Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA journal of non-negligible strength gains

A journal of non-negligible strength gains

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Squat 148 3x5
Press 69 5x3
Power clean 106 5x3

Bi's sore from Saturday. Gonna have to add some curlz to the mix. Grin
some excellent videogramms !!

nice powercleans especially
Thanks, buddy! Things are moving along steadily.

I see you're getting in top shape for EIRC. Are you really quitting on making lightweight? Still have a a month to go, right?
Nice round numbers today. Tongue

Squat 150 3x5
Tweaked my back a bit on the first set (beltless). Unhappy I think I need more actual squatting in my warm-up routine.

BP 100 3x5
Pretty easy.

DL 200 1x5
Not quite as easy as I would have liked.
Following your journal with interest! Some nice numbers. You're doing starting strength right?
Thanks!

Yeah, I figured it would be a good way to get back to decent numbers quickly after 3 months of almost exclusive erg training. It's working, but I don't know for how much longer.
Squat 152 3x5 Back felt ok. Bar felt heavy.

Press 70 5x3 Tried not to do so much of a s**tty standing inclined bench. Limited success.

Power clean 108 5x3 Not a good day for power cleans. Rhythm felt off. Still doing a jumping jack landing. Gonna have to fix that if ever I want to do a proper clean, because there's no way I can go deep with my feet that wide apart. Another less than pleasant feeling was that of standing there with the bar racked and thinking "There's no way in hell I can get this overhead." Unhappy

On a more positive note, my gym is moving to a new, bigger location on Sunday, 500m away from it's current spot (and a bunch of us will be helping - that will be my workout for the weekend). There's still a bit of work to be done, and the pull-up rig won't be up before Monday, but it's a much bigger space. More bumpers, 25kg plates, log(s), maybe tires, climbing ropes... Looking forward to all of that!
Nothing from Saturday through Monday, due to resting and helping the gym move into a new space. Still a bit of work to do, but it's going to be a nice facility I think.

Yesterday I was able to rush through a session after work.

Squat: 154 3x5

Floor press: 100x5, 104x5,5 Not exactly comfortable on a concrete floor.

DL: 200x6
Another quicky tonight.

Squat 156 3x5

Press 71 5x3

Both weights felt heavy.
* Thursday
Power clean 110kg 5x3 Not really, since I missed a lot of reps. Unhappy

* Friday
Squat 158kgx7 Only time for one heavy set. Last rep was monged up. Unhappy

* Sunday
Half-day of alpine skiing. Great snow conditions.
Last week was a bit of a mess because of work obligations. I have a week of holidays starting next weekend, so I'm going to try and do one more week of solid training/testing, then it will be time to change things up. I've regained a bit of strength, now I need to keep building slowly. Probably 5/3/1 or something similar, but it has to fit into 1 hour somehow.
Post Edited: 11.02.2014 @ 16:49 PM by macroth
Since I fell half-way off the wagon with my programme last week and I'll be away from the gym all of next week, I figured I'd test a few 1RM's to plan out my next phase of training.

Today it was the press, and I was pleasantly surprised to equal my PB from last July. Obviously, 5 days of resting did my arms and shoulders some good.

* Press
85kgx1
90kgx0 (got stuck around forehead height)
75kgx3

* Ring dips +20kg vest 3x5

* 1-arm standing dumbbell press (with FatGripz) 20kg 3x10 each arm

Today's session is going to be my basic format after the holidays. 5/3/1 for the main lift (press, deadlift, bench, squat), counting only good reps (no grinders or ugly form), and two assistance exercises: one bodyweight/gymnastics, one lift (barbell/dumbbell/kettlebell/axle...); one of those will be heavy/low rep, the other light/high rep. I think I can fit this in one hour if I don't waste teim. Weekends will be for strongman event training (mostly light/for speed at first) and general conditioning.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA journal of non-negligible strength gains
Return to top View Desktop Site