Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTriathlon advice

Triathlon advice

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

There's a really cool video that was made of his effort.

I am hopefully attempting to do it in 72 hours next summer for charity. I'm scared s**tless.
had a look at the double brutal as whilst chatting to my pal at work, he said he would act as my support crew

4 hour swim cut off in pretty cold water is ......brutal !!!

I'm presuming Geneva to nice has some 'fun' climbs ?
About 17,000m of climbing. Or nearly Everest twice....

Takes in the Madeleine, Croix de Fer, Glandon, Madone, Colombiere, Galibier, Telegraphe, Bonette and Izoard to name a few. I think it's 17 in total.

Join me! Grin
Steve
little_a said:
Serious question, but did they sleep during this? For me staying awake for 40+ hours would be prohibitive for anything other than surviving a zombie apocalypse.

I don't think people plan to sleep. It's actually 8 bike laps of 45km so I think "many" people take a short break each lap and because your basically on your own riding through the night in Snowdonia you're required to have support with you so I have seen people having short naps in the Car.

You are also required to have a support team on the trip up to the top of Snowdon and most people then have someone to keep the company on parts of the rest of the run so it's not only a case of staying up for around 40hrs, but finding a crew to do it as well.
Did you do a swim event in lake padarn at llanberis steve ?

I have don't the slateman and the man v mountain , its a lovley setting and the lake is nice, The more I look at the brutal events the more I'm liking them
Cuddles, Steve. BOAR, do you ever miss the thrill of lifting weights as heavy as possible in favour of these escapades? lol.

All those things sound most excellent. Kudos to you all.
Steve
Yes, but only really the Olympic lifts. I don't miss feeling beaten up all the time and I feel much comfier at a much lighter weight.
Steve
Boar said:Did you do a swim event in lake padarn at llanberis steve ?

I have don't the slateman and the man v mountain , its a lovley setting and the lake is nice, The more I look at the brutal events the more I'm liking them

I did a 10k swim organisation by the same people who run the Brutal Tri. A lovely place and fun, but tough swim. It took me 3hrs - I was surprised how warm it was given what the friends I know hold told me it was like for the Slateman. We had a protest during the event by the local remote control boat club who tried to attack the swimmers with their toy boatsHappy
I enjoy triathlons way too much to miss powerlifting , I do miss the hunkyness from my strongman days , but not that much.

I'm deffo going to do a brutal event , I really enjoyed the man v mountain (up Snowdon) so an event with that and the swim/bike looks super !

although I don't think the double is on the cards
I think we probably all share the same need to push ourselves hard at something. I guess there are just a lot of different somethings.

I do miss lifting sometimes. But then I ride my bike.
Cuddles said:"I do miss lifting sometimes. But then I ride my bike."

T-Shirt/ tattoo for the win? Wink

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTriathlon advice
Return to top View Desktop Site