Who's Online - 1 member and 329 guests
You are here: HomeForumadamkeep → View All Posts

View All Posts: adamkeep

12345678910 ... ... 4748495051525354555657

» Selling my equipment (Go to post)28-07-2017 @ 15:08 
VinnyJones said:Any pics please buddy?

Sent you a PM
» Selling my equipment (Go to post)26-07-2017 @ 13:33 
This week or weekend really. The movers are in the house till tomorrow. I own the house, but we have viewings starting this weekend. I could hold it till then, after that it'll go into storage.
» Selling my equipment (Go to post)26-07-2017 @ 13:19 
I'm in Norfolk. The village is Northwold.
» Selling my equipment (Go to post)26-07-2017 @ 12:24 
Post Edited: 26.07.2017 @ 13:01 PM by adamkeep
Hey guys it has been a few years since I last checked the forum. I hope a post like this is OK.

I'm moving back to the US in September and will need to sell my gym equipment.

It is all from Strength shop (200kg in bumpers, squat stands, Texas power bar, Pendlay Olympic bar). I'll let it go for 400 if gone this week. The Olympic bar was 300 on its own when I bought it 7-8 years ago.

Stay strong!
» Who's going to win WSM 2015? (Go to post)19-04-2015 @ 12:36 
What's with all of the injuries lately? I understand the dropped tire on the foot is just a fluke accident, but the torn this and that seems to be happening too much. Is there just not sufficient time to warm up? I know this was an issue in the past, but if it is, this is something the athletes need to bring up to the event coordinators. There just isn't enough money in the sport to be taking hits like this.
» Jesse Norris 914kg total raw@ 90kg drug free (Go to post)19-12-2014 @ 08:14 
LessThanLuke said:
It could be for nefarious reasons OR it could just be that hes a young kid who can't afford to travel accross the country for a PL comp.

I think it's probably the second. I know his uncle Jay, who has trained him from the start, and he says he has kept him on the "straight-and-narrow" the whole time. Jay has been a beast since his uncle started posting vids of him on Marunde-Muscle like 5 or 6 years ago. I think the kid is a product of great genes and good coaching. He was lucky his uncle is a gym owner and saw what potential he had.
» Are you a Narcisist? (Go to post)08-12-2014 @ 19:25 
Just watched a documentary on Bobby Fischer the chess champion, could also be said to be a narcissism champion as well. The dude was fascinating, but a ma-hoo-sive narcissist.
» Weightlifter/Wrestler (Go to post)05-12-2014 @ 11:34 
Billytheold said:The suplex is a move that takes balls to hit. Once you commit there's no turning back. The snatch to me is a balzy move. I also broke my radius and ulna. The old compound fracture. We are lucky we live now. If it were in the 1800's we may in my have 1 arm now. Thanks for posting. What years were you wrestling in the Air Force? To me Freestyle is the most dangerous.

I've only done 3 in my career. You're right, it does take nuts, but you also need to be in the right position, against the right guy, and have lots of luck as well.

I've thought about the medical situation loads when I was doing strongman and all the stupid-ass injuries I had through the years! Haha! I'd be a cripple by now!

I only got to do 2 tournaments with the AF, the USAFE qualifier and the AF qualifier (where I broke my arm) in 2005. I did oly lift for the AF for about a year in 2007, but tore my rotator cuff and went back to my old lady (strongman) once again.
» Weightlifter/Wrestler (Go to post)05-12-2014 @ 08:58 
kirkynick said:Suplex for the win.

I bet you had a throwgasmGrin

I stood up, threw both arms in the air, screamed as loud as I could...and then got flattened! The guy didn't tuck his neck when I tossed him and landed on the top of his dome, was so dazed he didn't realize I got the 5-point throw and the pin and stood up and tackled me thinking I was f**king around, haha!

Kid was a 2-time state champ and wasn't used to getting tossed like that I guess.
» Weightlifter/Wrestler (Go to post)05-12-2014 @ 08:06 
Wrestled for 15 years, did pretty good. Went 39-5 with 29 pins my senior year at 215lbs wrestled heavyweight as well and went 8-0 there. After high school I did a bit of freestyle and Greco before joining the Air Force. I got to go to the Down Under Games in Australia and wrestled heavyweight there, took 2nd. It was where I pulled off my first belly-to-back suplay. Was amazed with it since it was against a guy much bigger than me, I weighed under 100kg, but was wrestling guys who cut weight to make the 120kg limit...they were BIG!!! Anyhow I stopped wrestling when I broke my arm from slipping on a sweat puddle while throwing someone in the Air Force team trials. Again wrestling heavyweight at about 100kg, threw the current (at the time) Air Force heavyweight and team captain, which would have been for the win and the spot on the team...but slipped and somehow sat on my own arm. Broke the radius and ulna, still have the screws and plates in it and decided to stick to strongman after that. The rest is history.
» Drug testing WSM rumour (Go to post)04-11-2014 @ 11:55 
Bod said:This has the whiff of Al Thompson about it.

Convo had a chance to take another turn on the funny road, but sadly didn't. How do you know Al? I used to train at a gym he worked in...he was a character to say the least.
» Check out this Nutter !! (Go to post)01-10-2014 @ 14:35 
You laugh, but I have heard of and even seen some throwers doing curls like that. I guess it's good for tire flip strength too.

That hack squat was absurd though! Who the hell is that guy?
» Check out this Nutter !! (Go to post)30-09-2014 @ 23:24 
JamesH said:
It was certainly an awful lot of weight. Even more so to drop on your face,
And yes...not a pretty sight. But I did enjoy MM back then. It seems very quiet these days, which is a shame.

It has gone way down over the years, what a bummer. It was one of the best at it's peak. All the top pros would post.
» Check out this Nutter !! (Go to post)30-09-2014 @ 15:44 
JamesH said:
I remember reading his journal over on Marunde. Quite crazy, as you note, and the (700lb?) lockout miss and accident was just sickening.

I remember 800lb lockout miss... His profile pic for a long time was of him with his head and eye all stitched up.
» Check out this Nutter !! (Go to post)29-09-2014 @ 16:07 
Ernest Ballard Beath could be this guys twin! Check him out on youtube, his lifts are nuts! Only has one eye because a rack collapsed on him and crushed his head, popping out an eye, while doing a huge bench lockout!!! Ouch!

https://www.youtube.com/user/PatrioticHighlander

12345678910 ... ... 4748495051525354555657

You are here: HomeForumadamkeep → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions