Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionjust gonna throw this out there for some advice from you good people!!!

just gonna throw this out there for some advice from you good people!!!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

quite simply: Why red meat????

just planning a new diet in the run up to cheshires strongest man, and now hopefully this new year will be a little more affluent, Im gonna try consume 300g of protein a day (instead of placing all the onus on whey). being as its the first time Ive actually planned my diet properly, I am planning on this basic outline:

100g from egg whites
100g from whey (in the form of mass gainers)
100g from meats

which covers all the high BV sources. it isnt going to cost as much as i thought for at least two of the three sources as eggs and whey I have found cheap outlets. but the last one being meat, it seems like the highest BV stuff is the chickens and fish ...... (heres the cruxical part) ...... everyone is always harping on about the benefits of beef. all I can see is that its alot more expensive protein - protein against chicken and fish, and also the BV is lower on it than its cheaper competitors. so pleeeeaaaassssse can you people re-iterate why beef is better for you than the others??

kindest regards

Joe
Beef Has a Great Taste And Texture!

Eat Loads Of It Because It Tastes Good!

I Eat All Different Types Of Meats Mate! And Never Really Had a Diet Plan Of Any Sort Except...

Eat Fruit, Veg, Alot Of Meats, And I Never Really Have Any Protein Shakes Or Anything Unless I Train And I Know I Wont Be Able To Eat For a Few Hours For Any Reason? Grin

Works For Mee! Grin
chicken and veg for the win Grin
Like It Hixxy!
i think the amino acid profile of beef is better
Col_Austin
If you're carrying the body fat I suspect you are, I would drop the mass gainers and probably opt for something leaner than beef. No harm in eating it a couple of times a week though.
100g of protein from egg whites would take 1000g of egg whites. You might not be popular after eating that!
Stuff the egg whites, just have whole eggs. 15 will give you roughly 100g of protein.
shanejer
grass fed beef increases test levels and is more calorie dense, this is why people eat it xx
shanejer said:grass fed beef increases test levels and is more calorie dense, this is why people eat it xx

Could
I not just eat cheap beef and some grass ?
shanejer
General_ill said:
Could
I not just eat cheap beef and some grass ?

LOL
This might be me be hippocriticlal but would it not be better ti use your whey protiens fir first thing in the morning and after training
Then add in you meat based meals through the day with your startchy veg and other veg.
little_jay
just eat a mix of everything mate, all have different amino profiles so will all provide benefits.
See ya there ill be the 1 sayin good lift or no lift Happy
IrishMarc
Post Edited: 02.01.2011 @ 20:56 PM by IrishMarc
Because it tastes good.

You are here: HomeForumNutritionjust gonna throw this out there for some advice from you good people!!!
Return to top View Desktop Site