REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 114 guests
You are here: HomeForumShaunb → View All Posts

View All Posts: Shaunb

» Ex-wife, Boomstick, Painpill etc... (Go to post)25-08-2016 @ 10:13 
Hi,

was wondering if anyone knew of a UK equivalent of this like Chris duffins and Donnie's tools.

thanks
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)07-03-2016 @ 11:52 
Im looking into making a really thick deadlift platform as i have room for it, few layers of plywood/chipboard, 25mm strength shop matts on top should do the trick.
its a real pain to get a concrete base made up with lack of access to the back of my house... so not going to bother.

The chin up station will just live on the outside somewhere haha, just use it during the warmer months Wink
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)01-03-2016 @ 12:55 
Yeah thanks, that works now.

So my plan was, i have slabs down already, getting 300mm spacing base put down. was planning on making a seperate deadlift platform using chipboard and matting from strength shop. Think that will do me without laying concrete?
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)26-02-2016 @ 16:50 
Boar,

that link doesnt work ?
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)26-02-2016 @ 09:47 
Okay... so at the final stages of getting all this kicked off.
I am torn between getting concrete laid, or going for extra support from the wooden base. i.e. instead of beams 600mm spacing, 300mm spacing and on the inside setting up thick matting and a chipboard platform for deadlifting.

has anyone done this witohut a concrete base?
» Paused bench pb! (Go to post)19-01-2016 @ 11:04 
Incredible, so impressive to see this, thanks for sharing it.

i have a question about your torn meniscus, how did you recover from that?
Thanks
» Advice Please (Go to post)06-01-2016 @ 16:05 
Perhaps a program like 5/3/1 would work? its not full on 100% all the time, and you can reign it back as you see fit.
example, not going for AMRAPS and only doing prescribed reps. it also programs in a deload week so might help with recovery?

There are a lot of templates in the book ranging from 2 days training, 3 or 4.
» Knee issues (Go to post)02-01-2016 @ 21:18 
Thanks,

its strange, i can still train, it doesnt hurt squatting or deadlifting, i feel its presence but its not painful. even hit some PB's recently and it wasnt painful, just seems to flair up every now and then..
» Knee issues (Go to post)02-01-2016 @ 20:41 
Hello,

looking for some advice. i have been having some knee problems... it all started while warming up for deadlifts i got a shooting pain on the inside of my right knee, after a month or so it seems to have transfered to the outer side of my knee and if i squat too far down / sit on my knees/kneeling down i get a pain in my knee that goes down the front of my calf, its on the lower right hand side of my knee, that feels direct on the knee cap... hope that makes sense.

has anyone experienced this, any advice who i should see about this issue? physio? osteopath?

Thanks a lot
» My first 200kg bench press :) (Go to post)02-10-2015 @ 10:11 
very quick off the chest, nice work
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)28-09-2015 @ 15:21 
Luke, thanks so much for the photos. the 10x8 is a lot bigger than i expected it to be! Looks great.

Just a shed tall enough to fit a full rack haha.
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)28-09-2015 @ 10:20 
Photos would be great luke, would appreciate that.

currently looking at the measurements of the power cage from strength shop.
1690x1450x2150mm

Cant seem to find a shed that is tall enough?
» Uneven Squat (Go to post)24-09-2015 @ 08:50 
JonA81 said:I used to get this. Make sure your setting up correctly, feet inline with each other and both pointing out at the same angle.

I got a few friends to check my set up and what do you know.... left leg was further back and pointed out more than right, apparently by quite a bit.. i didnt notice the difference myself.

The new "proper" position feels off to me, its going to take some getting used to, but i also increased walk out from 3 steps to 4 and that seems to have helped me get it almost every time.

thanks so much for the help with this one
» Home Gym - in a shed (Go to post)23-09-2015 @ 15:31 
Luke82 said:I used to have a garage from the council and they kept jacking the price up so I moved my gear into a shed. It's the future.

I also set a concrete base in my garden, but put a ready made shed on it, 10' x 8'. It's very doable but there are a few things to consider;

1. Overhead work: a shed high enough to safely do overhead work in would likely throw a permanent eclipse in your neighbours garden, so, like me, you may have to do seated overhead stuff from autumn to spring.

2. Ventilation: I had a big problem with mould until a storm blew a window out, which I've now left out and not had problems since. Except that my cat uses it as a sleeping / murdering area and I quite often have to remove dead mice and pigeon heads from my lifting zone.

3. Water ingress: a lot of prefab sheds assume you'll be installing the included wooden floor, but it won't suit most lifters as the first three plate deadlift will plow straight through it. If you're gonna plonk a shed straight on a concrete base you'll need to seal the bottom of the shed with some expanding foam. Trust me, no matter how level you think your base is, rain water will get in and pool.

4. Getting a rack in: like peanuts I made sure I could fit my rack in the shed first (I used trigonometry and eveything, so it is useful in real life!) but didnt account for the internal support beams, so had to take the top off my rack to squeeze it in, then get some metal bracers made from a local metal workers, which were only about £20 from memory.

Have you got the weights etc. already it do you have to get everything from scratch?

Very useful information there Luke, appreciate it.
The reality of a home shed is becoming more likely. in terms of a ready made 10x8 shed i am finding they might not be tall enough? looking at the strength shop rack its about 2150mm tall. Cant seem to find sheds as tall?? maybe i could go for the squat rack instead.

what do you do around pull ups / chins in a 10x8 shed? can you do them?
» Ox's Journal Of Insanity (Go to post)21-09-2015 @ 14:36 
Oxman said:Just noticed, i am in week 10 of my CBP program, when i first started my max triple on reverse band deads was 290kg, i got 330kg x 3 yesterday and intend on getting 340kg x 3 in 2 weeks time. My reverse band squat was 200kg x 3, done 230kg x 3 last week and will be getting 240kg x 3 in 2 weeks time. My reverse band bench was about 180kg, monday i got 205kg x 3 will be going for 207.5-210kg x 3 in 2 weeks.

wow, that progress is really impressive. How is it carrying over to your comp lifts?

You are here: HomeForumShaunb → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions