Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMuscle Beach!

Muscle Beach!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Friday 17th August

Deadlifts - 180kg x 2, 2, 2

Deadlift from toes - 190kg x 1

Abs - Stack x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Tuesday 21st August

Bench Press (paused) - 110kg x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ... 85kg x 5 ... 90kg x 5, 5, 5, 5

Cable Rows - 170lbs x 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

CG.Inclines - 60kg x 6, 6, 6, 6

Rear Laterals - 5kg's x 10, 10, 10, 10

Nice
getting strong f**king fast mate.

When will you whack your total to the table again?
Thanks Joni, i'm still a way behind what I was lifting before Korea but i'm happy i'm moving in the right direction.

As for the weight table! Errrrrr... Not sure I really agree with it mate!
nah who gives a f**k, its just a table Wink

(petition for separate raw and equipped tables will be launched at some point)
I don't think of it as a league table, which is probably just as well as our one world record holder is listed squarely in last place! I like having the info there because I think it's interesting to know roughly what other people have done, whether it be equipped, raw, or whatever.

And yes, you are getting strong damned quick.
Heh, maybe i'm too competitive in these things. I don't know.

I'm really not that strong at the moment guys, compared to before i'm a pussycat. But it's coming.
so what, its all about improvement
Originally posted by sivvy1...
so what, its all about improvement

aye, and some of us have witnessed THE BADGER climb up pretty f**king fast before with his lifts!
Thanks Joni, you know the reason why. It's because i've made small changes here and there to my training over the years which has lead to a training style which works perfectly for me. I don't jump on every weightlifting bandwagon that comes by.

But thats way too sensible for some people! Since coming back to these forums (all of them) over the past month i've realised the problem hasn't gone away and people still put stock in inappropriate training routines and totally ignore what got them to where they are.

Some people just want to talk, others want to train.

Wednesday 22nd August

Squats - 200kg x 1

GMs - 150kg x 2

Leg Press - 340kg x 6

Good, good. Its coming back.
but, but, but... i like talking!
Originally posted by Fazc...
Thanks Joni, you know the reason why. It's because i've made small changes here and there to my training over the years which has lead to a training style which works perfectly for me. I don't jump on every weightlifting bandwagon that comes by.

But thats way too sensible for some people! Since coming back to these forums (all of them) over the past month i've realised the problem hasn't gone away and people still put stock in inappropriate training routines and totally ignore what got them to where they are.

Some people just want to talk, others want to train.

Wednesday 22nd August

Squats - 200kg x 1

GMs - 150kg x 2

Leg Press - 340kg x 6

Good, good. Its coming back.

can i ask how many warm up sets you do before you working set? and out of interest what do you follow interms of training
Post Edited: 22.08.2007 @ 15:46 PM
I should clarify those comments above had nothing to do with recent discussions here, I visit a lot of boards and this is a good one. So talk away Joni and Rob and Rick Happy

Thing:

Generally i'll go something like 20kg x 10, 20kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 140kg x 3, 160kg x 1, 200kg x 1.

Next time i'll move my last warm up set to about 170 or so and try for 205. I'm still building strength back to where I was so these weights don't have any mental barrier attached to them.
I should clarify those comments above had nothing to do with recent discussions here, I visit a lot of boards and this is a good one. So talk away Joni and Rob and Rick Happy

Thing:

Generally i'll go something like 20kg x 10, 20kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 140kg x 3, 160kg x 1, 200kg x 1.

Next time i'll move my last warm up set to about 170 or so and try for 205. I'm still building strength back to where I was so these weights don't have any mental barrier attached to them.

cool bud, and it will not take long to get back to where you left off, i was i'll at the start of the year and had to take 2 months off the gym to help recover, and it took 6 weeks to get back to where i had left off. so best of luck with the training bud

I for one wasn't taking it personally Happy. I know the sort of thing you mean - people constantly changing their routines up and posting "I've been on this plan A WHOLE WEEK and my arms are no bigger!!one!1! what shall I do instead??"

Interesting - esp. the 160. A small jump followed by a big one would not have occurred to me, I'd tend to do it the other way round. I know the reasoning, but I've been raised on strictly-decreasing jump size!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMuscle Beach!
Return to top View Desktop Site