Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumayebygum → View All Posts

View All Posts: ayebygum

» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)06-11-2009 @ 09:41 
Everything is coming along nicely.... Tickets moving nice and steady, Felix will be down adders later today (Friday), if anyone wants to pay cash.
Would be great if you could keep everyone up to date on muscletalk as they have generously agreed to sponsor the deadlift event.
Other sponsors to date, Met-Rx, atlas stones.co.uk, Greengates builders ltd, a couple of other possibilities, with much help from, Ukstrongman north, Leonine Productions and "Boar".
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)02-11-2009 @ 17:43 
thank's for all the support guy's, getting so much done everyday. Tickets arrived today so i will start posting out tomorrow, to people who's apyments have cleared.
I know you guy's like to stay loyal, but muscletalk have given us a mention over in the power & strength comps section, would be great, if you could give it some hype over there.
thanks
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)01-11-2009 @ 16:58 
Quick update:
Sponsors on board so far, Atlas stones.co.uk, Met-Rx.co.uk, supplements etc will be available on the day, various brands.
tickets sold 200+. Ill be posting out towards the end of this week. Thanks to Boar for the poster, and everyone who has offered to help, or hasnt offered and has been roped in.
The event will be filmed by Leonine .... they filmed The Englands at Doncaster and made a great video, check out you tube for raw power. This will be available to buy.
Athletes have received running order & pairings for every event, giving everyone a chance to compete with, Jimmy, Terry, Felix or Loz & allowing recovery time.
more updates will follow.
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)27-10-2009 @ 13:43 
Sorry guy's there is many other Mark Felix's on facebook, one, that is actually using his picture....???? i have reported them months ago If I could work out how to post an avatar on here i would post the same one here to avoid confusion....
mr small ill pm you.
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)27-10-2009 @ 12:53 
complete line up now confirmed:
Terry Hollands, Mark Felix,, Jimmy Marku, Laurence Shahlaei
Dean Slater, Rob Frampton, Spencer Hyland, Andy Cairney, Mark westaby, gary Gardner, Alex Curletto , Jack Mcintosh (apologies for previous spelling), and reserve Mick ashurst.
, so as not to confuse any further, " chance to compete together", I meant in the same competition,... This will be every man for himself, some of the times on the events are less, to make it an exciting competition. Thankyou for all your support and kind offers, I can now confirm we have sold 180 out of a possible 400mx, with over 5 weeks to go.
Anyone interested in Sponsoring the event, in any way, drop me a line.
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)25-10-2009 @ 17:14 
Still waiting on two replies from 2 athletes, 1 being Scottish?
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)25-10-2009 @ 17:08 
Genuine question that Im more than Happy to Answer.
I chose the athletes
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)25-10-2009 @ 16:44 
I'll post updates as soon as I get them:
so you have the date and venue & athletes
events in NO particular order.
Farmers head to head
140kg, 20 m stop drop 20m return
time limit 60secs

Log head to head
125kg for reps
Time limit 60 secs

Medley head to head
Tyre Flip x 4 or 5- 380kg ish
Loading 2 sacks, 115kg ish each 5m each, loading 1 barrel 5m 125kg ish
Time limit 75secs

Hercules hold
130kg each hand in frame/chains with weighted barrels, for time

Atlas stones (single or head to head)
X5, heaviest will be 174kg we aren’t sure this will be singles or head to head, 60 sec limit

Deadlift (axle bar ) singles
310kg for reps, with straps, 60 sec time limit
» bsm 09 (Go to post)24-10-2009 @ 18:59 
Would be great, if we could discontinue this thread as it is in no way related to BSM, it just has the athletes that compete for bsm wsm... please see new thread "winter Giants"Happy
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)24-10-2009 @ 18:58 
Post Edited: 12.11.2009 @ 21:02 PM by Boar
http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/uploads/misc/17041258059709.jpg
running order
http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/uploads/misc/10671257187380.jpg

Winter Giants 09
strongman competition

13th Dec Sunday 12-3:00pm
indoor venue, Hyndburn Leisure centre, accrington, Lancs

Terry Hollands, Jimmy Marku, laurence Shahlaei and myself against, Rob Frampton, Spencer Hyland, Dean Slater, Gary Gardner, Alex Curletto & Jack Macintosh,
head ref Mick Gossling BSM 05, tickets now on sale, message me for details, first come first served, thanks to the first 100 buyers.
» bsm 09 (Go to post)24-10-2009 @ 17:03 
There was such an interest via facebook, I needed to make sure I replied to over 100 requests on there first. ( we had to see if we could sell the tickets before booking the venue)
We have 300 seats... possibly 400 but i dont want to sqush everyone....
Any interest please pm me on here, it is first come first served, tickets are £10 each.
Just waiting on a couple more athletes then ill open a post with facts.
» bsm 09 (Go to post)24-10-2009 @ 09:00 
No its not standing in for BSM 09.
This is a competition, for the athletes, by the athletes.
Terry Hollands, Jimmy Marku, Laurence Shahlaei, & Felix are all available on this short notice date in Dec.
Given that they have all been competing at different International comps, this will be the only time they will get to compete together this year. Hopefully 2010 will bring more opportunities for Gb guys to compete against each other .
This is an indoor venue with limited number of seat's, it will be first come first served, and as (cut & pasted)above, please contact via facebook, and PLease be sure to get the correct Mark Felix.
Any more questions please feel free, to pm me on here...
Denny/ayebygum
» Ultimate Strongman Championship (Go to post)22-10-2009 @ 14:58 
discussion re this comp over on marunde......

not one for cutting and pasting but all is not as it seems.
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)20-10-2009 @ 17:39 
We will have to see, he will start his training soon at adders, but he doesnt like to do things by halves.
» INDOOR NOVICE COMPETITION [cancelled] (Go to post)20-10-2009 @ 16:26 
Sorry guys Felix wont be at this one, 1st powerlifting comp same day.

You are here: HomeForumayebygum → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site