Who's Online - 1 member and 102 guests

Paul Savage training log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 616 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

jtIcon...16-09-2019 @ 17:32 
old age traveller
Member 332, 7870 posts
PaulSavage said:
You obviously know I mean with the goal of getting Becca to being worlds strongest woman, you arnt that thick. Feel free to take comments like this elsewhere.

You should get her a decent coach.
KevC86Icon...16-09-2019 @ 18:36 
Member 5141, 4221 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
You obviously know I mean with the goal of getting Becca to being worlds strongest woman, you arnt that thick. Feel free to take comments like this elsewhere.

Literally the whole post was about you and your training, it had nothing to do with Becca, so how is that the obvious inference? Or at all relevant really, coaching becca should not prevent you from training.
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 18:47 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 16.09.2019 @ 18:50 PM by PaulSavage
jt said:
You should get her a decent coach.

Yeah, it's amazing how lucky she has been, winning the British championships, European championships, twice world championships, and beating someone who's went undefeated in grip for 22 years. Winning UK's strongest woman, Britains natural strongest woman, wales strongest woman, Europe's strongest woman and twice world championships drug free. All whilst setting pb after pb after pb month after month year after year. It's weird it's almost like she has a great coach but obviously not since your dumb ass said so on the internet. I'll go ahead and quit and get her a new coach, how about yourself? I'm sure you would have her winning worlds strongest woman at least 7 times just this year alone.
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 18:48 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
KevC86 said:
Literally the whole post was about you and your training, it had nothing to do with Becca, so how is that the obvious inference? Or at all relevant really, coaching becca should not prevent you from training.

I suggest reading my posts before you comment, they would make more sense then.
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 19:01 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
If anyone else wants to try and troll me, id much prefer you go troll someone else as it's just pointless, but if you must, at least put some kind of thought behind it to not make it so obvious that you may as well start by saying you are trolling.
jtIcon...16-09-2019 @ 20:34 
old age traveller
Member 332, 7870 posts
PaulSavage said:
Yeah, it's amazing how lucky she has been, winning the British championships, European championships, twice world championships, and beating someone who's went undefeated in grip for 22 years. Winning UK's strongest woman, Britains natural strongest woman, wales strongest woman, Europe's strongest woman and twice world championships drug free. All whilst setting pb after pb after pb month after month year after year. It's weird it's almost like she has a great coach but obviously not since your dumb ass said so on the internet. I'll go ahead and quit and get her a new coach, how about yourself? I'm sure you would have her winning worlds strongest woman at least 7 times just this year alone.

Becca has a lot of natural talent that is why she has done so well despite being hampered by you.

If she had a proper coach who knew what he/she was really doing Becca would be legendary.
WILLSANIcon...16-09-2019 @ 20:39 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
jt said:
Becca has a lot of natural talent that is why she has done so well despite being hampered by you.
If she had a proper coach who knew what he/she was really doing Becca would be legendary.

https://media.tenor.com/images/be87ab1077af304c177828e77fc0b01e/tenor.gif
General_illIcon...16-09-2019 @ 20:44 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
jt said:

100% agree.

Euros only had 3 competitors
What happened at brits, full comp decent athlete.........
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 22:35 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
jt said:

Lols so basically what your saying is Becca has the best genetics of all time (which you would know since erm..) and all the other top athletes have s**te genetics - sure dude
General_illIcon...16-09-2019 @ 22:41 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Lols so basically what your saying is Becca has the best genetics of all time (which you would know since erm..) and all the other top athletes have s**te genetics - sure dude

No he means she an amazing talent despite the way you coach her and someone who knew what they were in about would get even more from her.
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 22:43 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
General_ill said:
100% agree.
Euros only had 3 competitors
What happened at brits, full comp decent athlete.........

You have a short memory, whilst messing up nearly all events at Europe's the year before (due to a very short prep and nerves, not bad coaching before you start) she still beat Natasha maite who had just beat basically everyone who competed at Brits bar Andrea. Maybe, just maybe, she was smashed to bits from Europe's 6 days prior? Not to mention she was on one glute. Again people need to actually bother to read before commenting.
RebeccaRobertsIcon...16-09-2019 @ 22:51 
update game is weak
Member 6289, 173 posts
SQ 220, BP 120, DL 228
568.0 kgs @ 175kgs UnEq
I'm not being funny but none of you know me except Paul and he has done brilliantly coaching me through numerous injuries (from rugby before you all start - shoulder surgery and a completely messed up back).

