Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsOnward to BSM 2013! (cough...natural BSM...cough)

Onward to BSM 2013! (cough...natural BSM...cough)

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Besides the high belt, what else did you change to improve your squat?
Simeon said:Besides the high belt, what else did you change to improve your squat?

Went low bar but with a medium narrow stance

I think most of my squatting problems come from my upper back collapsing, and this set up minimises the problem, then adding the high belt completely locks the upper back in
Fair enough. I've started experimenting with a high belt position for deads. Probably will try it with squats too
Bench
132.5kg for 11
152.5kg for 2 tng
170kg for 1tng, touched way low and a bit hard but with no hand out so pretty happy with it

Push press
100kg for 5, 5

Chins
5, 5
mrstruan
Bench is looking solid martin
Make sure your doing enough external rotation stuff
Good Benching, you still planning to do natural bsm or have you given up on that idea?
Benvie said:Good Benching, you still planning to do natural bsm or have you given up on that idea?

After all the recent chat that comp really does seem to be a farce

I might do something

If the car flip is at the qual and not just the final I might be tempted
I have to agree that it appears the natural comps are just a bit of a joke.

Hopefully see you at the ssm qualifier then, the yoke should suit you quite well too.
IrishMarc
martinb said:Bench

170kg for 1tng, touched way low and a bit hard but with no hand out so pretty happy with it

inb4 death
IrishMarc said:
martinb said:Bench

inb4 death

In the power rack, set perfectly so if I drop my arch I'm under the pins
Mucked about power cleaning for a while, then happened upon the hang power clean, felt nice so ran with it
Up to
110kg for 2, 2, 2
Then changed to first rep power clean, second rep hang for
110kg for 2, 2, 2
These felt great

Lots of hammer curls, some shoulder stuff and roll outs
You won't simulate the peak with only hammer curls
nice work Martin, what do you thinsk up with eth squats on your wrist, elbow and shoulder pain?
Thing said:nice work Martin, what do you thinsk up with eth squats on your wrist, elbow and shoulder pain?

Just new lower bar position. It should get better with practice and extra mobility

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsOnward to BSM 2013! (cough...natural BSM...cough)
Return to top View Desktop Site