REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 164 guests
You are here: HomeForumjedi → View All Posts

View All Posts: jedi

» The Game Changers (Film) - Anyone seen this? (Go to post)23-01-2020 @ 16:18 
I watched it and was all set to throw my sossijiz in the bin!
Then I did think that it was somewhat one-sided in its approach so had a quick search on youtube under "Game Changers debunked" and came across this vid from Layne Norton which does address some of the worst of the scientific bloopers in the argument as presented in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ju_HdWB0Y
» 667.5kg at Bodypower (Go to post)13-05-2019 @ 16:21 
Thanks for the support fellas....really means a lot!

My plans to never darken the door of the 90kg class again has been slightly scuppered by the news that I can do the World Champs in Finland in Novemeber if I want (Masters3 u90).
The fact that I'm already back up to 93.5kg four days after weigh-in might suggest this probably won't happen though...
» 667.5kg at Bodypower (Go to post)12-05-2019 @ 17:56 
Really enjoyed the meet and think the BPU did an awesome job after a few teething problems last year.
I was going really well in training until the end of March when I had to diet down a bit. Then I caught shoulder-AIDS as well which really scuppered my bench to the point I thought I might not be able to compete at all. In the end I cobbled together a performance I was fairly proud of although I failed my last bench attempt (a grinder at 160 that I locked out but was red-lighted for downward movement) and also failed my last deadlift because, quite frankly, my decision to go for 275 was, to use a Sugdenism, 'crack pipe' given how badly things had been going in training.
So I ended up with 252.5-155-260
Best lifts are shown here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSxHGNAOJX/
I probably won't bother dieting down again next year (unless I think I can break the all federation records) and will probably compete in the u100s even if I'm only 94/95 because I just don't need the misery in my life of not being able to have a biscuit when I want one.
» 250kg Squat PB (Go to post)02-04-2019 @ 10:52 
Felt like I'd really done the work for this after the 230x3 that I posted and then finished off my last micro-cycle at 232.5kg x 2 (after a heavy triple and two doubles) with at least one in the tank.
It was still somewhat scary as fkk though!
I think there's possibly a tiny bit of downward motion on the bar at the stall point I am not 100% sure ...but it's close enough that I feel comfortable claiming it. Starting to peak nicely towards Bodypower although about 3kg bodyweight to come off so I can compete u90 (masters 3)
Please enjoy my beautiful singing voice...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvuoy3CgkGL/
» 230kg x 3 Squat PB (Go to post)08-03-2019 @ 11:21 
Starting the build up to Bodypower in May with this PB triple on 230kg
Not been this heavy in a while so was very pleased.
At the moment I feel like I have good leg and back strength for an increase on my 245kg single PB but I'm having problems stabilising the bar.
I also tried a new wrap technique that day and didn't get it quite right; as you can see the wrap split a bit. So there are plenty of issues to work on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bumpkvwg9RR/
» A few comp vids from the past week (Go to post)17-12-2018 @ 10:21 
samue1son said:Kept meaning to post on this thread.
Wicked videos. Really enjoyed watching them.

Surprised no more comments!

I don't really know much about the other events but the deadlifts looked noiiiice!
» 600lb deadlift (Go to post)10-12-2018 @ 10:40 
Thanks for the support chaps.

Where next?
I have to admit I've got that slight "Oh I've done that ....what do I do now" feeling?
I could go for 250 for a triple which I think I'm good for or maybe try for 280* off a low block. Feel like I'm spinning my wheels a bit before Xmas now.
» 600lb deadlift (Go to post)03-12-2018 @ 11:07 
Sorry to have another update so soon after the last but this one was really special to me. I had 272.5kg/600lb as a lifetime goal up there with a 250kg squat and a 180kg bench. Basically, numbers I would aim for but not really expect to hit.
Anyone that knows me and knows the struggles I've had with the deadlift over the years will probably be as surprised as I am that the deadlift is the first one to go.
Yes it's a deadlift bar and bumpers to the end also makes it a little easier (this is through necessity rather than choice as it is the only way to fit the weight on the bar with the plates provided).
I weighed in at 91kg the morning of this pull so with the weight of the bands holding the weight on I'm also tempted to claim this as a triple bodyweight pull hahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0nvsaAI4O/
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)14-11-2018 @ 11:13 
Fakeinjury17 said:excellent lift well done

Thanks for the support.
Training still going well.
It's getting to be a mental challenge as much as a physical one now that I'm lifting numbers I haven't touched before.
I am pretty much hitting rep PBs every session at the moment.
Certainly very interesting times although I'm guessing this will slow down shortly...probably like the TRT equivalent of 'newbie gains'.
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)14-11-2018 @ 11:11 
dazzachap said:Jedi

I will visit your log with interest,

We are pretty much the same age, weight, and with similar numbers.