He is the best coach i could have and the amount of time and research he puts into my programming is unreal. He consistently gets me results and improvements.

I can put you in touch with my massage therapist to prove that i was infact functioning on one glute for Brits. I was 6 days post comp and my glute was not firing at all. When lying on my front i could not lift my right leg up at all, glutes just wouldnt contract. (John Lee on facebook, ascend massage therapy)

Our work is our business and if you dont have anything nice to say, please move on.
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 22:57 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 17.09.2019 @ 05:27 AM by PaulSavage
General_ill said:
No he means she an amazing talent despite the way you coach her and someone who knew what they were in about would get even more from her.

Absolute bo***cks, and you would have f**k all clue because you have never coached her, never been coached by me and have basically zero knowledge about any of this. If you really think someone becomes the best of all time in one sport and one of the best in the world in another drug free in only a couple years with poor coaching you are a complete idiot. If she had the best genetics of all time, which she absolutely doesn't, not even slightly close, but let's say she's even 50% better genetically than she is, that's still never ever happened with anyone and is literally impossible. Even with top 1% genetics you don't get those kind of results without good coaching and programming. This is a fact. The reality, which again you would obviously not know anything about, is that Becca is a nightmare to coach half the time and honestly wouldn't even bother to go the gym much without me, never mind train like she does to be a top strength athlete. She simply doesn't have the motivation on her own, that's the way it is with some people (no I'm not knocking her). No other coach on the planet would coach her through every workout often massively sacrificing there own, changing every weight, setting up every event, make sure she salts every meal, make sure she's always hydrated for training, make sure she always gets as much sleep as she can, giving her regular massage, always researching to try get better, goes over training plans over and over and over to get them right, always makes the correct adjustments at the correct times, always pays attention, literally puts there whole life into coaching her. Would never happen.
PaulSavageIcon...16-09-2019 @ 23:19 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 17.09.2019 @ 00:03 AM by PaulSavage
I'll explain the reality to anyone reading this who thinks Becca is some extreme genetic freak an that's what her results come from. Firstly ive trained with and been around plenty of freaks so I know the difference and what top class genetics are. I can sort of understand this thinking with Becca as honestly I thought she was more of a freak when I first met her and she is definitely a freak in the sense that she is freaky tall and big frame wise. She also doesn't move around like she weighs what she weighs, probably due to her monster calf's. Natural strength though, which obviously is really important here, it's only her calf's that are naturally strong, and that's probably just because they natural hold so much muscle (but loads of people get this). She doesnt have freaky natural strength, she could deadlift 80kg when she started, there's girls she competes against that could do literally twice as much, I've heard of some being able to do 100kg more. She also doesn't recover fast, can handle basically zero volume etc The real top genetic freak athletes are born strong, often have muscular or ripped physiques without ever picking up a weight, respond awesome to training, hardly ever get sore, recover really quick etc thats definitely not everyone that she competes against, not at all (but obviously they take gear so that changes things), the genetics are still nowhere near the men's but it comes from hard hard graft and doing the right things consistently over long periods of time, saying genetics is just a cop out. There's also the mental side which is massive for these sports, some people are genetically mentally tough with massive will power and that alone can produce great results, not the case with Becca. She's had and still has a lot of issues mentally. She suffers badly with anxiety, has had severe PTSD, attempted suicide 3 times etc again, you idiots posting the negative comments don't know this stuff. She gets mentally defeated very easily if things don't go her way, she doesn't control her emotions very well, she will lash out to the point most coaches wouldn't want anything to do with her, is crying in the gym all the way through preps half the time etc again this is no knock on her, it is what it is, she's not the only one who has these issues, but it takes a massive amount of mental coaching to get her through training and get her in the right mind frame to compete.
KevC86Icon...17-09-2019 @ 07:16 
Member 5141, 4221 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
I wonder at what point "motivating" someone to do something becomes bullying them to achieve things that you can't achieve yourself.

12345678910 ... 616 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions