REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 247 guests
You are here: HomeForummic_od → View All Posts

View All Posts: mic_od

» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)03-04-2016 @ 17:30 
PaulSavage said:
This is actually the complete opposite of what you think, the reason i havent paid is because i dont break promises and i was forced to promise not to pay. I didnt get any chance to actually do any log pressing due to injury but even so, to me personally, a bets a bet and ive never not paid a bet. However, it caused a big arguement with the mrs, then my mother and brother got involved and i had to promise not to pay. The £100 to me is f**k all, i have no issue with losing that, but if i make a promise to loved ones i wont break it so all i can say is sorry dude, i mean what can i do? It was literally on the verge of causing a break up with it as stupid as that is

hi paul, nice to see you back!

had you won the bet, would your mrs/mum/bro have made you promise not to collect your winnings?
» Anyone fancy any Dumbbells? (Go to post)20-03-2016 @ 13:02 
If your buying adjustable... I highly recommend "ironmaster quick lock dumbbells"

Solid dumbbell,no rattling plates, and guaranteed for life
» Frank Bruno comeback... ? (Go to post)04-02-2016 @ 20:38 
Wasn't he told by doctors that he could never box again due to an eye injury? If so ,surely that's still the case
» Tom pulls 400kg (Go to post)02-02-2016 @ 21:37 
Incredible achievement!
Your progress has been amazing!well done tom
» by how much does grunting during a lift make you stronger? (Go to post)24-11-2015 @ 19:50 
Adds 10kg to each lift
15kg if you have someone shouting "1 more makes you massive" whilst you grunt.
And 20kg if all the above is happening plus you have a beard
» Hit a nice 310kg squat today :) (Go to post)17-10-2015 @ 08:55 
s**t the bed! That looked easy
» 342.5kg x 3 deadlift (Go to post)23-07-2015 @ 22:19 
Beast!
» upgrading to a fancy bar - worth it? (Go to post)23-07-2015 @ 07:11 
I said:I bought the strengthshop 2029 powerlifting bar! I'm not happy with it! The reason I bought it in the first place was because I kept having to tighten the hex screws every session!

2 weeks after buying the bar,one of the rings that fit between the bar and the sleeve popped out! Spoke to strength shop they told me to put some metal glue on it and hammer it back in! And that would sort the problem!

It didn't work and I now have to hammer it back in every deadlift session! How long until it snaps,I don't know. So I don't have tighten the hex screws anymore but I have to do a bit of hammering!

To be fair I haven't got back in touch with strengthshop, so I don't know for sure that they wouldn't replace/ fix it properly but I do feel that there was a fault with it from New and they should have taken it back and not asked me to repair it!

Also the rings are 10mm different from the centre point,which may seem like nit picking to some but a lot of my squats or lopsided slightly, a problem I've never sufferd before! Not saying that it is definitely down to the bar but it's in my head now and it bothers me.
after posting this on here, strength shop have contacted me and are collecting my bar and replacing it on Monday!

I am very happy with this outcome,and must say that since they've contacted me they could not have been more helpful
» upgrading to a fancy bar - worth it? (Go to post)18-07-2015 @ 18:31 
just like to update on my earlier post. since posting that I was unhappy with my strengthshop bar! I have received an e mail from strengthshop ( after them reading my post) basically offering to collect the bar from me and replace it or give me a credit note!
» upgrading to a fancy bar - worth it? (Go to post)18-07-2015 @ 08:58 
I bought the strengthshop 2029 powerlifting bar! I'm not happy with it! The reason I bought it in the first place was because I kept having to tighten the hex screws every session!

2 weeks after buying the bar,one of the rings that fit between the bar and the sleeve popped out! Spoke to strength shop they told me to put some metal glue on it and hammer it back in! And that would sort the problem!

It didn't work and I now have to hammer it back in every deadlift session! How long until it snaps,I don't know. So I don't have tighten the hex screws anymore but I have to do a bit of hammering!

To be fair I haven't got back in touch with strengthshop, so I don't know for sure that they wouldn't replace/ fix it properly but I do feel that there was a fault with it from New and they should have taken it back and not asked me to repair it!

Also the rings are 10mm different from the centre point,which may seem like nit picking to some but a lot of my squats or lopsided slightly, a problem I've never sufferd before! Not saying that it is definitely down to the bar but it's in my head now and it bothers me.
» Rookie looking to compete. (Go to post)10-07-2015 @ 19:55 
the bdfpa are holding a comp in bangor in September! check out bdfpa wales website!
» 800 and 900 totals in britain (Go to post)06-07-2015 @ 17:09 
I'm sure screamer totalled over 800 at world's a few weeks back!

Has Aaron totalled 800? He can't be far away if he hasn't
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)14-06-2015 @ 15:11 
That's the one!
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)13-06-2015 @ 07:38 
Paul.I went to benidorm last weekend and in one of the bars they have a pull up bar which spins in your hands and tests your grip! I had a go and got half way through!
The guy who owns it told me only5 people had held on for the full 2 minutes.

This got me thinking if the savage was one of them? Or at least have you attempted it?

Random one I know!
» 272.5kg (600lbs) deadlift at 74kg (Go to post)04-06-2015 @ 10:59 
Lovely deadlift.well done!

You are here: HomeForummic_od → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions