Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitkit question

kit question

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

iv lost quite a bit of weight since i bought my dead lift suit and the straps are very loose is it leagal in the BDFPA to sew across the straps to make the shorter? as im lifting in the all england next weekend and cant afford to buy a suit at the mo
Mac Donalds. All day, every day, for a week, until the comp. Your suit will fit again.Wink
Jabba
Post Edited: 02.10.2010 @ 22:02 PM by Jabba
strange1 said:iv lost quite a bit of weight since i bought my dead lift suit and the straps are very loose is it leagal in the BDFPA to sew across the straps to make the shorter? as im lifting in the all england next weekend and cant afford to buy a suit at the mo

You can sew across them but you cannot sew the new end bit back down to the body of the strap a this is considered double ply.Harder to describe without being able to draw it Unhappy
Jabba said:
You can sew across them but you cannot sew the new end bit back down to the body of the strap a this is considered double ply.Harder to describe without being able to draw it Unhappy

Technically under ipf rules the 'tag' thats created is meant to be on the inside of the suit not the top, never known anyone be picked up on it though
Col_Austin
In case it's not obvious, you just need to turn the suit inside out before you stitch it.
Under IPF rules suits can be altered to tighten them up as long as the material is gathered in on the original seams and as mentioned does not become a double layer.
Jabba
I don't doubt that you're right Bryn but the OP did specifically state BDFPA, the rules are not exactly the same.
Post Edited: 02.10.2010 @ 23:04 PM by AdamC
the rules the same as in ipf

from BDFPA handbook..

http://www.bdfpa.co.uk/rule/2007handbookA4.pdf

''where a strap has been folded and seamed to meet seam requirements, the suit is legal. the folded strap may not be stitched down to the suit'
Jabba
No, there's no requirement to have the tag on the inside.
Col_Austin
Jabba said:No, there's no requirement to have the tag on the inside.

Bryn never mentioned that.
Jabba
Post Edited: 03.10.2010 @ 00:22 AM by Jabba
You're right, Adam did, my bad.
Jabba
Post Edited: 03.10.2010 @ 00:23 AM by Jabba
You're right, Adam did, my bad.

double post.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitkit question
Return to top View Desktop Site