Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitThe Cycling Thread

The Cycling Thread

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

goes to show what absolute monsters they are , but also there is plenty of room for us to improve 'even at our age'
Steve said:Really enjoyed Sufferfest Blender tonight, although a bit disappointing my power targets for 20 second intervals (which were tough) were 50 watts lower than Cancellara's normalised power for 70 minutes!

Happy You don't win two Olympic time trials and multiple Paris-Roubaix and Flanders without putting out some serious watts. TV makes these guys look human but the truth is they'd drop most cat 1 racers in minutes, and cat 1 racers are f**kikg quick.

Nice work on the test Boar. I'd bet that's up to 250-60 in fairly short order. What's the BW at the minute?
even though my vertual FTP wasn't too far off, I am looking forward to improving my actual FTP now I have the kickr to work with

I suffered physically due to the injury that stopped me running , but it wasn't too bad , so now I am a 'dad bod' type at around 78kg , looking at getting to 75

and I am still kinda wishing I had the time/inclination to do more strength training but since the boxing finished, I just havnt been able to keep it consistent.
Steve
These seem like very good value for left&bright power. I wonder how good they are.

http://www.bikefast.co.uk/bepro-pedal-power-meter
I saw them whilst perusing various power meters , has THE DC MASTER reviewed them yet ?

did 'a very dark place' this morning , I am officially enjoying erg mode on the kickr
Steve
He gave it a pretty good review.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/09/favero-depth-review.html

Given P1 are nearly twice the price, Gamin one & half times as much and a single leg stages about the same this seems almost too good to be true.
Steve
Boar said:I saw them whilst perusing various power meters , has THE DC MASTER reviewed them yet ?

did 'a very dark place' this morning , I am officially enjoying erg mode on the kickr

If you're enjoying it you're doing something wrong!
Steve said:
If you're enjoying it you're doing something wrong!

This.

A very dark place smashes me to pieces.

Glad you're enjoying erg mode. For me it was a game changer.
I enjoyed the suffering , but was beginning to dread each segment .... my FTP has been higher in the past so I'm kinda glad this wasn't full on, as it was pretty hard with a FTP of 230
Steve
Boar said:I enjoyed the suffering , but was beginning to dread each segment .... my FTP has been higher in the past so I'm kinda glad this wasn't full on, as it was pretty hard with a FTP of 230

I suspect as you settle in you'll see some pretty quick FTP rises.

How's the diaphram coping with this? Are you able to run properly again yet!
Steve
Just listened to latest IM Talk.
Steve said:Just listened to latest IM Talk.

I didn't email them expecting to read it out !! it was more of a tip for when they do the sponsor message ! anyhoo , that's twice I have been 'on the show'

did 2 x 10k runs last week , all good ... diaphragm appears to be fine , had another go on my turbo today (1 hour, coz its new and I was excited , will have a nice run tomorrow.

looking forward to watching the marathon and segan in the mountain bike racing.
Just ended a good training week with ISLAGIATT at full gas. I think that's the first time at this ftp.

In the last 7 days I've racked up a TSS of 722 plus an 80km ride on the road. My endurance is probably back close to my best. A few days off and then time to concentrate on some shorter duration power.
that's a heck of a 2 hour session OJ

your right about the erg mode - not having to look at the screen can help sometimes
Great Dun Fell weather forecast 28/08/2016 -
0700 - 1100 Sunny 8-9C
1100 - 1700 Cloudy 10C

Are we having cut off weather or just going for it whatever brimstone and fire hell throws at us?

I say go for itWink

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitThe Cycling Thread
Return to top View Desktop Site