Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosAndy Bolton 4 x 370 mark Steele 310kg dead

Andy Bolton 4 x 370 mark Steele 310kg dead

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AdamT said:Amazing. He will surely lift at least 450 again with straps at European strongman

Impressive but how much do u think straps add ?
Savolainen87 said:
Impressive but how much do u think straps add ?

It depends on ones grip...
walker said:
It depends on ones grip...

andy has no problem with grip , so asuming that straps will make no big differnce ?
Savolainen87 said:
andy has no problem with grip , so asuming that straps will make no big differnce ?

Andy has problems with his grip so should help him a lot!
bryce said:
Andy has problems with his grip so should help him a lot!

And how is that as he has done 457.5 no straps ?
Savolainen87 said:
And how is that as he has done 457.5 no straps ?

tz1127 said:

how much is his raw record (432 I think ) , and how much this suit adds ? and are these suits used in strongman ?
Mark
A man stands with over 450 in his hands and his grip fails and someone says that is "having an issue with grip"?!
madness
minibig1
Mark said:A man stands with over 450 in his hands and his grip fails and someone says that is "having an issue with grip"?!
madness

If his grip is the limiting factor then yes that is an issue for him, how could it not be
minibig1 said:
If his grip is the limiting factor then yes that is an issue for him, how could it not be

Thats exactly what I meant, relative to his deadlift his grip is the limiting factor. Andy has said its his weakness
John
By his own admission he says grip can be a limiting factor on anyones deadlift i read an artical in which he tells us about exercises for grip that have the best carry over to deads..im thinking no matter how good you get there is always somthing to Improve on.
John said:By his own admission he says grip can be a limiting factor on anyones deadlift i read an artical in which he tells us about exercises for grip that have the best carry over to deads..im thinking no matter how good you get there is always somthing to Improve on.

Yeah thats the thing, his grip isnt weak compared to other people but relative to his legs/back it is or at least it was.
Post Edited: 24.04.2014 @ 17:27 PM by terryhollands
Savolainen87 said:
how much is his raw record (432 I think ) , and how much this suit adds ? and are these suits used in strongman ?

Deadlift suits will add 20kg if you're lucky and really know how to use it. Yes I have seen the exact same suit used in strongman comps (by your favourite actually).

Those 370's were nuts, so easy
rian1987
Thought the standard amount most guys got out of suits was around 20-30? They are horrible to wear so why would anyone use one unless they were getting a decent amount from it.. Awesome lifting from Bolton.. I still think shaw n Benni are ahead at the moment though..
rian1987 said:Thought the standard amount most guys got out of suits was around 20-30? They are horrible to wear so why would anyone use one unless they were getting a decent amount from it.. Awesome lifting from Bolton.. I still think shaw n Benni are ahead at the moment though..

based on what

your f**king deluded

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosAndy Bolton 4 x 370 mark Steele 310kg dead
Return to top View Desktop Site