View All Posts: Wes

12345678910 ... ... 8182838485868788899091

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)21-08-2016 @ 11:00 
Post Edited: 21.08.2016 @ 11:01 AM by Wes
AdamT said:
Ed had a serious injury.

Someone should have said.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)21-08-2016 @ 09:38 
Anyone remember the name of that other fella competing in't final?
Forget his name, Laurence something or other...
He too was injured, shame as he recently won ESM if the whispers are correct.
A genuine nice fella who's had s**t luck over recent years and was going into this in good nick.
No? .... Let's talk about Ed and Z some more then....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)19-08-2016 @ 21:37 
Well...that made riveting reading.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)11-07-2016 @ 09:48 
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but was anyone else not disappointed to see droves of folk leave once the 'Eddie Hall show' was complete ?
I was sat towards the back and had a decent view of the numerous pockets of red seats appear.
Shame not more were present to see Loz achieve what he did.
» Scary Spotting at IPF (Go to post)28-06-2016 @ 17:07 
Thing is, you have congratulate anyone willing to stick their hands up, especially on a big stage like this, and spot for fellow lifters.
However you also have a resonsibility to be honest with yoyrself, a couple of these lads simply weren't switched on enough. It's not just a case of younger, smaller guys out of their depth, they simply weren't switched on to the situation.
The fed takes ultimate responsibilty though for me.
Accidents happen sure, we all accept that, but some of them scenes should not have happened.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)22-06-2016 @ 16:46 
LegendHowes said:Think people are over estimating how much will be lifted only hall and shaw will do 465 and hall will do 500. No 1 else will do over 460. Just like the log lift challenge when people thought it would go over 230 and ended up at 211

You don't think Benni or Pritchett are capable of pulling over 460 ? Or Terry for that matter ?
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)22-06-2016 @ 16:44 
MJG said:
Competitions need to be more proffesional by not pandering to athletes like this. Decide on the events and then just tell the athletes whats happening. If they don't want to compete then they don't compete.

I tend to agree with this, not sure how much has been demaded by the athletes, but this is clearly tailored to stroke 1 man's ego.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)22-06-2016 @ 14:53 
So unless someone pulls 500 (which they won't) and brings the roof off that arena, this event really does have the potential to be dogs**te.
Which is a crazy thing to say given that 2 or 3 could tie for a new wr.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)20-06-2016 @ 21:15 
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)20-06-2016 @ 21:15 
Post Edited: 20.06.2016 @ 21:16 PM by Wes
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)20-06-2016 @ 21:08 
billynomates said:What do you folks make of the video Shaw posted? 430+ kg with 50 kilo of bands.

I'm always sceptical when bands are included. Always sounds better on paper. They serve a great purpose in a training sense, but can be a little mis-leading also.

Still, impressive as f**k, and I fancy him to win the event should he want it.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)20-06-2016 @ 21:05 
peanuts said:Eddie seams a little quiet as of late regarding deadlift videos....maybe he has something special for us all,hope so

Might also have realised he's run out of time and 500kg ain't going nowhere !! Haha
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)19-06-2016 @ 23:23 
Does anyone else feel like the Deadlift is taking the edge off the actual ESM itself ?
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)26-05-2016 @ 20:35 
Not particularly interested in what Hall does, I find him irritating. Always nice to see a big number go up, just rather see someone like Benni do it, he is looking in fine form at the minute.
Terry seems positive and is making the right noises, I'd like to see him do something impressive.
Also Loz, man that guy deserves a break. Never seen him pull so well a couple of years back at Headingley when he tore his lat, he has a bigger number in his locker without a doubt, hope he gets to show it.

There seems to be several big pullers coming into some good form at the minute, some weeks off yet mind but it does have the makings of a real interesting battle.

I'm tipping Shaw (if he lifts) to win with around 470-475.

I'm also thinking 500kg will not get pulled for a good couple of years yet, if at all... !!!
» Hook grip worth the pain? (Go to post)15-05-2016 @ 11:02 
A few months ago I began switching over to hook grip, after I went to a physio due to elbow pain.
Pulled with an alternate grip for years.
He couldn't understand why I had an extremely tight bicep on my right arm, ok on left, and mirrored with my triceps. I could see my arms were confusing the life out of him until I realised myself it was due to Deadlifting with an alt grip.
He suggested swapping aternate grip around otherwise he did say my symptoms would worsen.
I sacked off hook grip due to 2 comps approaching, need to get back on it.

12345678910 ... ... 8182838485868788899091

You are here: HomeForumWes → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions