Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsUKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012

UKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ministry
This years Southern qualifier is being held at Ministry of Muscle Gym.
All athletes must bring their passport with them on regsitering.
Athletes must be at Ministry of Muscle by 11 am. The comp will start at 12.
Entrance fee is £10.
Events are
1. 145kg Axel press. Press from chest. As many reps as poss in 1 minute.

2. 280kg Squat for reps in 1 minute. No squat suits/briefs allowed. No baggy tracksuit bottoms.

3.300 kg deadlift on Olympic bar for reps in 1 minute. No powerlifing suits/briefs allowed. No baby oil allowed.
No straps
At this point the top 8 athletes will continue and the rest will be knocked out. The remaining 8 athletes will then
4. 150kg Farmers walk for distance. No tacky

5. Tyre flip. 500kg for reps in 1 min

6. Loading event. 2 x 135kg ducks followed by 165 anvil and 145 anvil. Mat to mat over 15 metres for fastest time.

The top 4 athletes will then go on to represent Southern England in the Englands Strongest Man final which will be held at the Aylesford Summer Games on 9th June. Any enquiries ministryofmuscle@aol.com
Date?
ministry
Oops minor error. It is on the events page but it is on 22 April
squirrel
Hi Steve

I'm in. big heavy tyre, as i've only ever fliped one type in my life best i call in your place and get my hands dirty.

see ya soon
Karl Grant
you can put me down for this
willegan
and me
any reason why the events are powerlifting based before they are strongman base??
BigT
Same for all the qualifiers, aimed to get people prepared for the UKS static stuff I think.
JFL said:any reason why the events are powerlifting based before they are strongman base??

Never ever seen axle, farmers, tyre or loading in PL me....am I missing something?
Marc3824
I think he is referring to the fact it's all about no
straps no suits no tacky etc.
hilliker
Steves all about the old school I think so that's probably why no suits or straps.
BigT said:Same for all the qualifiers, aimed to get people prepared for the UKS static stuff I think.

Was the uk's very static last year? I seem to remember only 1 overhead, a squat and a Deadlift hold. Out of 13 events that's not much.
BigT
The 1st 3 events in the Eng qualifiers are the same/similar static events to try and create some uniformity in the quals.

Tel: Thats just what I was told when I asked. Its a good base though.
I really hope the Scottish qual doesn't follow this template, or I'll be spectating! lol
BigT said:The 1st 3 events in the Eng qualifiers are the same/similar static events to try and create some uniformity in the quals.

Tel: Thats just what I was told when I asked. Its a good base though.

Fair enough, I personally just don't agree with the cut. Someone could win say the press, fail the squat and Deadlift win the last 3 events and win the comp possibly but certainly qualify but they wouldn't get the chance

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsUKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012
Return to top View Desktop Site