REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 198 guests
You are here: HomeForumRob_Bush → View All Posts

View All Posts: Rob_Bush

12345678910 ... 1112 ... 2021222324252627282930

» 2012 Wales' Strongest Man Under 105kgs (Go to post)13-03-2012 @ 08:36 
Competitor list has been updated gents.

We are looking for another 3 competitors to compete in the Novice category so first come first served.

Sponsor forms should be available for download from the Celtic Carnage site and I'd like to remind competitors that these don't have to be used but I would like each competitor to raise or bung £10 in the charity bucket if possible.

Weigh ins... Although I am of the school of thought that a 105 comp should contain men who were that weight the day of the comp - with growing pressure and the fact that day before weigh ins are commonplace Ross has kindly arranged to be at Tai Bach (Port Talbot) for a competitor weigh in between 10:00 and 11:00 on Saturday 24th - the day before the comp. We do need to speak to Andy Gozwell as he is the only competitor who is travelling from further afield. If anyone can put us in touch with him, we'd appreciate it.

Entry fees can be paid on the day BUT if you don't pay... you don't lift!!! Disclaimers will be available to sign also on the day of the comp and must be handed in at registration with £20 entry fee and any sponsorship money raised, (min £10).

We have looked at the stone weights and platform heights for the 105s and agree that we should drop the biggest stone down 20kg and pout in a lighter stone at the start as it's going up to 6' Stone weights will now be 80, 100, 115, 135 & 155kg respectively. This may be considered too light but the original plan of having 115 up to 175 was questioned as they were the same stones used at Celtic Carnage Open and they weren't completed by any competitor. Albeit this was down to harsh weather conditions and us all using tacky with no tack but with Welsh weather being so unpredictable, who's to say that it won't be freezing in two weeks time!!!

Good luck to all competitors
» daily star page 27 wayne russell (Go to post)06-03-2012 @ 14:04 
Don't think he has been misinterpreted as in the pic in the Mirror story Mr Russell appears to be wearing a WSM t-shirt!!! The poor man clearly suffers with delusions of grandeur!!! I'm sure lots of people own WSM replica t-shirts but seldom few have competed or are likely to!
» One-Motioned Log for Cardio (Go to post)05-03-2012 @ 13:40 
JC said:Nice. Although you're expending more energy than you need to by not really using the clean to aid you in the press

I have a minor pull in the side so was hesitant ripping the log from the floor so used a more relaxed approach to the clean. You're right though I think there are a good few more there if the clean was more supportive to the press.

Cheers
» One-Motioned Log for Cardio (Go to post)05-03-2012 @ 13:38 
Thank for the comments guys.

Much appreciated.
» One-Motioned Log for Cardio (Go to post)04-03-2012 @ 14:25 
Dropping weight and getting fitter is the plan at the moment. First event session since Celtic Carnage and a fair few kgs lighter.

Nothing too clever but PB for me getting 10 all in one reps with 110kg Log. Will be working to get 120 for the same over the next few months. Definitely improving my fitness although choking by the last few!!!

» 2012 Bodypower - the no BS thread (Go to post)23-02-2012 @ 14:05 
Hi,

Can you add Rob Bush to the heavies please.

Many thanks
» Weighing in for comps (Go to post)21-02-2012 @ 11:13 
For what it's worth, my opinion is that a weight category event should have lifters who have made weight on 'that' day competing in it. As a heavier competitor, I have put on a fair bit of weight from a Saturday morning to a Sunday lunchtime by drastically increasing calorie and liquid intake.

With regard to Open category lifting... if a 20st lifter is up against a 30st lifter the strongest, fittest, fastest, most efficient of the two will win - simple as that. Again, just my opinion, but a 99kg lifter head to head with a 104kg lifter doesn't suggest an unfair advantage at all to me. I would be more interested in height, reach, speed and fitness over a not massively significant 5kg bodyweight. I refer back to a 20st man against a 30st stone man here just to reinforce how 5kg is neither here or there.
» 2012 Wales' Strongest Man Under 105kgs (Go to post)16-02-2012 @ 08:10 
bigdave30 said:looks a good day, gutted no stone in novice!

We need to ensure that all novice events are head to head as it is too long a day for the 105s otherwise. We don't currently have two identical 100kg stones so we are substituting that event with a loading medley.
» Knee wraps = Equipped or Unequipped (Go to post)15-02-2012 @ 15:41 
From putting on strongman comps my interpretation has always been...

Suit = Equipped
No suit = Unequipped

This is just my view on strongman - I don't have enough knowledge to comment on powerlifting definitions...
» 2012 Wales' Strongest Man Under 105kgs (Go to post)15-02-2012 @ 12:56 
jones105 said:is there any news as to were the comp is to be held,and exact date?also events in novice,are they as they are on page 3 ov this tread or have they changed?

All new details and competitor lists will be in the first post of this thread gents.
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)15-02-2012 @ 08:52 
siovrhyl said:
The joys of living in Wales lol

Just as bad in South Wales Si... We still have coal powered internet down here and when there's a buildup of soot in the furnace, we're down for a week!
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)14-02-2012 @ 15:42 
Gibby is having internet problems at the moment in his area and has asked to post for him... The results will be up as soon as possible gents and he offers his apologies for the delay.

Cheers
» The Royal Counties Strongest Man 2012 Novice and Opens Comps (Go to post)06-02-2012 @ 11:24 
Hi Craig,

Can you add Rob Bush and Dan Evans on to the Open list pal.

Cheers
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)05-02-2012 @ 09:26 
Great comp yesterday albeit it was b*****d freezing. It was a long day of lifting and hard to get warmed up properly due to the cold. It was great to compete in a comp with such a strong lineup and congratulations to all the competitors as it was a tough day of lifting. I wish Rich Smith and Big Gray speedy recoveries and hope they'll be back to form as soon as possible and will look forward to competing against them both again this season.

I'm bitterly disappointed today to have not performed in the last two events as I knew I could and after sitting in 5th place going into the last 2 events I successfully managed to make a complete hash of both of them and really suffered points wise. I'll be very interested to see all the event placings and final points when they are uploaded on to this thread just to see how all the lads did.

Congratulations to Ed Hall on the win and to Si and Mike for 2nd and 3rd places. A hard day but great fun. Just need to train harder and ensure I don't f**k up the last two events quite so badly next time!!!
» 2012 Wales' Strongest Man Under 105kgs (Go to post)19-01-2012 @ 08:38 
A competitor list has now been established on page 1 of this thread and will be updated when possible.

12345678910 ... 1112 ... 2021222324252627282930

You are here: HomeForumRob_Bush → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions