You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHead bangin Kids

Head bangin Kids

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

General_illIconHead bangin Kids22-09-2010 @ 23:31 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
I have a little lad that is one on Friday. Just got back from A&E cos he fellover and whacked his head on the door frame/skirting board
he's alright just got an egg on his head. He didn't really cry that much and was playing and running around after about 15 mins in the hozzy. This did however get me thinking how the f**k are you supposed to cope if somthing Bad actually happens. You see familys on tv with really ill kids and I mostly just switch over and watch somthing else but maybe I shouldn't. I know kids fall over and he has before I'm not a histerical person but when I picked him up and he had a massive lump straight away I was more than a little worried. That's why we took him to the hospital. !

Sorry I have just re-read this and it doesn't really have a point but I'm posting it anyway
LukeCIcon...23-09-2010 @ 00:01 
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
When me and my girlfriend are together looking after her nephew I am always terrified that something will happen. He is only 5 and if say he fell and cut his head open and we had to take him to A&E I would feel awful so I can sympathise, must be 100 thousand times more stressful with your own kids, especially if they are only one.

But like you say accidents happen and little kids are prone to them! Part of growing up I suppose.
BigMaccaIcon...23-09-2010 @ 00:02 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9943 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
I know what you mean mate.

My little girl fell about 4 foot onto slate tiles, landing on her head when she was 2. My misses just froze as I scooped her up and tried to comfort her. I was convinced that she must have done some major damage somewhere and after about 5 minutes I had settled her enough to start peeling off her clothing bit by bit to see what was broken.
Amazingly nothing was, she just had a lump on her head (thank god).

I can tell you now that those few minutes were the worst of my life, god only knows how I would cope if something serious happened.

There are some very brave people out there!

Macca
brynevansIcon...23-09-2010 @ 00:46 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
My Neice fell off her bicycle a couple of years ago and landed on her head and was unconscious for a short period. She was taken to the hospital and checked over, the doctor who saw her wasn't happy with her and kept her in overnight. The next morning she was sent for an MRI scan and she was found to have quite a significant malignant tumour on her brain, two days later she was having surgery to remove it followed by about 12 months of Radio/Chemotherapy. I'm pleased to say she's doing ok now and has recently returned to school.
It's ironic that having that accident on her bike probably saved her life as it could have been a long time before it was diagnosed. Apparently there was just some indication in the way her eyes tracked that the doctor saw and insisted they run additional tests.
drewIcon...23-09-2010 @ 07:45 
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Kids are surprisingly resilient

But what you are worrying about now parents will have worried about for 1000's of years. There is no way of stopping it and you probably will always worry. My mum still worries about me and my bro and were 25/28

Accidents happen, some end well unfortunately some don't. I know that's not an answer to your problem but that's the truth

About a year ago there was a young toddler who pulled a tv onto her out of the cabinet and she died. Silly things just happen
General_illIcon...23-09-2010 @ 09:28 
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
Bryn, glad your Neice is ok.

Thanks for the replys they kinda put thinks into perspective,

My boys lump had gone down quite a lot this morning
PAGANIcon...23-09-2010 @ 09:42 
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
When Jnr was very little ( yeah I'm old)and I was looking after him I had him to hospital twice in a week. The first time I'd left the iron on and he knocked it over onto his hand burning his fingers badly.A couple of days later I was bathing him when the phone rang. I was out of the bathroom for about 10 seconds but when I came back he was half way through downing a bottle of Matey! he was glugging away on it like a drunk on a bottle of sherry. I was convinced he would be taken into care I was such a bad parent.

These days I'm more worried about him choking on his own vomit than a bottle of MateyRoll-Eyes
ben66Icon...23-09-2010 @ 09:43 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Both my daughters have been in A&E when 1 or 2ish, one from a fall, the other from chest infection. It's really worrying stuff but kids are a lot tougher than you'd think!
CarlIcon...23-09-2010 @ 09:45 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
my mum s**t her pants when she heard i was in hospital in manchester, following my shin cutting incident
PeteHodgsonIcon...23-09-2010 @ 09:49 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
PAGAN said:When Jnr was very little ( yeah I'm old)and I was looking after him I had him to hospital twice in a week. The first time I'd left the iron on and he knocked it over onto his hand burning his fingers badly.A couple of days later I was bathing him when the phone rang. I was out of the bathroom for about 10 seconds but when I came back he was half way through downing a bottle of Matey! he was glugging away on it like a drunk on a bottle of sherry. I was convinced he would be taken into care I was such a bad parent.

These days I'm more worried about him choking on his own vomit than a bottle of MateyRoll-Eyes

f**king hell Pagan. I just read that, and can't believe it. What the f**k were you thinking! Jesus.Disgraceful!!

IRONING!? WTF
PAGANIcon...23-09-2010 @ 09:52 
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
PeteHodgson said:
f**king hell Pagan. I just read that, and can't believe it. What the f**k were you thinking! Jesus.Disgraceful!!
IRONING!? WTF

I am a domestic Goddess.
PeteHodgsonIcon...23-09-2010 @ 09:54 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
though my little girl was having a fit or something last winter (she was about 1 1/2) She started thrashing around and when she started to go blue we phoned the ambulance, they told us to leave the door open. Literally 2 minutes later paramedics were in the house! Amazing. By then she'd vomitted and was fine. Another minute later she was laughing with the paramedic. Still went in to casualty to get her checked out though. 4hrs later and all was fine. Scary as f**k for a while though. Funny thing was (looking back) when I ripped her vest off her to cool her down my missus shouted 'Don't rip it!' ha ha. Like that was the important thing. You don't behave rationally when things like that happen. We were both yelling at each other to find the phone to call 999.
James_94Icon...23-09-2010 @ 14:44 
A very experienced novice
Member 1092, 1989 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 245
540.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
PAGAN said:When Jnr was very little ( yeah I'm old)and I was looking after him I had him to hospital twice in a week. The first time I'd left the iron on and he knocked it over onto his hand burning his fingers badly.A couple of days later I was bathing him when the phone rang. I was out of the bathroom for about 10 seconds but when I came back he was half way through downing a bottle of Matey! he was glugging away on it like a drunk on a bottle of sherry. I was convinced he would be taken into care I was such a bad parent.

I was going to post them stories earlier but thought i'd leave it too you Grin
General_illIcon...23-09-2010 @ 14:53 
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
James_94 said:

I was going to post them stories earlier but thought i'd leave it too you Grin

Pagan this made me lol. Bet it wasn't funny at the time though.

James it's obviously not done you any harm, in fact the matey might be the secret to your strength, Hmmmm !
Wink
MarkCleggIcon...23-09-2010 @ 17:10 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Carl said:my mum s**t her pants when she heard i was in hospital in manchester, following my shin cutting incident

I wasn`t overly impressed with your "Where theres Blame Theres a Claim Attempt" either Carl !!!

Drip !

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHead bangin Kids
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions