REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 169 guests

Rio Ferdinand Boxing?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

PaulSavageIcon...23-09-2017 @ 19:44 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 23.09.2017 @ 19:47 PM by PaulSavage
Mikeneto said:Didn't you say as a teenage rugby player and thrower she squatted 220kg and deadlifted 220kg..
Guessing not at 170kg+ BW.

Just seems you are a feeder.

Squatted 230kg and deadlifted 220kg. This was before a rugby accident that made it so she couldn't walk for months, torn muscles, ligament and nerve damage, didn't lift for 18 months. Not at 170kg no, she was around 200kg then cut right down to 105kg, those PB's she would have been around 115-120kg.

I'm a coach not a feeder dumbass, she's only about 5kg heavier now than when I met her, just a lot more muscle and a lot less fat. Becca does not eat very much for the size she is.
danbaseleyIcon...23-09-2017 @ 20:06 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4479 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Becca does not eat very much for the size she is.

Not this again.......
MikenetoIcon...23-09-2017 @ 20:25 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
So when she went down to 105kg...what did she eat?.... -1000 calories a day.
matthewvcIcon...23-09-2017 @ 21:12 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3230 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
Lol how can anyone maintain 170kg eating very little. If she was seriously ill with hypothyroidism and bed ridden all day I could possibly believe (at the edge of credulity), but this is an active and extremely strong woman training hard daily. Is she some kind of physics anomaly creating energy from nothing and violating the 1st law of thermodynamics?
PaulSavageIcon...23-09-2017 @ 21:29 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
matthewvc said:Lol how can anyone maintain 170kg eating very little. If she was seriously ill with hypothyroidism and bed ridden all day I could possibly believe (at the edge of credulity), but this is an active and extremely strong woman training hard daily. Is she some kind of physics anomaly creating energy from nothing and violating the 1st law of thermodynamics?

We are not all created equally or the same, a human does not = a human. How can a polar bear, that's 200kg+ and pregnant, survive for as long as a year without eating a single thing?
danbaseleyIcon...23-09-2017 @ 21:41 
Member 1252, 4479 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 23.09.2017 @ 21:46 PM by danbaseley
PaulSavage said:
We are not all created equally or the same, a human does not = a human. How can a polar bear, that's 200kg+ and pregnant, survive for as long as a year without eating a single thing?

Hahahahahaha.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/853/863/6af.j...

Brilliant. You can't tell the difference between species. Or hibernation in bears and being a human.

Do you remember when you said your main motivation for getting to 90kg was health.

But she is healthy - because Geoff Capes.
AdamTIcon...23-09-2017 @ 21:53 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Post Edited: 23.09.2017 @ 21:57 PM by AdamT
PaulSavage said:
Complete load of bo***cks. Firstly, everybody knows heavyweights in Britain were nigh on none existent back then and I'd been national champion in two other sports so why not? If you go into a sport thinking you can do f**k all, that's what will happen. I never said id be British champion, I didn't know if I would even do boxing, I was just starting out. Only thing I said was I thought it was possible.
I was probably talking about Joshua's opponent but Joshua was not at all impressive to me at first as I first seen him in the Olympic finals that he lost badly but got gifted (loads of other people have said the same, including top pro's). Never said he couldn't be world champion and he's came on massively since then. Boxing didn't hurt my shoulder (hack squats?), I broke my foot but I stopped because I found the constant repetition work very boring.
It seems people think boxing is all about skill and how many years you have been doing it but fitness and will to win play at least as big a roll. Natural reflexes make a difference too.

Paul you know I like you. I think you are doing awesome things with Becca and you are quite a strong chap yourself with an iron grip.

However if you think even British level is easy, you're crazy.

Big Jay (Ursus) does unlicensed boxing, if I'm correct? Most likely he's hard as nails. Would he beat a top Brit pro in a 12 round fight? I would seriously doubt it.

Now Paul if you were a natural talent and took It seriously, you could maybe do well. But boxing is a tough, tough sport.

Did any of you guys see the fun spar between big Ed and Hughie Fury.

Ed could probably walk through any other ordinary man, no sweat. But one solid jab from fury had this monsters head snap back.

Rio Is a great athlete. I would bet my testicles he is a greater athlete Than anyone posting on here. But at his advanced age, he will struggle. Though he looks like a guy that could hit you a punch.
PaulSavageIcon...23-09-2017 @ 21:53 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
danbaseley said:
Hahahahahaha.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/853/863/6af.j...
Brilliant. You can't tell the difference between species. Or hibernation in bears and being a human.
Do you remember when you said your main motivation for getting to 90kg was health.
But she is healthy - because Geoff Capes.

