Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsNew goal new log

New goal new log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

yiannis
nails said:Great stuff mate, I've only just realised you have a new log lol. The stuff on intsa has been very good though Tongue

The mobility stuff should do you good mate, you just end up moving better which is always a good thing.

Thanks mate. Ye restarted it as seems to help motivation and thought it would be good to keep a log going into comp.
yiannis
Week 2 day 3
Upper body
All super sets

vertical pulldown 5x6 pause at chest
lat pulldown pronated 5x12-15

60% incline Reverse press barbell 5x6
60% incline dbell press 5x8-12

ez bar BOR 3x6
face pull 3x12

Dips with 20kg chains 3x6
cable crossover bent forward 3x15

Same as last week but went heavier on all exercises apart from dips.

Eating more at the minute as want to try and get to about 110-112kg ish mark something that won't be to hard to drop back to 105kg for when i do naturals next year.
Not sure what plan is after this comp. Would like to get a few in this year. Fancy doing that north England log and deadlift championship in October, not unrealistic tho as would go to try and beat myself and set new pbs and also get to know a few more faces ect.
yiannis
Week 2 day 3
Legs

Had to train early today which I don't like especially for legs!

Jumps squats
Set 1. 100kgx10
Set 2. 100kgx10
Set 3. 100kgx10
Set 4. 105kgx10

These are grim was dripping after them.

Static lunges (ment to be split squats with front foot raised but ankle mobility is f**ked ATM and couldn't get down properly)
5x8

Leg curl 3 second eccentric
5x10-12

Step ups to bench 5x8 each leg 22kg Dbell each hand

Seated good mornings
90kg 2x10
60kg 2x12

Toe press 3x12 253kg

Seated calf raise 3x12

Then did about 10 mins of mobility work.

Hard work today. Start the next stage of my prep/program next week which looks quite fun. Arms tomorrow then rest Sunday!
yiannis
Week 2 day 5

Arms
4 times round
A1. Ez bar curl x6
A2. Hammer curl x12
A3. Straight bar cable curl x25
90 sec rest
B1. close grip bench x6
B2. dbell skull crunch x12
B3. overhead rope ext x25
90 sec rest

Nice and quick done on break at work.
Rest day tomorrow then big day with axle and farmers on Monday.
Two weeks into prep and feeling great. Everything is going right atm, hips feel a lot better and can see the difference from yoga.
Will be first time on Monday that i will have done some sort of heavy work with the axle so looking forward to seeing how that goes. Struggling to decide what belt to use for it; either my sbd one or my rehband back support and my triple ply belt. I feel the rehband and triple ply is more comfortable but can't really belt clean with it as well so might effect it when I get more tired. One of life's major problems.
I hear you on those front foot elevated split squats, how can something so simple be so hard? I think they will be good for your ankle mobility if used right as in for that purpose and not crazy heavy.
yiannis
nails said:I hear you on those front foot elevated split squats, how can something so simple be so hard? I think they will be good for your ankle mobility if used right as in for that purpose and not crazy heavy.

Ye they will be mate but my ankle mobility is about as mobile as a potato. Grin
Legs are still sore today haha
yiannis
Week 3 day 1
Axle and farmers

Hard session today. Didn't eat enough today and was struggling with energy but managed a few pbs which isnt saying much really as only been doing axle a few weeks!
Missread my workout aswel so did my power cleans and strict press first!

Powercleans into strict press 10x2 upping weight every 3 sets then last set again! Worked up to a mear (by most of sugdens) 87kg

Really struggled to clean today. Not sure why as it's been ok but felt awful today. No explosive power off the floor.

Belt cleans into push press
10x2
First time doing heavy belt cleans
Worked up to 102kg for 4 sets of doubles.
Again nothing special really but very happy with where it's going and there was more in tank. Next week is 10x1 and I'm going to push as hard as I can and see what I can get.

Farmers walk 5 sets 30 m (15 there 15back) 2 pick ups at start and drop and turn
72.5kg each hand
Felt good but not as quick as I would like. Energy was zapped by then but got it all done!