Are you on Instagram?
I'd be interested to see how you are doing too.
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)07-11-2018 @ 11:03 
AdamT said:
Fair play for staying natural all them years. Also if you are using trt at your age, it's most likely a good thing.
Also be interesting to see if you get more than 10% difference in your lifts considering you are only bringing your levels back to normal/high.
I remember guys saying they only got 10% off gear when they used. Personally I always thought that sounded a bit low, especially when they where most likely using a little more than TRT.
P.s Very strong lift!

Thanks Adam.
Certainly feel like I served my time.
I am most definitely seeing the TRT as a health benefit versus an out an out performance enhancement. Obviously I'm already seeing some results but I think that really does come down to now having stable test levels ....if also slightly elevated from where they were.
At the moment I don't think I'm seeing an effect that would translate into a 10% increase on the individual lifts.
My previous best lifts before TRT were: Sq:245(wraps) B:160(competition) Dead:260
A 10% increase on those would be taking my deadlift up to nearly 285/290 which I honestly don't see at the moment. 175/180 bench also seems something of a reach as well....as does a 270 squat.
In short, all I'm seeing at the moment is a slight but definite increase in recovery and an improved sense of well-being (as opposed to walking around feeling absolutely and utterly drained most of the time). Short term and achievable goals will be to hit a 230+ squat in sleeves which I think would set me up for 250ish in the wraps. I am fairly confident I can pull the 272.5/600lb deadlift in a few weeks and bench I'm aiming ofr a touch and go 170 that I could hopefully turn into a paused rep within a month or two.
If the effect is cumulative i.e. I just carry on getting an increased recovery from even harder training then I suppose I'd have to revise my goals but at the moment I'd be happy with modest increases to my lifts but just continuing to enjoy my training again.
I'm being quite strict with myself that it is TRT that I'm doing so I'm not going to be dabbling outside that range or adding in anything else from the pick and mix.
Hopefully if I stick to the TRT it should be an interesting experiment in and of itself into what benefits a TRT dose does give.
255-170-275 would give me a 700 total and would take me up to something like the all fed record I think. I currently see that as the absolute upper end of what is achievable for me.
At the moment...
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)06-11-2018 @ 09:16 
fong said:very nice!

Thanks mate!
Fingers crossed there's a bit more when I go for 600 in about 3 weeks.
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)01-11-2018 @ 14:35 
The_Lone_Wolf said:So much love for you Jedi, well done mate.

Thanks mate, really means a lot.
You have certainly seen the ups and the downs of the journey over the last few years.
Sorry to have to leave the 'running on the power of the ballbag alone' brotherhood but as I said, I feel I served my time in that noble gathering and so far, no regrets.
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)01-11-2018 @ 09:36 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Well done on the lift!

I would have gone for option 1.

I absolutely agree option 1 would have been the simplest and easiest to implement.
However, I know that it wouldn't suit me ....at the moment.
I know that my motivation to train would absolutely and undoubtedly take a dip and I could see me not wanting to train at all.
I think once the competitive urge dies down a bit I will be more than happy to fully adopt option 1 by giving up competing and just training for general strength and fitness.
Just not quite ready for that at the moment.
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)01-11-2018 @ 09:30 
Boar said:Did you opt to join the legally prescribed dark side young jedi ?

very good lift !

I did indeed Mr. Boar.
It took a lot of ummming and ahhhing to come to the decision.
So far ...no regrets.
The effect is subtle but noticeable. I was still training reallllly hard over the last couple of years but it was increasingly feeling like it was killing me to do so. I would get to the weekend and be looking for an excuse not to move my aching bones off the sofa. To make matters worse I was actually completing sessions that should have led to PBs but then not having gas in the tank to produce them.
I now feel like I'm actually recovering from the training and starting to creep through some plateaus.
It's done exactly the job I was hoping for and no more.
I have no desire to 'up the dose' or dabble further into 'other products'. I genuinely feel very well, I am enjoying my training again and have a bit more pep and less mope in my general life too.

You are here: HomeForumjedi → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions