REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 241 guests
You are here: HomeForumRossA → View All Posts

View All Posts: RossA

12345678910 ... ... 2021222324252627282930

» sciatica (Go to post)28-02-2016 @ 15:18 
Wes said:
Mine was caused by a tight piriformis, which was seemingly going into spasm and touching the nerve. Was extremely painful at one point, lost all use of my left calf.
Stretching the s**t out of it and a few visits to the physio to work on it seemed to sort it out.
Have no problem with sciatica itself at the minute.

good to hear it's all good at the minute! I just want to get back to training properly.
» sciatica (Go to post)28-01-2016 @ 01:43 
Experienced my first bit of sciatica these last few weeks. I was thinking mine is piraformis syndrome, but need to get it checked out now as I've had moments of Horrendous pain. Started to go away with stretching and massage but had it really bad today. I had alot of DOMS from attempting my first squat and deadlift workout yesterday and then had a long day teaching fitness classes. I reckon this has tightened up my hips which has made me have so many episodes today. I'm sure loads of people on here have had it at some point.
Anyone had it long term or have most sorted it within a few months? Anyone needed surgery?

Cheers.
» world record pull up (Go to post)04-12-2015 @ 09:25 
looking at the weighted PB chart, there would be a few close.
» world record pull up (Go to post)04-12-2015 @ 09:24 
dannyboy73 said:Fair play to the bloke, I generate a lot of power in the pull-up when I can be bothered but way out of that range.

Having said that, Tom Martin could train for this he once pulled 90k just 3k off. Although he now has much more added weight albeit sexy hench lean mass

my first thoughts were someone like Tom Martin or Shane Jerman would beat this easily.
» world record pull up (Go to post)04-12-2015 @ 07:58 
http://extremistpullup.com/wr/?wppa-occur=1&wppa-cover=0&a...

Apparently this guy has the official Guinness world record for heaviest pull up for: total weight, reps with 100lbs added, reps with 40lbs added.

Surely someone on here could break it and get in the record books for a laugh!
» 2015 World Weightlifting Champs - Houston.. (Go to post)28-11-2015 @ 18:14 
Is it just me or are they not showing the 105+ on eurosport?
» 890kg / 1962lb total at 99.35kg / 219lb - British all time record / any fed (Go to post)22-11-2015 @ 16:51 
Crazy strong! looks like you had more in the tank for next time. Enjoyed watching you progress and compete in the IPF all these years.

Very interested to see your extra progress in the untested feds with your genetics and training.

1000ish kg maybe? 360/220/420?

What do you reckon your split would be?
» Quad Imbalance (Go to post)15-11-2015 @ 12:37 
due to knee injuries i have massive imbalances all over, including quads.

my right vastus medialis never quite contracts properly and my left contracts too much and throws my other knee out.

cant do much to fix it, as is the same with shoulders, wrists, hips.

I blame rugby for ruining my body before i started powerlifting!
» WHO: Red&Processed Meat are Carcinogens (Go to post)15-11-2015 @ 12:33 
when it becomes cheaper we'll all be moving onto this:

https://www.exoprotein.com/

alot of bugs are 50-90% protein
» 350kg x 3 deadlift PB (Go to post)04-11-2015 @ 21:46 
insane strength.

one of the best overall lifters on the planet.

just out of interest, will you be returning to the IPF worlds next year?
» how many hours of sleep do you get? (Go to post)02-09-2015 @ 21:50 
i aim for 6-7 depending on how i feel. Often depending on shifts etc. i will get 4-8 most days.

i think working evenings is good as i always wake up naturally. Recommendations are to get to bed at the right time to this if you work early.
» funny things that non lifters say (Go to post)30-08-2015 @ 13:41 
pretty similar to all the other posts. The most annoying ones are:

"i don't want to get big"/"if i lift weights i'll get massive" - usually from women! Try. Try and "get big" you have no idea how much you have to eat and train!

"aren't you worried it will all turn to fat when you stop?" - 1. I never said anything about stopping 2. I would be pretty silly to eat what i eat then suddenly do no exercise. 3. Muscle does not "turn into" fat.

"You will damage your liver drinking protein shakes" - no. that's alcohol and junk food mate.

"creatine? isn't that cheating? that's a steroid" - This will take to long to educate you. I recommend google.

"i eat loads! I've been trying to put weight on but i have a fast metabolism" - My porridge every morning is around 1400kcal. Trust me, you have no idea what loads is.

"i don't deadlift, it's bad for your back" - your back is weak because you can curl more than you deadlift!

"all that strength makes you slow" "big and slow" - no. quite the opposite. google. education.

etc. etc.
» deadpress? floor press? not sure...... (Go to post)13-08-2015 @ 13:11 
oh and i'd probably go with raised floor press?
» deadpress? floor press? not sure...... (Go to post)13-08-2015 @ 13:10 
awesome! great improvisation!
» GBPF banning (Go to post)23-07-2015 @ 16:17 
Cuddles said:Great contribution from Robbo too. Very upfront and honest.

What he sees in the people he knows that use is the same as what I saw in the local gyms round here, ie lots of young, uninformed/misinformed people doing a lot of things they are probably going to regret in the future, with no real idea of what they are doing at all.

x2 This thread has been really interesting.

12345678910 ... ... 2021222324252627282930

You are here: HomeForumRossA → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions