Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAn old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds

An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Wednesday, 20th June, start 16:00

Bench, very raw
20 x 15
20 x 15
20 x 15
40 x 5
50 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
90 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
120 x 4
Damn, blast and set fire to it ! Confidence was high for this, even after the first four, which were not that hard I would have placed a substantial sum on me making the fifth, but it stalled half way up, the arse was lifting and the spotters had to tickle it to make it go. Bah !

Close grip bench
65 x 8
75 x 8
85 x 8
95 x 8
105 x 8
Again, after the penultimate set hopes were high, the first five were easy, but the sixth emptied the tank, so back into the racks it went.
The BBC made history yesterday it would seem by having the first woman commentator on a World Cup football match. Vicki Sparks is the name for all quiz enthusiasts to remember.
Just noticed the new tag line - like it. Kudos to the chap who spotted my ramblings and decided to change in of the strength of it. well played Sir.
Officially the first day of summer, longest day of the year today, Sunrise 4.40 and Sunset 21.43 so seventeen hours and three minutes. From tonight my old mate Danny will be stood in various pubs telling anyone who will listen that "the nights are drawing in now". Cheerful f**ker is Danny
ChrisMcCarthy
Fatpete said:Officially the first day of summer, longest day of the year today, Sunrise 4.40 and Sunset 21.43 so seventeen hours and three minutes. From tonight my old mate Danny will be stood in various pubs telling anyone who will listen that "the nights are drawing in now". Cheerful f**ker is Danny

I've been saying it is coming for a while now...
Just wanted to inform you that Billy J. Was mentioned on the Tonite Show and made a joke about the cost!
ChrisMcCarthy said:
I've been saying it is coming for a while now...

And now it is true.
Post Edited: 22.06.2018 @ 06:51 AM by Fatpete
Billytheold said:Just wanted to inform you that Billy J. Was mentioned on the Tonite Show and made a joke about the cost!

Cheers Billy. I wonder when that was recorded, he is supposed to be in Dublin, Ireland tonight. Mind you, I don't suppose they are called jet setters for nothing.

He should have gone and sat in those seats, he would have got some new material out of that experience

Edit - just noticed that you said mentioned and not appeared. Sorry for that. It is early
Yesterday, I was driving down a wide road, it is three lanes. one lane in my direction and two in the other as the two lead to a set of lights where traffic splits.

There was quite a queue for the lights and a couple of fire engines wanted to get through so they just wandered over to our lane and forced us off the road. The only place to go was onto the kerb and I do mean onto. I went up the lowered section for one driveway, actually along the kerb with all four wheels on it to the next lowered section for the next driveway.

I believe that this is a first for me, I have mounted kerbs before but this is my first time to be actually ON one.

Am I a bad person if I consider the driver of said fire engine an irresponsible oaf ?
Friday, 22nd June, start 16:30

Did a bit of coaching first, and during it I was considering a change, and when it was time to start I decided to have one, so, merely on a whim I took a fifteen kilo bar and loaded some of the weightlifters full diameter two point five kilo discs. I will do bent rows, very strict, sets of ten, I will continue in five kilo jumps until I start to loose my form or it goes dark, whichever comes first. The smart money is on me losing form

Bent row, very strict
20 x 10
25 x 10
30 x 10
35 x 10
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 10
55 x 10
60 x 10
65 x 10
70 x 10
75 x 10
80 x 10
85 x 10
90 x 10
95 x 10
Just starting to rock 'n' roll on the last couple so that is that. Stayed behind for a chat with the Rickster and then away to Tesco. I will have an immensely quiet weekend with much resting, my visitor prevented me watching the hour long Emmerdale and Corrers yesterday and training and shopping has prevented me watching tonights, so tomorrow will be a soap fest and really not much else.
Witness my hand this day that at 10:19 on the morning of Saturday, the 23rd day of June in this, the two thousandth and eighteenth year of our lord, I, Fat Pete, foolish fellow of this parish, being of sound mind* and body, did willfully and of my own volition enters the Masters competition in August of this very year.

The die is cast.

*Yes I know, I know, before you say it, I know
Fatpete said:Yesterday, I was driving down a wide road, it is three lanes. one lane in my direction and two in the other as the two lead to a set of lights where traffic splits.

There was quite a queue for the lights and a couple of fire engines wanted to get through so they just wandered over to our lane and forced us off the road. The only place to go was onto the kerb and I do mean onto. I went up the lowered section for one driveway, actually along the kerb with all four wheels on it to the next lowered section for the next driveway.

I believe that this is a first for me, I have mounted kerbs before but this is my first time to be actually ON one.

Am I a bad person if I consider the driver of said fire engine an irresponsible oaf ?

I thought you might have stood your ground and stayed in the lane and forced the fire engine to stop. Based on previous conversation s.
aaron_lohan said:
I thought you might have stood your ground and stayed in the lane and forced the fire engine to stop. Based on previous conversation s.

It's always a consideration. Generally I follow the path of least resistance, it is illegal to drive on the pavement but I was highly unlikely to end up in court for it, also very unlikely to damage, me, anyone else or the car, so the law was broken. I can live with that. Running a red light however, that could end in prosecution and the driver of the blues and twos will happily claim that it was nothing to do with him. These are awkward positions to be in and each has to be taken on its merits. The law however will NEVER back you. They simply state that while you are expected to make every effort to clear the way, you can never use it as an excuse for breaking the law.
Henk
Fatpete said:Witness my hand this day that at 10:19 on the morning of Saturday, the 23rd day of June in this, the two thousandth and eighteenth year of our lord, I, Fat Pete, foolish fellow of this parish, being of sound mind* and body, did willfully and of my own volition enters the Masters competition in August of this very year.

The die is cast.

*Yes I know, I know, before you say it, I know

Excellent. I see from the entry list that we're (currently) lifting in the same flight.
Henk said:
Excellent. I see from the entry list that we're (currently) lifting in the same flight.

Splendid news. I shall look forward to it even more now.

I haven't decided what I would like to total yet, right now I would settle for nine lifts and consider the weight a bonus.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAn old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds
Return to top View Desktop Site