Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsLondon's Strongest Man 2011

London's Strongest Man 2011

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JayMcLaughlin
Post Edited: 11.08.2011 @ 02:55 AM by JayMcLaughlin
Chatting to my training partner Ben Williams and he's looking forward to competing in the intermediates on Sunday.

He's asked me to put out a head count for who else is competing in the intermediates

So who's competing ?????

Here's the original list:-

1] Samuel Duffy
2] Jon Bleach
3] Fred Hick
4] Ben Williams Entry form on its way via Wayne Steel
5] Matt Spence Entry form on its way
6] Jay Booth
7] Freddie Hick
8] John Strange Entry Form on its way
Good luck to everyone competing at the weekend Happy
Spoken to Lawrence this morning, the list of athletes at the start of this post is pretty much accurate, think Ash, Martin Jones, Ranathari, and Scott Matthews are out, as indicated by posts on here. So unless anyone else is unable to compete, that should be the field of athletes.

Lawrence is still having difficulty in getting on here so he tells me, I don't know what the problem is, if any of the moderators have any ideas, please contact him, that will save me being the messenger!!

Looks like being a great comp, see you there.
i aint in this
hilliker
Has Freddie hicks cloned himself
im not in intermidiates now, decide to stop being fat and stick to 105kgs
londonboy
Post Edited: 11.08.2011 @ 22:47 PM by londonboy
Hi Gents thanks to the guys at sudden for sorting out my log on details problem.
So I am able to access the site again looks like this is going to be a good comp see you all there.

Loz
londonboy
Hi Gents,
Firstly thanks to all the Strongmen who competed today. You did yourselves proud.

Freddie Hicks took a well earned first place in the U105kg it was a real shame to see
Wayne Steel have to drop out at the start of the super yoke. It will be good to see the
Strongmen go head to head when Wayne is back in comp form I would like to see
how he and Freddie do then. Simon Middleton put up a great fight and I expect we
will see much more of him in the future.

The novice class is always such a pleasure the top three were very close from the first
event Regan Phillips looked very impressive.

I will post up full details tomorrow if my good friend Les Wiltshire doesn't beat me to it.

So who is with us tomorrow everyone said great venue well run and organised fantastic
Equipment the Fingles Fingers are awesome.

So where are all the so called Strongmen I have seen Phil Phister, Mariusz Pudzianowski,
our own
Terry Holland and Mark Felix do a comp a week for 5 weeks in a row so where are all the
real strongmen???

Hopefully some more of you will be at London's for the Intermediate & Open Class Comps
tomorrow the men today showed the true spirit of being a strongman I take my hat to you all.

Thanks for you support and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

As I said I will post up full results etc tomorrow I am recharging my body ready for moving
all that gear around again Sunday.

Cheers again to all who came to compete and to watch.

Loz [London Boy.]
A lot of people dint do this comp because of the bad admin nobody new what was going on. So all the real strongmen dint want to put there names down.
GATES said:A lot of people dint do this comp because of the bad admin nobody new what was going on. So all the real strongmen dint want to put there names down.

X2
glad it ran smooth but poor comunication put me off tbh
willegan
whos in the line up for the opens?
londonboy
Post Edited: 13.08.2011 @ 22:57 PM by londonboy
My number has been on the comp info from day one. No excuses please communication is a two way thing anyone who called me got the info they asked for, ask guys who competed today!!!!!

A bit more realisation into how much it takes to put on a comp of this level. This s why strongman is still a minority sport if we the athletes don't make the effort to support the good people who give their time and effort for free why on earth should sponsors and promotors waste time and money trying to support us.

I have already several call and texts of thanks and great praise from athletes and spectators alike about today.
I will look forward to seeing them all next year.

I accept that my communication could have been better but look at the facts, problems accessing this forum were so bad at one point I had other people putting posts on for me. What would you do if this site crashed we had mobile phones and email long before sites forums so please remember I only want to promote the sport and help it not waste time squabbling on the web.

I will take note of your comments and act upon them in future but I don't remeber seeing your name on the list at any time??? Anyone who still want's to show a bit of grit is very welcome to just turn and join the guys tomorrow.

All the best Loz
Want to say a big thanks to Lawrence for running and organizing the comp and all the lads that helped out. Once there the kit was top spec and the venue second to none! Shame the promotion was a little off, but I have never organized a comp so couldnt comment on how hard that might be. To the guys that didn't turn up, you missed out really all because you didn't know how to use your mobile phone and as we all know strongmen like to be princesses and always have a good moan.
the venue and equipment was spot on, a big thankyou to everyone who watched helped and competed they were a great bunch of lads.shame more didnt turn up.
they missed a great day thanks loz.
Great First Day at the comp, The kit was great and a very nice venue. Loz made everyone welcome, which is always nice for the novices. Well done to New Spartan Gyms Tomasz Krzyk for 3rd Place in the novices.......Wish i could have made it up for sundays Comp would like to see how many managed to flip the Fingals Fingers

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.245225095511081.67464...

anyone wanting to see the pics i took of the event some are here we took over 500 photos so these are some i put up today

Nice one Loz will keep in touch!!

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsLondon's Strongest Man 2011
Return to top View Desktop Site