Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsIan Strongman Training Journal

Ian Strongman Training Journal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Congrats on the deadlift PB, looking forward to competing (or trying to...) with you on Saturday!
where is the frikkin vid ??

nice PB !! enjoy the comp mate !
ben66 said:Congrats on the deadlift PB, looking forward to competing (or trying to...) with you on Saturday!

cheers ben mate it will be a good comp mate and a laugh everyone helps each other out so all good. hows your training going?
Post Edited: 03.09.2010 @ 09:53 AM by ITRG
Boar said:where is the frikkin vid ??

nice PB !! enjoy the comp mate !

no vid mate wasn't expecting to go heavy just got it stuck in my head when i went in i wanted a pb lol
oh and your question in the dragons thread mate. lee won the scottish jeremy 2nd and i was 3rd.
lee's no doing the british so its me and jeremy
saturday the 04.09.10

first time i've had a chance to write up guys awsome comp well run as always

First event - Log 90kg reps in 75s got 2 reps 3rd cleaned easy but just couldn't lock out was aiming for 3 - 5 so abit disappointed to be honest but i no overhead is a big weekness which will be getting hit hard every week from now on

Second event - 227.5kg 15" deadlift - 6 reps. first rep and i thought i was going to be sick lol had to keep bringing up gas between reps more than happy with 6 reps though cause untill i started training at the unit 7 months ago my max was 150 5x5.

Third Event - Stones 100, 117, 130, 135. i hate stones but have to get my finger out and hit them hard. loaded the first 3 had a go at the 4th but ran out of steam. need alot more pratice.

Fourth Event - Fingals Finger reps in 75s - Managed 4 reps big pb have only ever done this once before and got 2 reps so more than happy although had a real fight for the 4th dropped to my shoulder but managed to fight it over

Fifth Even - 135kg farmers hold - ~51s this placed me 1st happy .

Overall - 2nd

thanks to brian and nick for putting on the show and to lee and bernie for the reffing. also big thanks to maca and the crew for all the setting up all day fast and well run comp.

Big thanks to Unit 20 for putting on another brilliant show and for all the competetors was good to meet you's and put faces to names on here.
only dissapointing thing for me was when lee told me thats me not allow to do any more novice comps after the british u90's its time to put on some size lol
Well done Ian, nice performances, great grip! 2nd place to Scott is awesome. Happy
great performance mate.

my dad asked me to pass on.. "eat some bloody food and you'll go places!"

Grin
pete - thanks mate it was good to compete against you Happy i was just lucky to finish second mate it was a close battle all the way anyone of 5 of us could of Happy

scott - lol thanks mate was well impressed mate you will hold your own in the opens Happy as for the eatting after the british u90's i'm moving upto the 105's next year mate so i'll see you at the scottish u105's Happy
are you able to get to training tongiht champ or has the night work started already.

(btw im gonna start calling you champ as you won it really thosebananas was just glory hunting so doesnt count Grin )
I have got a log going Ian, hopefully I'll stick to it if I can be bothered. Realised all you f**kers are getting ahead of me, 11 weeks leave at home makes you a bit slack lol! Bring it on.
just remembered one of the most impressive things about the comp was your missus drinking cider whilst watching. Happy She had the right idea.
PeteHodgson said:just remembered one of the most impressive things about the comp was your missus drinking cider whilst watching. Happy She had the right idea.

lol yeah think she had the right idea lol she went to the first timers and there was alot of drink and she had none said it wouldnt happen again lol
drew said:are you able to get to training tongiht champ or has the night work started already.

(btw im gonna start calling you champ as you won it really thosebananas was just glory hunting so doesnt count Grin )

college has started already mate but told them i cant make it for the next two weeks Happy going tonight will you be there bud?
Pompy said:I have got a log going Ian, hopefully I'll stick to it if I can be bothered. Realised all you f**kers are getting ahead of me, 11 weeks leave at home makes you a bit slack lol! Bring it on.

think your just missing the unit mate Wink
ITRG said:
think your just missing the unit mate Wink

definately missing a hardcore training environment yeah be it the unit or strength tec. the gym here in doncaster is good but way too many posers. literally 18 year old lads who have not trained a month of their life 'flexing' topless in the mirror lol. it's the best gym in donny though

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsIan Strongman Training Journal
Return to top View Desktop Site