Who's Online - 1 member and 235 guests
You are here: HomeForumLuke27 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Luke27

12345678910 ... ... 3940414243444546474849

» Best butty you ever had (Go to post)07-03-2013 @ 15:37 
Hog Roast buttie
» Olympian shoots woman dead? (Go to post)16-02-2013 @ 09:13 
Tom_Martin said:
Well that's a pretty easy one to answer.
Let me try explain it....
He....*doesn't* want to go to prison. lol

Best comment yet
» training with the misses good or bad idea? (Go to post)12-02-2013 @ 14:48 
Post Edited: 12.02.2013 @ 14:49 PM by Luke27
Definitely separately at first, take the time and spend it on her development and will save you time later down the line. Teach her how to train alone also is best policy, i.e how to dump bars and judge her own weights
» Squatting - negative only (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 21:58 
force10 said:
Ill carry on training how I do and getting stronger those that want to do negative reps or train with more weight than they can handle, to failure or what ever you want to call it, you carry on and never progress. Happy

Whilst I agree that you could easily burn your CNS out using these sorts of techniques. There not necessarily going to do this because your muscles are stronger eccentrically then they are concentrically. So negative reps may not be overreaching, forced reps would be however. Also I would imagine at some point in a weighlifters yearly plan a period of over reaching would be the aim in which case could be beneficial. Whether the squat is the best exercise for this I'm not sure. But would never close off to one type of training, especially as its know to have quite a power stimulus (other side of that is that easy to over train).
» Ed Hall's 340kgx2 squat video (Go to post)12-12-2012 @ 22:41 
Love Ed Hall every time Ive seen him hes been a pleasure to watch. Very strong squatting , I think the only reason people talk about his squat being quite high is because you know from your own training if you really sink a squat it is much harder. If you squat like Misha for example it definitely harder. But again it definitely has to be said that might not be the optimal way to train for strongmen considering many events don't require leg strength at those ranges.
What ever is said thats a ton of weight and he keeps getting better and better.
» Ed Hall's 340kgx2 squat video (Go to post)12-12-2012 @ 22:35 
Also static stromgmen, Z would be great to see again Loz but also not an alite strongman yet but Chad Smith is a ridiculous squatter and deadlifter!

» Ed Hall's 340kgx2 squat video (Go to post)12-12-2012 @ 18:07 
Would be interesting to see who's got the strongest legs in the world RAW (belt and wraps) for
» Bronwyn Taylor asked to leave gym? (Go to post)10-12-2012 @ 21:13 
milsy said:
Agree with you john I know a few good ones and the ones who are good all seem to having somthing in common and that's a Passion for training and helping people reach there goals

If you are looking to go the PT route for commercial gyms then you definitely have to be REPS qualified however I used my BWLA qualification and UKSCA qualification got insurance that way and you will learn a hell of alot more about training. UKSCA and BWLA course are top notch IMO.
» Strongman Equipment Sale (Go to post)10-12-2012 @ 21:06 
Mark I might be interested in all the sleds ? what type are they are they similar to the Strengthshop ones ?
» twelve year old doing 140kg squat. (Go to post)05-12-2012 @ 08:45 
MarkClegg said:My twenty years involved in weightlifting tells me that that cannot be 140kg .. The bar, the weights .. No sorry .. Red 25kg -
All the metal s**t - 15kg absolute max

We're looking at a 100kg squat here ? Not that it matters at all . You've got a young lifter, strong kid . Enjoying lifting .

I prefer youngsters doing Olympic lifting BUT that's just my preference . :-)

He does some

» Flintoff vs Dawson (Go to post)30-11-2012 @ 17:37 
aaron_lohan said:
Because its an insult to the people who have spent years training hard to get that level.

What level ? If youve been fighting years you shouldn't be at this level and you would never accept the fight. If youve been doing it years and your at this level then maybe your not that good.

Also to the people who say its for the pay day? I think hes got more then enough money, I dont think he needs a boxing match to get more (although he will get alot of money from this i doubt it was his primary reason)
» Sale of Youth Weights (Go to post)27-11-2012 @ 19:44 
Are the bars 20kg ? and what quality ? I may have someone intrested
» list of shame (Go to post)21-11-2012 @ 22:41 
MarkClegg said:
WELL i don`t totally agree BUT the man does have a point to an extent .. Take the popular YouTube weightlifter Hysen Pulaku who was knocking out Junior world records in training up to the Olympic Games .

Nobody had heard of him ...
Then - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/weightlifting/943468...
EQUALS - his own place in wikipedia history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysen_Pulaku

Was kinda obvious when he couldn't front squat weights in Janurary that he was cleaning in May. But cant wait for him to come back, loved his videos and him , no nonsense lifter. Shame he got caught
» Does the BDPFA allow knee sleeves (Go to post)16-11-2012 @ 12:42 
Many thanks Rico, I always thought they were allowed in RAW comps but obviously not! thanks for the clarification
» Does the BDPFA allow knee sleeves (Go to post)16-11-2012 @ 11:09 
Like Rehtbands ones ?? just looked through their rule book and didnt state it, just said no knee wraps but nothing about sleeves ??

Many thanks

12345678910 ... ... 3940414243444546474849

You are here: HomeForumLuke27 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions