Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsJohn, A Big Bald Asshole

John, A Big Bald Asshole

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Jabba
Thank you Rick, from a loader of your standing that is high praise indeed.
Jabba
Yesterday I reaped the benefits of shamelessly bottling out of loading the deadlifts. Normally after loading at a comp I'm a complete wreck and training is s**te for about a week. Squats were the order of the day, all nice, deep and damned fast by my standards.

Warmups then 150x3
160x6
170x3
180x3x3

Very enjoyable and a total surprise after Sunday.

Finished off with a few 5's on fronties with 100 kgs.

Weight was 128kgs, no progress for a month. Started low carbing yesterday. I do wish I could eat a single piece of cake instead of the whole f**king thing! Unhappy
slimsim
Post Edited: 03.12.2013 @ 12:45 PM by slimsim
Jabba said:Yesterday I reaped the benefits of shamelessly bottling out of loading the deadlifts. Normally after loading at a comp I'm a complete wreck and training is s**te for about a week. Squats were the order of the day, all nice, deep and damned fast by my standards.

Warmups then 150x3
160x6
170x3
180x3x3

Very enjoyable and a total surprise after Sunday.

Finished off with a few 5's on fronties with 100 kgs.

Weight was 128kgs, no progress for a month. Started low carbing yesterday. I do wish I could eat a single piece of cake instead of the whole f**king thing! Unhappy

Nice squattage Sir!

And John, you CAN eat a single piece of cake and not the whole thing, you just need to positively reinforce that message to yourself instead of positively reinforcing the message that you can't!

On a side note, I've lost about 5-6kg in about 3-weeks without even trying Unhappy Having some blood tests done but I reckon it's nailed on that I have diabetes as I've got all the markers of it (reduction in eye-sight, extreme thirst, unexplained weight loss, fatigue - it's great fun! lol). Bit of a pisser since I have a good diet, am not overweight to any real degree and exercise regularly, but hey ho, it's not the end of the world. Happy
Jabba
Damn, I really hope it isn't Si. As you said, your lifestyle should give you good odds against diabetes. How long will it be until you know?
slimsim
Just had blood today so probably be about a week.

My brother actually has type 1 diabetes and has had it for about 28-years so that increases my chances supposedly. I just think the symptoms are just too obvious for it to be anything else.

As long as I can get medicated and get rid of this infernal thirst I've got AND get some weight back on me I'll be happy enough. It gives me something to moan about as well, which is nice!! lol
Jabba
Here's hoping anyway mate.
Jabba
Start weight 134.1 kgs Todays weight 126.5 kgs

Back on track with the diet and a milestone reached, sub 20 stones. The next target is sub 125 kgs to get back into my old lifting class and then on to sub 120kgs.

The YNE masters is on 1st February so I need to lose 6.5 kgs by then. Plenty of time to get down to the class and put in a decent performance as long as I don't dick about.

Training is consistent, definite improvements on that front.

I have no excuses not to sort the garage for deadlifts. My shift pattern has fallen superbly this year. I only work 6 more shifts before Christmas and only 10 more before January 16th.
Jabba said: as long as I don't dick about.

You said it.
Jabba
I won't Pete. You can hand me my kicking at the British Masters.
Jabba
Starting weight 134.1 kgs Todays weight 125.5 kgs

A good, consistent but unspectacular training week. 6 garage sessions( 3 heavy, 3 light), 5 cardio sessions and 45 holes of golf. The diet hasn't been particularly good but there's been no chocolate or baked goods. I'll definitely take a 1kg/week weight loss leading up to the comp.
Jabba
Bloody golf. I played the best golf for ages tee to green today. I got 35 Stableford points, our course is reduced to 16 holes, so it was 3 better than my handicap. I struck the ball really well but I 3 putted 5 bloody greens. 3 of those were from inside 20 feet.

A plague of boils on my putting!
Jabba said:Bloody golf. I played the best golf for ages tee to green today. I got 35 Stableford points, our course is reduced to 16 holes, so it was 3 better than my handicap. I struck the ball really well but I 3 putted 5 bloody greens. 3 of those were from inside 20 feet.

A plague of boils on my putting!

I see.
3 putting is kind of like dropping a sandbag or keg

3 putting five times is like dropping a sandbag/keg, using short straps on an axle, having your tacky dry on stones and leaving your belt at home for the day

!!!
come on john!
I, er, knew that. Honest.

For God's sake Jabba!
Jabba
A typical Dr's response, using flowery analogies.

VG, I'm f**king s**t.

Simples. Tongue

Adam, I've just been given a set of Callaway X20's free, gratis and for f**k all. Grin

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsJohn, A Big Bald Asshole
Return to top View Desktop Site