Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitComplaint to the BBC no 500k coverage

Complaint to the BBC no 500k coverage

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dannyboy73
tbh, when Tom smashes all of Dan Green's records...and I believe he will - i will be making a complaint to the BBC for not covering that. And Im not a powerlifter!

ChrisMcCarthy said:Plus it is not an Olympic Sport.

I am kind of surprised so much of our strength "talent" ends up in SM - I know that SM gets multiple more times coverage in the UK than the UK WL team but all it would take would be one guy to be sort-of-competitive on the world level at SHW and, assuming you weren't a complete c**t, you'd almost be guaranteed coverage on the BBC and thus the biggest platform afforded to anybody nationwide.

Just a Sunday morning muse.
Does the BBC even lift?
We will never be anything but a joke in WL until we stop having such a ridiculous off season testing program. The British fraction of WADA (the low testosterone crew with b**ch tits down to their waists) and the left wing attitude of patting someone on the back for 'taking part' will see to it that we are never competitive in WL. I was horrified last week to see this extended to school sports day in a local Primary school - you do not deserve a trophy or prize for taking part. Do you think Russian kids that come last get rewarded? Do they f**k.

As a country we have some serious talent for strength sports. The lefties unfortunately stop much of it from developing IMO.
Steve
FAT_SAM said:We will never be anything but a joke in WL until we stop having such a ridiculous off season testing program. The British fraction of WADA (the low testosterone crew with b**ch tits down to their waists) and the left wing attitude of patting someone on the back for 'taking part' will see to it that we are never competitive in WL. I was horrified last week to see this extended to school sports day in a local Primary school - you do not deserve a trophy or prize for taking part. Do you think Russian kids that come last get rewarded? Do they f**k.

As a country we have some serious talent for strength sports. The lefties unfortunately stop much of it from developing IMO.

We never had a history of doing well in weightlifting even before the modern era of testing. As a country we're simply not that interested in it and fail to attract the right people. And nowadays we simply don't have enough short people to be competitive in anything but the heavier weight classes.
scruffmcbuff
Steve said:
We never had a history of doing well in weightlifting even before the modern era of testing. As a country we're simply not that interested in it and fail to attract the right people. And nowadays we simply don't have enough short people to be competitive in anything but the heavier weight classes.

Oh so now its us tall folks fault that england dosnt even lift!

*this is a joke, englands strong as f**k*
Steve
scruffmcbuff said:
Oh so now its us tall folks fault that england dosnt even lift!
*this is a joke, englands strong as f**k*

Five out of eight weight categories under 85kg. How many people do you know small enough to be able to put on the muscle to be strong enough to be competitive as such a light weight?
slimsim
Yep, just look at Mutlu and Suleymanoglu. Both around 5ft tall.

I can't remember ever seeing a 5ft tall adult in the uk who didn't have dwarfism.
Post Edited: 10.07.2016 @ 13:21 PM by matthewvc
samue1son said:Okay so I've just sent them a moderately worded "I was disappointed to find that there was no coverage of this even" email.

I agree. The BBC and it's leftist policy bow to sports such as one fingered, wheelchair bound ten pin bowling because people kick off.

They finally covered snippets of UFC after enough bum boys and my peers pressured for something. Plus the public showed interest.

If a video of his pull is 1m views, eventually something needs to give.

Saying that, part of me doesn't want mainstream coverage. They can barely scrapr together weight-lifting articles. They may well cock up basic journalism about this kind of event, like they (still) do on MMA.

Sports outside of the accepted circle will always be that.

BBC show minority sports because they've lost the majority of major sport broadcasting contracts to Sky/BT
due to budget constraint . majority of that small budget is then divided on Wimbledon, MOTD, 6 nations and RL challenge cup, with the remainder spent on cheap to buy minority sports. There is no leftist conspiracy. The BBC is full of old Etonian/Harrovian/Oxbridge educated management who are about as left wing as Margaret Thatcher.
luki
Complaint sent for what it's worth.
dannyboy73
Post Edited: 10.07.2016 @ 13:59 PM by dannyboy73
Well...at the very least, mine made me feel better Wink

Ive also complained to points of view Roll-Eyes now i can get on with my Sunday!

luki said:Complaint sent for what it's worth.
Don't forget the BBC were the only station to show World's Strongest Man in the 70s.80s and 90s.I would imagine that quite a few of you took up weightlifting after watching one of these shows.It certainly inspired me.,In these days of multi media Eddie probable gets more hits on youtube,twitter etc.I would imagine he will be on BBC local news in his hometown anyway.
scruffmcbuff
Steve said:
Five out of eight weight categories under 85kg. How many people do you know small enough to be able to put on the muscle to be strong enough to be competitive as such a light weight?

I was only joking mate as im extremley tall lol.
I know one lifter who is only just 5ft tall hes hench at 82.5 but point taken.

I also sent a complaint to bbc.
Steve said:

This. Plus institutionalised cheating cnuts I can do without Happy
omg can't believe people are sending complaints to the bbc

hilarious lol
ChrisMcCarthy
I lost my pen the other day*...did I hear one word of it on the BBC? Sky? Did I f**k.

f**king Left Wing / Right Wing c**ts.

* I found it 10 minutes later.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitComplaint to the BBC no 500k coverage
Return to top View Desktop Site