Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSquats From Last Night

Squats From Last Night

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Hello All,

Just got a new (to me anyway) camera and had a play last night.

Sorry if this is s**te - I've never done any video stuff before.

Macca
MarkPace
Good strong lifting that mate, well done!
Strong squats mate.
Jabba
Nothing s**te about those mate. Damn strong squatting.
Jabba said:Nothing s**te about those mate. Damn strong squatting.

Where were you an the Young Pilling on Sunday?
crazy strong, top video made even better by the inclusion of enter sandman Grin
Cheers Lads,

1st week of a 12 week cycle and I'm not fully in the grove yet - My inner thighs are still tight from a couple of weeks ago (big 255kg squat and 260kg fail) which limited my depth a little.

On the plus side i've barely had any sleep for the last few nights (aren't kids great Wink ) and I still got through the session ok - the 235's were slower than I'd like but I'm sure the 240's will be better next week.

Macca
richardduce
Very strong squatting. Is that the Magnusson/Ortmayer routine you are doing? Looks very similar to that.
Wes
Excellent stuff !

Sleepless nights with kids followed by heavy sessions have me beat before I even start so hats off !
richardduce said:Very strong squatting. Is that the Magnusson/Ortmayer routine you are doing? Looks very similar to that.

That's the fella - I've just dropped from 4 initial sets to 3 as I'm also doing other assistance work.

Been using it for deadlifts as well with good results, just a mother to get through!

Macca
richardduce
BigMacca said:
That's the fella - I've just dropped from 4 initial sets to 3 as I'm also doing other assistance work.
Been using it for deadlifts as well with good results, just a mother to get through!
Macca

Iam going to give it a go with squats and deads starting saturday. I have been doing 3x3 and cluster singles training lately so i can see this routine giving me major soreness next week. What do you do after week 3? I was thinking about having a steady week then adding 2.5 - 5 kgs to the maxes and starting again. What about you?
richardduce said:
Iam going to give it a go with squats and deads starting Saturday. I have been doing 3x3 and cluster singles training lately so i can see this routine giving me major soreness next week. What do you do after week 3? I was thinking about having a steady week then adding 2.5 - 5 kgs to the maxes and starting again. What about you?

Hello Mate,

It's actually a 12 week routine - what people post on the Internet is normally just the first 3 weeks.

Basically week 4 will be a rest week (nothing heavy, just a bit of speed and technique) and week 5 will be a repeat of week 3 building up to another rest week on week 7 etc.

I knocked a spreadsheet together to work everything out for a given target weight.

On the last couple of weeks where the heavy doubles end up being singles, I stop adding weight to the lighter sets to keep myself a little fresher for the big lifts.

e.g. week 9 would look like

4 Sets of 197.5kg x 4
1 Set of 222.5kg x 2
1 Set of 250 x 2
1 Set of 197.5 x 8

and week 10 would look like

4 Sets of 197.5kg x 4
1 Set of 222.5kg x 2
1 Set of 255 x 2
1 Set of 197.5 x 8

Both my training buddy and I have been using this now for a couple of cycles and have both had good results.

Good luck.

Macca
richardduce
Post Edited: 14.04.2010 @ 16:30 PM by richardduce
BigMacca said:
Hello Mate,
It's actually a 12 week routine - what people post on the Internet is normally just the first 3 weeks.
Basically week 4 will be a rest week (nothing heavy, just a bit of speed and technique) and week 5 will be a repeat of week 3 building up to another rest week on week 7 etc.
I knocked a spreadsheet together to work everything out for a given target weight.
On the last couple of weeks where the heavy doubles end up being singles, I stop adding weight to the lighter sets to keep myself a little fresher for the big lifts.
e.g. week 9 would look like
4 Sets of 197.5kg x 4
1 Set of 222.5kg x 2
1 Set of 250 x 2
1 Set of 197.5 x 8
and week 10 would look like
4 Sets of 197.5kg x 4
1 Set of 222.5kg x 2
1 Set of 255 x 2
1 Set of 197.5 x 8
Both my training buddy and I have been using this now for a couple of cycles and have both had good results.
Good luck.
Macca

Thanks for that macca.
Jabba
MattGriff said:
Where were you an the Young Pilling on Sunday?

The Young Pilling is recovering from a biceps tear. I was on a gay pride march Tongue
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSquats From Last Night
Return to top View Desktop Site