REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 234 guests
You are here: HomeForumKel → View All Posts

View All Posts: Kel

» Tight & sore lower back (Go to post)29-03-2015 @ 23:12 
I cannot pin point a particular time that I felt my back 'go'. It felt like a progressive tightening and perhaps the gradual tightening of certain muscles has lead to this. I'll get on the stretching scene and see what happens. Thanks for all your help
» Tight & sore lower back (Go to post)29-03-2015 @ 20:51 
I do notice that at the bottom of my squat, my lower back and butt round/dip slightly further could this be a sign of tight hams/glutes?
» Tight & sore lower back (Go to post)29-03-2015 @ 20:39 
Has this eased your pain?
» Tight & sore lower back (Go to post)29-03-2015 @ 20:22 
GH raises and reverse hyper too?
» Tight & sore lower back (Go to post)29-03-2015 @ 20:10 
Probably should have mentioned that I went to physio on Friday. She was of the opinion that I had strained a ligament in my back and that due to this I was over compensating with other muscles to prevent any further pain and that now that its on the mend, the area is tight and lacks blood flow.

she gave me some stretches to do and said to work through the movements I usually perform but with lower weight, focusing on v strict form. but i still feel that I could be doing more to aid injury prevention in the future and not just dealing with the after affects
» Tight & sore lower back (Go to post)29-03-2015 @ 19:36 
Evening all

I've had a sore lower back for the last month or so, particularly on the left hand side just above my pelvis. The soreness came on after squatting, but not immediately; it got progressively worse throughout the day, till the point where getting in and out of chairs was painful and difficult. Its since eased up a fair bit but still gives me discomfort in the mornings particularly just after waking up but then eases off throughout the day.

In the last 6 months ive gone from squatting once a week to three times a week and im wondering whether this combined with a lack of stretching / auxiliary exercises has lead to the tightness im experiencing. After doing a bit of reading on here, core, glutes and hams seem to be the areas in need of work.

Anyone else experienced similar issues & what are your favourite ways of training these specific areas?
» Bar Oscillation (Go to post)01-06-2014 @ 09:28 
» Weightlifting shoes advice (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 20:01 
The do wins are sounding like a promising investment. Thanks for all the advice guys
» Weightlifting shoes advice (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 19:59 
Benvie said:
The do wins are very wide though so probably best avoided if you have very narrow feet.

I've got a fair bit of foot girth so that shouldn't be an issue
» Weightlifting shoes advice (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 19:56 
Do you have to compensate for sizes at all? For instance my rugby boots are more often then not a size up from my everyday trainers
» Weightlifting shoes advice (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 19:45 
http://bigbugsports.com/shop/weightlifting_shoes/

Any thoughts on the Do-Wins here? They seem cheap in comparison to the addies
» Weightlifting shoes advice (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 19:35 
I had a look at the addies, they seem pretty solid and my brother has a pair which he's happy with. Is it a case of get what you pay for? The addies thats ive seen are getting on for £100.
» Weightlifting shoes advice (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 18:55 
Post Edited: 04.04.2014 @ 18:56 PM by Kel
I'm looking to buy my first pair of weightlifting shoes....

Just wondered if there are any makes to avoid or ones that people recommend in particular?
» Training the atlas stone in a conventional gym (Go to post)18-01-2014 @ 18:32 
Skip to about 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkN5bdXpw0
» Tough mudder (Go to post)16-01-2014 @ 23:05 
Anyone doing South West?

You are here: HomeForumKel → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions