Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWDFPA 'World' Championship results

WDFPA 'World' Championship results

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Steve
Post Edited: 17.11.2009 @ 14:32 PM by Steve
MattGriff said:
Where did it say that, it says when the bar is motionless does it not?
That could be for a nanosecond and it would still meet the requirements so the 'proper' pause s**t is just taking away from the lifters.

The IPF rules require the bar to be held motionless. No idea about any other Fed rules, but you did say nobody requires a pause.

(the old IPF rules used to say " hold it motionless on the chest with a definite and visible pause"
little_a said:
IFSA???
OK I'm going nowUnhappy

thats terrible
Steve said:
The IPF rules require the bar to be held motionless. No idea about any other Fed rules, but you did say nobody requires a pause.

Held does not mean 'proper pause' though, as I said it could be held for a quater of a second and still satisfy that rule so the whole proper pause argument is redundant and pointless.
Steve
MattGriff said:
Held does not mean 'proper pause' though, as I said it could be held for a quater of a second and still satisfy that rule so the whole proper pause argument is redundant and pointless.

The bench rules clarification (WTF it's not in the rules I don't know) says there should be a one second pause.
Steve said:
The bench rules clarification (WTF it's not in the rules I don't know) says there should be a one second pause.

So the rules state one thing, and the clarification essentilly another. If I was a lifter (and cuase I am a git) I would argue that point lol
MattGriff said:
So the rules state one thing, and the clarification essentilly another. If I was a lifter (and cuase I am a git) I would argue that point lol

You are doing. PMSL.
Steve
MattGriff said:

It makes no sense to me either - a one second pause used to be in the old rule book I have, but a few years ago they decided to simplify the rules, but then issued rules clarification
Very true littler lol

That seems a bit pointless to me, much like the 1 second pause.

In my view all that means is a lifter who has the bar under less control has a second to sort it out and will still get the press vs a guy who did it controlled from the off and should have had an earlier press command.
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/fight460.jpg
paul_richards said:To be honest equipped lifting is not really where the WDFPF is at. They attract far more unequipped lifters, over double. Its a shame the IPF dont see that unequipped lifting is becoming very popular.

Im gonna eat some humble pie here and stop fed bashing. Your right WDFPF do do unequipped lifting really well. I think unequipped lifting is the future of powerlifting (altho I wish it wasnt because I love shirts) Would the IPF taking on uunequipped powerlifting at a european and world level just dilute powerlifting even futher
moz said:
Im gonna eat some humble pie here and stop fed bashing. Your right WDFPF do do unequipped lifting really well. I think unequipped lifting is the future of powerlifting (altho I wish it wasnt because I love shirts) Would the IPF taking on uunequipped powerlifting at a european and world level just dilute powerlifting even futher

I'm not in the know at that level, but I understand that the IPF are looking at introducing unequipped lifting at European and World level.
stuarthamilton said: I'm not in the know at that level, but I understand that the IPF are looking at introducing unequipped lifting at European and World level.

I think that will attract more lifters to the IPF. Mite even get a few boys from WDFPF after what ive been reading on there sites Happy
Jabba
I agree. I think international unequipped lifting would bring in loads of lifters to the GBPF. I don't knock equipped lifting, I just don't want to do it myself.
brynevans said:The WDFPF "Worlds" is one one of those contests I've found hard to understand, to me it seems a bit like voting liberal democrat. They basically follow IPF rules using a fraction of the countries and with all respect to the lifters produce totals that would not be anywhere near the medals in an IPF world championships. The old argument seems to follow that anyone who exceeds the totals set at the "Worlds" in another tested organisation must be a dirty drugs cheat.
So you get the biggest total in your category and you would get the elation of the victory on the day but deep down I would know that I was not a true world champion and it would leave me feeling that somehow it was a hollow title.

out of curiosity would your best total be enough to win wdfpf worlds?
jt said:
out of curiosity would your best total be enough to win wdfpf worlds?

Yes as an equipped lifter I'd be world champion now and unequipped I'd be world bronze medalist. Yet I'm not even the best NW divisional lifter in the GBPF.

Tongue

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWDFPA 'World' Championship results
Return to top View Desktop Site