All in all looking good for comp which is 10 weeks away so plenty of time to get better at events but doing axle today over comp weight is very promising for me! Axle and deadlift is where I think I can get some points at the comp.

http://instagram.com/p/BiM2aFDBks0/
yiannis
Week 3 day 2

Deadlift day.

2" Deficit deads 5,4,3,2,1

Set 1. 195kgx5
Set 2. 200kgx4
Set 3. 210kgx2
Set 4. 220kgx1 blacked out at lockout so narrowly missed it
set 5. 180kgx3 speed

RDL 3x3 8 second eccentric constant tension.

standing good mornings 2x6-8

Good session apart from the missed 220kg next time its mine
yiannis said:Week 3 day 2

Deadlift day.

2" Deficit deads 5,4,3,2,1

Set 1. 195kgx5
Set 2. 200kgx4
Set 3. 210kgx2
Set 4. 220kgx1 blacked out at lockout so narrowly missed it
set 5. 180kgx3 speed

RDL 3x3 8 second eccentric constant tension.

standing good mornings 2x6-8

Good session apart from the missed 220kg next time its mine

Sounds good mate despite the mid session nap Grin
yiannis
nails said:
Sounds good mate despite the mid session nap Grin

Hahaha both sessions this week so far have been killers tbh so nap was called for
Tongue
yiannis
Post Edited: 04.05.2018 @ 15:55 PM by yiannis
Week 3 day 3
Eccentric overload

Superset
Push press 3x5 8 sec eccentric
Chin up 3x3 8 sec eccentric

Superset
Push press 3x3 8 sec eccentric
Chin up 3x5 8 sec eccentric

Superset
Strict press 8x1 4 sec eccentric
Pull up 8x1 10 sec eccentric

Superset
Strict press 3x3-5 2 sec eccentric
Chin up 3x3-5 4 sec eccentric

Hard work last night with little time as was at work

http://instagram.com/p/BiU5z0aBCar/
yiannis
Post Edited: 04.05.2018 @ 15:56 PM by yiannis
Week 3 day 4

Superset
Front squats 5 sec eccentric 5 sec pause X1
Back squats 5 sec eccentric 5 sec pause X1

Set 1. 120kg front, 140kg back
Set 2. 125kg front, 145kg back
Set 3. 130kg front, 150kg back
Set 4. 140kg front, 160kg back
Set 5. 145kg front, 165kg back

Back squats 4 sec eccentric 2 sec pause X1

Set 1. 170kg
Set 2. 175kg
Set 3. 180kg
Set 4. 180kg
Set 5. 185kg
Set 6. 185kg

Leg press 3x2 mins

15mins mobility work

http://instagram.com/p/BiW8Xx5B4PG/

Absolutely brutal session but really enjoyed it. Arms tomorrow then rest Sunday and another week is done. Comp getting closer.
yiannis
Post Edited: 08.05.2018 @ 11:01 AM by yiannis
Week 4 day 1

Axle and farmers

Had a few guys round so was really good as normally do it on my own.

Singles on Belly clean and push press.

worked up to 117kg then did 5 singles at 107kg and went back to 177kg and tried a split jerk.
Took a few sets to get use to it as heaviest I've ever been to on axle and only my 4th workout with one so really happy with how it felt and could see massive improvements with each sets on the cleans.

Power cleans and push press worked up to 82kg the did speed work at 67kg

Farmers walk
wokred up to 92kg each hand for a couple of 20m runs drop and turn with a double pick up at start.

All coming together nicely and still plenty of time until comp.
Comp weight for axle i'm well above now and I'm doing farmers just below comp weight for speed work so feeling good.

http://instagram.com/p/BifTBMTBOd2/
Very nice axle pressing mate. Once it's at your shoulders there was no doubt. Belly cleans are far from shabby but with a bit more work you'll be hitting monstrous weights. That's not bad at all for someone who's still learning!
yiannis
nails said:Very nice axle pressing mate. Once it's at your shoulders there was no doubt. Belly cleans are far from shabby but with a bit more work you'll be hitting monstrous weights. That's not bad at all for someone who's still learning!

Cheers mate. I said that last night. Cleans where s**t first few but where getting better so like you said more work and they will improve massively. Really happy with how its going so far.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsNew goal new log
Return to top View Desktop Site