I obviously understand bears and humans arnt the same species. Some humans vs some other humans might as well not be the same species though, that's the point.

Once again I never said that, never even said I would truly ever weigh under 90kg, just dehydrated for a weigh in. Me trying to get to 90kg was definitely not healthy, pretty much starving myself other than cheats, almost no carbs, 3 hours walking a day plus weights.
PaulSavageIcon...23-09-2017 @ 21:57 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 23.09.2017 @ 21:57 PM by PaulSavage
AdamT said:
Paul you know I like you. I think you are doing awesome things with Becca and you are quite a strong chap yourself with an iron grip.
However if you think even British level is easy, you're crazy.
Big Jay (Urses) does unlicensed boxing, if I'm correct? Most likely he's hard as nails. Would he beat a top Brit pro in a 12 round fight? I would seriously doubt it.
Now Paul if you were a natural talent and took It seriously, you could maybe do well. But boxing is a tough, tough sport.
Did any of you guys see the fun spar between big Ed and Hughie Fury.
Ed could probably walk through any other ordinary man, no sweat. But one solid jab from fury had this monsters head snap back.
Rio Is a great athlete. I would bet my testicles he is a greater athlete Than anyone posting on here. But at his advanced age, he will struggle. Though he looks like a guy that could hit you a punch.

Never thought easy, even then when most british heavyweights were a much lower standard and virtually all out of shape my plan for doing well involved countless hours of working hard as hell. Now British standard of heavyweights is much better, heavyweights in general.
AdamTIcon...23-09-2017 @ 22:06 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
PaulSavage said:
Never thought easy, even then when most british heavyweights were a much lower standard and virtually all out of shape my plan for doing well involved countless hours of working hard as hell. Now British standard of heavyweights is much better, heavyweights in general.

If anyone on this site shared a ring, with Chisora, Whyte, haye, Hughie, Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua? They get stopped very early.

Every single top stongman/powerlifter gets knocked out by a good pro heavyweight. Regardless how tough they are.
danbaseleyIcon...23-09-2017 @ 22:09 
Member 1252, 4479 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
I obviously understand bears and humans arnt the same species. Some humans vs some other humans might as well not be the same species though, that's the point.
Once again I never said that, never even said I would truly ever weigh under 90kg, just dehydrated for a weigh in. Me trying to get to 90kg was definitely not healthy, pretty much starving myself other than cheats, almost no carbs, 3 hours walking a day plus weights.

"shortandmighty said:You have got some impressive grip strength. There is something that is I am curious about, why at 6'2" and with all the work you have put in are you wanting to drop down to U90? If I was you're height I would be focusing on getting as strong as I could at either 105's or opens.

It's mainly for health and Well being"

The problem with deluding yourself Paul, is that sometimes you forget what you have actually stated/fibbed about already.
PaulSavageIcon...23-09-2017 @ 22:25 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
danbaseley said:
"shortandmighty said:You have got some impressive grip strength. There is something that is I am curious about, why at 6'2" and with all the work you have put in are you wanting to drop down to U90? If I was you're height I would be focusing on getting as strong as I could at either 105's or opens.
It's mainly for health and Well being"
The problem with deluding yourself Paul, is that sometimes you forget what you have actually stated/fibbed about already.

You are taking things out of context. First that's vs being very heavy which is equally unhealthy but it was also what I thought at that time. It was much harder to get low in weight than it was in the past and as said it was too unhealthy, that's why I stopped.

You are arguing with me about me when you know f**k all about me and I'm me. Why are you so negative? Why put people down? What do you get out of it? You didn't answer this.
PikefingersIcon...23-09-2017 @ 22:39 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:

Interesting point, but polar bears can lose in excess of 40% during hibernation.
PaulSavageIcon...23-09-2017 @ 22:49 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 23.09.2017 @ 22:49 PM by PaulSavage
Pikefingers said:
Interesting point, but polar bears can lose in excess of 40% during hibernation.

Sure but they eat nothing at all for months and months. If you did a survey of 1000 athletes you would find there's plenty that are the same bodyweight but eat very different amounts. Calories in vs out does not = bodyweight, there is a s**t ton of aspects to it.
little_aIcon...24-09-2017 @ 07:35 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
PaulSavage said:
she was around 200kg then

Eek

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions