Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsI like Power-Bars

I like Power-Bars

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

your getting some nice work in there
08/10/11 deadlift 5's

Was totally s**tting it for this session since my back is still sore! Warmed up and kept my jumper on to keep it as warm as possible! Everything was feeling good and just kept my back as straight as possible to keep the stress of the middle where it was sore.

120 kg x 5
140 kg x 5
160 kg x 5

All pretty easy, smooth and fast, so pretty pleased with this =p

Did some pull ups to keep my back non-stressed (BW) mix of grips
4 x 5

Lots of stretching and home! Hopefully a few more good sleeps and interesting concoctions of pain killers and fish oil and I'll be back to normal! =p
10/10/11 bench 5/3/1

Had been looking forward to tonight, but after a shot sleep and a longer than expected day in the lab I wasn't feeling too great! Plus my back had been feeling a bit stiff too! Lol I sound so whiny! =p
Anyway, after a few warm ups my back began to feel better when I arched it so I decided to go ahead with the weights as planned.

70 kg x 5
80 kg x 3
90 kg x 5 - PB touch and go (finally found a good spotter tonight! =p)

Pull-ups BW mix of grips
3 x 5

Left it there, minimal assistance, this is my last heavy week before the comp, so just focusing on the main lifts.
Squats tomorrow, 150 top set, gonna shoot for 3 and see how I feel! =p need to see how my back feels while squatting too...
Anyway, very pleased with tonight! =D
11/10/11 squats 5/3/1

Didn't really want to go into the gym tonight... Haven't felt like that in ages! Stupid squats! Lol decided to go anyway and just do the required reps/sets and leave.
Back felt a bit weird on squats... Don't like this downward-upwaed pressure on my spine business!
Warmed up and didn't feel too good!

115 kg x 5
135 kg x 3 - felt like crap! Should have stuck the belt on here... Stupid!
150 kg x 3 - belted (PB), I was hoping for 5, but left it there, didn't want to risk failing any reps at this stage! =p 150 should be an easy opener though!

Was gripping the bar harder than usual tonight, noticed that I felt more solid! Thanks to Dave Tate for that one =p YouTube isn't jut full of useless s**te afterall! =p

Pull-ups BW mix of grips
4x5

Done! Quite happy with my PB tonight, kind of wish I had went for 5 though...
Ah well, never mind, there's always afterthe comp =p and with a triple here there's no pressure to get 5's on my other 5/3/1 weeks =p lol lazy bas***d!
IainT
Post Edited: 11.10.2011 @ 20:52 PM by IainT
tis the nice thing about 5/3/1 - the bare minimum (or a couple of reps more) is always achievable and worth doing too.
13/10/11 OHP 5/3/1

Felt good going in tonight =p had quite a productive day in the lab!
Warmed up with an Olympic bar, but managed to steal a power bar for my last 2 work sets! =p

52.5 kg x 5 so easy! But oly bar may have helped =p
60 kg x 3 power bar! Still easy!
67.5 kg x 3 - PB - first 2 were awesome! Last one stuck slightly just before lockout point =p but was in no danger of failing! Didn't push for anymore as I don't want to fail any lifts at his stage! =p

Pull ups BW MG
4 x 5

Done! Good sesh! Very pleased with this one! Only one more heavy sesh before the comp! Then a deload then a rest week! Lol really looking forward to this! Even if I can get 25 kg onto my total I'll he happy! =p
165 kg 100 kg 200 kg
likesadeadkf
Nice one cameron. Looking stronger these days! Was just wondering why your going to take a deload week before the week off before the comp Confused Just seems like alot of time off proper training for the comp? I mayyy be joining you and chris at the juniors but yet to decide properly.
likesadeadkf said:Nice one cameron. Looking stronger these days! Was just wondering why your going to take a deload week before the week off before the comp Confused Just seems like alot of time off proper training for the comp? I mayyy be joining you and chris at the juniors but yet to decide properly.

Cheers Neil! Lol, dunno really, been pretty happy with how my training has gone so far =p and the cycle of 5/3/1 ended here so I thought I may as well =p
How's the job and such going?
15/10/11 deadlift 5/3/1

No food before training. Gay! Hungover. Gay! Lol good sesh though

140 kg x 5
160 kg x 3
175 kg x 5 - PB belted lost my line on rep 4 but the rest were smooth!

Pull ups BW MG
4 x 5

Home for a sandwich! =p lol
17/10/11 deload

Squats
100 kg x 2 x 5

Bench
60 kg x 2 x 5

Pull-ups BW
5 x 5
18/10/11 deload

Squat
100 x 2 x 5

Bench
70 kg x 5

Pul-ups BW
5 x 5
Your deadlifts are looking very strong just now. It surely can't be that long until you're taking a single for 200kg plus?
Good log all over as well. You're putting in hard graft.
Wiegieboard said:Your deadlifts are looking very strong just now. It surely can't be that long until you're taking a single for 200kg plus?
Good log all over as well. You're putting in hard graft.

Cheers man, yeah, hopefully it'll be there at the juniors
I'm sure you'll lift solid at the comp. The numbers are good lately Happy
22/10/11 sort of deload

Trained at strathy today with Allen, did some moderate weight on deadlifts, felt pretty easy.

120 kg x 5
145 kg x 5
160 kg x 5

Barbell rows
60 kg x3 x 10

Pull ups BW
2 x 5
1 x 8

Looking forward to the comp on Sunday.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsI like Power-Bars
Return to top View Desktop Site