Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAnd now for something completely different

And now for something completely different

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

slimsim
^ hahaa, I'm sure people can suss out that I'm fuming inside but just too nice a guy to rip their faces's off........that is until the day I finally SNAP!!!

There are that many incidents of people pissing me off in the gym that I have to use psychology techniques to repress the memories otherwise I'd go on a Michael douglas style rampage ala Falling Down!

Fat you may be, a knacker you may be, but you're not weak so they aren't wasted on you at all. Well, apart from whilst you insist on only benching
Jabba
Alex and me cleared out the garage today....Sqat stands back to their rightful place and I'll be doing a lot of low weight, high volume fronties to get back into it. I'm hoping that lots of fronties will stop my habit of going forward in the backsquat too.

Did you ever try the 2k row ? 7:24 at 10 resistance is no mean feat for a fat knacker but I'd back you to go sub 7 mins very quickly with your work ethic.
slimsim
Post Edited: 25.11.2011 @ 00:30 AM by slimsim
Did you ever try the 2k row ? 7:24 at 10 resistance is no mean feat for a fat knacker but I'd back you to go sub 7 mins very quickly with your work ethic.

I've not been on a concept 2 rower for about 5-years!! The last time I did any amount of cardio I managed a 6:46 2k.....it nearly killed me, but not bad for someone who's 5'6", methinks. I think anything under 8mins would be a bonus for me at the mo
Jabba
6:46 ????????

I've said it before and I've no doubt I'll say it again DWARF bas***d!

That's a tremendous time mate. What sort of rowing routine were you doing at the time ? So now you've thrashed me at squatting AND rowing I'm just glad I don't do Oly lifting.
slimsim
rowing routine, pah! I was doing plenty of cardio and would just jump on the rower from time to time. Certainly nothing structures.

And you need to get a grip, I've never out squatted you. I failed 220 the other day, miserably!!
MrSmall
where do you train mate?
slimsim
I normally train at Bradford Uni but it's only just re-opened after being closed for 2-months due to traces of legionnaire's disease in the water!!!

Don't know what I'm going to do with the strongman though as they aren't really equipped for anything strongman related. Lee Gates said I could go over to Junction Gym and have an events session with them on a saturday so might do that in the next couple of weeks.

What about you Smalls, are you up north? If you are anywhere near Leeds/Bradford you do could do a lot worse than popping down to the uni. I reckon we could get you to nail that 80kg snatch within 1 session! Happy
slimsim
Awesome session tonight - big deadlift PB and everything else felt pretty good as well. Happy days

power clean & jerk
60 5r x2s
70 x3
80 x3
90 3x3
100 2x2
jerks felt really good. Think was concentrating properly on keeping the weight through my heels and my chest up. From the set I filmed there is still definitely room for improvement

strict military press
50 x6
70 x4
80 4x4
my right shoulder blade "wings" out due to having a weak serratus anterior. i've tried loads of activation exercises and whilst it's getting better these felt a bit all over the place. Probably this causes the main probs with my jerks as well

Deadlift

100 x5
140 x3
180 x3
205 x1 - put belt on here
222.5 x1 - +2.5kg PB
235 x1 - 15kg PB

Really chuffed with this. Use to do sets with 220 when I was bodybuilding but I was about 105kg at the time and was leaner than I am not and was competing in a errrm, "non-tested" BB association

close grip chins
BW 3s 8r
slimsim
little vid of my PB DOH FTW....WTF too many abbreviations!!!

http://youtu.be/-813E38SYwU
Jabba
Right thumb hurt did it ?

15kgs improvement is fantastic. Loads of speed once you broke the floor too. Great work mate.
slimsim
cheer John,

and yeah, it did hurt, but not as much as doing the 5x5 with 185kg....bloody hook grip!

I'm well chuffed with it, especially since I've only been incorporating they into my workouts for the last 3-4 weeks (the 100's of cleans, snatches and squats don't count) Grin

Maybe 250kg by the middle of next year????
Jabba
End of March at the latest. Youre like a dog with a bone when you start on something.
MrSmall
slimsim said:I normally train at Bradford Uni but it's only just re-opened after being closed for 2-months due to traces of legionnaire's disease in the water!!!

Don't know what I'm going to do with the strongman though as they aren't really equipped for anything strongman related. Lee Gates said I could go over to Junction Gym and have an events session with them on a saturday so might do that in the next couple of weeks.

What about you Smalls, are you up north? If you are anywhere near Leeds/Bradford you do could do a lot worse than popping down to the uni. I reckon we could get you to nail that 80kg snatch within 1 session! Happy

Hey thanks a lot mate!
I'm in Manchester, I have some knowledgeable people around me, just need a little more time mate! Thanks for the offer.
Any WL competition plans soon? Or moving onto SM?
slimsim
MrSmall said:
Hey thanks a lot mate!
I'm in Manchester, I have some knowledgeable people around me, just need a little more time mate! Thanks for the offer.
Any WL competition plans soon? Or moving onto SM?

Yep, you've got loads of decent clubs and VERY good weighlifters right on your doorstep.

Still hoping to move into strongman but would like to do more weightlifting comps as well if I can sort my bloody jerk out. I'd quite like to also do a powerlifting comp at some point then I can say I've been a competitive bodybuilder, weightlifter, strongman and powerlifter........even if I've been s**t at them all! Grin

I don't think there'll be too many people who can say they've done them all, especially cos of the weighlifting, bodybuilding combo

So is that OSG you're at in the vids of you snatching? I'd love to be able to train at a hardcore gym on a regular basis
slimsim
Post Edited: 29.11.2011 @ 16:20 PM by slimsim
double post....just to get the numbers up!! Roll-Eyes

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAnd now for something completely different
Return to top View Desktop Site