 - 16 Competitors, 2 groups of 8, A & B

Event 1 Ultimate Shield Walk for Distance x 2 competitors

Event 2 Titanic Grip Test Hold for time x 1 competitor

Event 3 Strongman Naval Push Wrestling Test x 2 competitors

Event 4 Ultimate Log Lift for reps of weightlifting blocks (Arnold Style) x 2 competitors, 150kg

Two competitors will be eliminated after day one

24 August

Day 2 – 12 competitors, 2 groups of 6, A & B

Event 5 Ultimate Stone for Reps – 160kg x 2 competitors

Event 6 Giant’s Table Lift for Maximum x 1 competitor

Event 7 Strongman Olympic Snatch for reps – 200lb x 1 competitor

Event 8 Human Wheelbarrow , 7 people carried 20 metre course x 1 competitor

Two competitors will be eliminated after day two

25 August

Day 3 – 8 man final

Event 1 200kg Duck Walk & 400kg Drag x 4 competitors – 30 m course

Event 2 Axle Deadlift for Maximum – x 1 competitor – 270kg starting weight

Event 3 Ultimate Truck Pull – 40 tonne, x 1 competitor, harness and rope

Event 4 Titanic Compass, 250kg for distance x 1 competitor

Event 5 Strongman Push and Pull Medley x 2 competitors
BigT
Link for it:

http://www.ultimatestrongestman.com/competitions/index.asp?ID=...
Some interesting/cool events as usual, a lot of time and effort obviously goes into them.

But "Strongman Olympic Snatch for reps – 200lb" - I still can't get with this... a 90kg repping event? Hopefully it will be better than it sounds.
BigT
Post Edited: 11.07.2012 @ 10:22 AM by BigT
Its f**king hard on an axle! One or 2 lads have done snatching in the past so will do well, but most of us are inflexible and numb, so won't get many!

There is at least one overhead each day!! The push pull medley has 3 in it alone apparently! An axle, a dumbell and then the log again!
I've got to say, for me at least, that's another boring load of events for the most part.

As a spectator and strongman fan I just don't seem to connect with the UKs, whether it's the format, the events (which at least are a break from the norm I suppose) the leotards or what, I don't know, but it doesn't half take a lot of effort to watch!
BigT
Its a good mix of moving, static and not often seen events, so not bad imho. Not so keen on the ammount of overhead events.

Agree about the leotards though! I don't like wearing them!
VanillaGorilla said:As a spectator and strongman fan I just don't seem to connect with the UKs, whether it's the format, the events (which at least are a break from the norm I suppose) the leotards or what, I don't know, but it doesn't half take a lot of effort to watch!

You see, I love heavy comps, but I'm inclined to agree with Dave....

Can someone please explain to me in normal event terms, what all those events are? (some are obvioulsy easy enough to decipher..)
Giants table.lift is back lift. BORING.

Titanic compass is.probably conans? s**t lol
Naval push wrestling could be pole push? That's ok I suppose.

But log off stands?!
I think it looks quite cool

I like stuff like table lift, its strongman, we should be doing weird stuff, but admittedly it won't be good for the crowd

IMO the last day looks awesome, proper events, should be really exciting
martinb said:I think it looks quite cool

I like stuff like table lift, its strongman, we should be doing weird stuff, but admittedly it won't be good for the crowd

IMO the last day looks awesome, proper events, should be really exciting

Agreed

Back lift will maybe be dull in person but could be edited well for tv
Ben_F said:Some interesting/cool events as usual, a lot of time and effort obviously goes into them.

But "Strongman Olympic Snatch for reps – 200lb" - I still can't get with this... a 90kg repping event? Hopefully it will be better than it sounds.

Yeah 90kg snatch for reps is hard to swallow. What does Paul carter weigh?

There will be tiny 50kg women at the Olympics snatching 90kg

But part of me does think (maybe hope) it'll be awesome
slimsim
VanillaGorilla said:Giants table.lift is back lift. BORING.

This is just about my least favourite strongman events - maybe with the exception of the hip lift! It's boring as f**k to watch someone move something 3-inches irrespective of the weight being shifted

I'll enjoy watching the snatch although having an event which causes most guys problems due to their inflexibility issues rather than the weight being lifted seems a bit daft imo.
BigT
drew said:
Yeah 90kg snatch for reps is hard to swallow. What does Paul carter weigh?

Paul didn't qualify, but weighs about 30 stone.

Have people actually tried doing a snatch/muscle snatch on an axle bar where the weights don't rotate? Bare in mind 99% of us competing will prob have never tried the exercise before. Its harder than it sounds, even at 90kg! Plus itll prob be raining!
BigT said:
Paul didn't qualify, but weighs about 30 stone.
Have people actually tried doing a snatch/muscle snatch on an axle bar where the weights don't rotate? Bare in mind 99% of us competing will prob have never tried the exercise before. Its harder than it sounds, even at 90kg! Plus itll prob be raining!

Fair enough I just thought of the biggest man I could

Yeah no doubt it's much harder than people will give credit too. It's a test of grip/flexibility more than strength really

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsUK's Strongest Man 2012 events
Return to top View Desktop Site