Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitShould the deadlift start position be painfully uncomfortable?

Should the deadlift start position be painfully uncomfortable?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

mic_od
Im trying to re-learn the deadlift, with correct technique this time(hopefully).
im using lighter weights but im finding that when I set-up, everything is tight and uncomfortable, and almost impossible to get my shoulders over the bar.

Am I just being a puss or does something need sorting out?

thanks
shanejer
Something's snapped up there.

Flexibility of a brick ?
Uncomfortable perhaps but if it's painful I would say you're doing it wrong.
shanejer
Uncomfortable ?

Start of a deadlift is a beautiful thing. Should be your favorite place to be.
mic_od
shanejer said:Uncomfortable ?

Start of a deadlift is a beautiful thing. Should be your favorite place to be.

yes, very uncomfortable.
it just don't feel like a position to be in to stand up if you know what I mean. cant get shoulders over the bar or weight onto my heels!

flexibility was what I was thinking, but what, hips ?
No
PaulSavage
Depends on your build, for some deadlifting if always going to feel pretty uncomfortable. For me a lot of hamstring stretching helps.
If you set up "properly" then yeah it might be uncomfortable.

Are you pulling with a straight/arched back?
streak
Get a video up and the guys'll tell you what's what.
mic_od
PaulSavage said:Depends on your build, for some deadlifting if always going to feel pretty uncomfortable. For me a lot of hamstring stretching helps.
thanks il give that a whirl
mic_od
Fazc said:If you set up "properly" then yeah it might be uncomfortable.

Are you pulling with a straight/arched back?
im pulling with a straight back, I definitely cant maintain an arched back when I drop my hips
mic_od
streak said:Get a video up and the guys'll tell you what's what.

il see if ive got one
mic_od said:im pulling with a straight back, I definitely cant maintain an arched back when I drop my hips

Well that's one problem. Let the upper back round comfortably. You don't need to be so tight at the bottom.
mic_od
heres a vid! not the best really but you should be able to see my setup
Yeah, far too tight in the upper back. Midsection, lats, legs they should all be tensed and tight. Upper back should round, shoulders should hang. Head should generally be neutral or down.

Just my 2 cents, i'm not a great puller.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitShould the deadlift start position be painfully uncomfortable?
Return to top View Desktop Site