View All Posts: ursus

12345678910 ... ... 638639640641642643644645646647648

» GBPF banning (Go to post)01-07-2015 @ 18:39 
FAT_SAM said:
I found that
Drug free I did 260 160 265
On my bests are 300 245 317.5
Huge huge bench improvement.
Supposedly there are more androgen receptors in the muscles in the upper body.
I might also add, as someone who competes untested, if you use then grow a set of balls and compete untested! You're a faggot otherwise!

Such an honest and refreshing post as always from Sam , I applaud your honesty mate. One of the very few who actually admit the huge assistance given from gear.
» GBPF banning (Go to post)23-06-2015 @ 02:08 
GATES said:I can also think of another GBPF lifter that trained with us at the junction that also talked about gear and had some records in GBPF, he has changed sports now though.

GBPF is rife with it from the few lifters I have met and trained with

What disappointed me was that the GBPF where aware of, and ''monitering'' him , although nothing was ever done .
» Erm... Brian Shaw looks small!!! (Go to post)19-05-2015 @ 22:36 
For anyone who hasn't seen it or may be interested here is a little blog I did on my hero Glenn Ross a few years back for Mark Cleggs clothing brand Vikingr

http://vikingr-clothing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/strength-icons-...
» Erm... Brian Shaw looks small!!! (Go to post)19-05-2015 @ 17:35 
donnie said:
haha
shaw needs some bulking after this photo
dont know this guy but with this body structure i bet he cant be very strong statically

He is very,very strong in fact with a huge future in strongman and is still a very young man . Benches 220kg with those long arms too !!!
» 205kg paused bench pb & 185 incline bench pb (Go to post)19-05-2015 @ 17:28 
hes a strong little sausage ismt he ?? Good lifting and more to come .
P.S IM NOT A SASQUATCH !
» Eddie at it again 60-420kg deadlift (Go to post)14-05-2015 @ 20:06 
staggering , simply brilliant display of absolute power and determination
» GMA Clothing (Go to post)05-05-2015 @ 21:49 
McMuffin_Gains said:Got 3 tees off Leigh myself, top bloke. If he continues this level of service I'm sure it'll go far as a brand.

Like you said top quality tees, designs, printing and sizing is spot on and even goes up to 5xl - Ursus size!

Sure does brother !!! This guy is my sponser and will customise anything for you at a stupidly good price !Guys a legend and his clothing is second to none. Hes a genuine fella aswell and I believe we should all support small businesses

https://www.facebook.com/GymMonsterApparel?fref=ts
» Could Kaz be the strongest ever, if he competed now? (Go to post)04-05-2015 @ 01:16 
LaTuta said:
Never seen that picture before.Can you show it?
His technique on log was absolutely awful just like everyone's technique that day.
he just curled a 375lbs log to his chest and strict pressed it like a joke

http://www.beyondstrong.com/uncategorized/29-explanations-bill...
» Ursus road to the IPF Europe bench record (Go to post)30-04-2015 @ 14:53 
AdamT said:Do you still hold the British record Jay?

I have no doubt you can smah the European record.

yes mate its been mine for 3 years now, thanks Ii will do my best
» Ursus road to the IPF Europe bench record (Go to post)30-04-2015 @ 08:14 
Evis said:Strong benching. Will you be attending three lift euros next year then? I guess thats the international meet where you can make records.

whatever is necessary, although the aim will be to do it before then at the British bench
» Training for back tightness for benching (Go to post)28-04-2015 @ 15:13 
Bend that bar putting all the weight of the bar into the outside parts of the hand this will flare the back and teach you to keep tight ,from that position imitate a pulldown ,pulling the bar into the sternum rather than allowing gravity to do it . Practise ,practise ,practise , I even do it on the empty bar .
» Ursus road to the IPF Europe bench record (Go to post)28-04-2015 @ 15:05 
ChrisMcCarthy said:When you watch someone doing something they are extremely good at and have been doing for a long time there is often a sense of...precision, a sense of economy, a sense that no effort is being wasted.

This video is an excellent example of that.

thanks i enjoyed that description and it makes sense . Lifting maturity is a valuable thing and the ability to adapt to that helps you become a more rounded lifter . "Power is nothing without conrol"
» Ursus road to the IPF Europe bench record (Go to post)28-04-2015 @ 15:01 
LaTuta said:Grin Grin jay you will absolutely annihilate this record.That 230kg was so f..... easy.
Great to see some new Trainingvideos of you.
After the record will you get back to the monstrous strict pressing???

thanks mate , the honest answer is I wont write anything off but I only want to do something that I can be the best at and I am no longer the best in the country at that, a little fella called Eddie 'something' seems to have overtaken me Tongue I'll never catch him now and second best isnt good enough !! Maybe a stupid heavy dumbell in the region of 130kg and a front squat over 300 + would put me at the top of both of those disciplines so that interests me.
» Ursus road to the IPF Europe bench record (Go to post)28-04-2015 @ 11:31 
Thanks gents ,been working a lot on my set up and hoping it carries over to a bigger press

hifilover said:Brilliant pressing! Grin

Couldn't train with that music on though, jesus Wink

Hence the Hatebreed pouring into my ears thru the headphones otherwise my ears bleed !!!
» James Connolly - 220kg bench (Go to post)28-04-2015 @ 00:07 
NOT GONNA MENTION MY PET HATE !! So much power but lots to work on ,great potential keep up the good work mate but lose the bad habits Happy

12345678910 ... ... 638639640641642643644645646647648

You are here: HomeForumursus → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions