Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitworm charming

worm charming

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

In most competitions the fiddlers with the collector (or collectors) of the most worms in a set time being declared as the winners. They usually have a zone in which to perform their charming, measuring three yards square.

One of the first worm charming events took place in a school fête at Willaston County Primary School in Willaston, Cheshire. The World Worm Charming Championships started in 1980 and is now an annual event that celebrates the sport. It was organised by then-deputy headmaster John Bailey, who wrote the original rules for the competition.

The current world record was established on June 29, 2009 by 10-year-old Sophie Smith of Willaston, England who raised 567 worms during Britain's World Worm Charming Championship.
TravisFandango
What methods of charming are permissible?
Stop ruining Sugden.
Have you been watching the repeat of qi?
Lay out all the things you need in front of you.

Place the stick in your hand like you're praying.

Now spin the stick in your hand like you're making a fire.

After a few minutes, worms should come out of the ground. The exact reason for this is unknown. Some think it simulates rain falling while others suggest this sounds like a hungry mole tunneling for them.

An alternate method is to place a stout log of medium length perpendicular to the ground and run a saw across the top.
drew said:Have you been watching the repeat of qi?

Maybe
Samthepigman said:
Maybe

Did you find any worms whilst baling?
Rodger said:
Did you find any worms whilst baling?

Unfortunately not, i do have another 900 to do on sunday tho so ill keep my eyes peeled!
dannyboy73
Is this the forum for people with sunstroke?
I also just watched QI on Dave...
Jabba
I stick a garden fork into the lawn and wiggle it. After a minute or so the worms come to the surface. Doesn't take long to get enough worms for a chub fishing trip.
You a fellow angler Jab?
Jabba
Yes mate.Rivers are my favourite, roach and chub my favourite species.
dr_hazbun
dannyboy73 said:Is this the forum for people with sunstroke?

Lol
Jabba said:Yes mate.Rivers are my favourite, roach and chub my favourite species.

Ah, a PROPER angler then, none of this commercial carp bulls**t!

Just got back from an evening on the Warks Avon Happy

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitworm charming
Return to top View Desktop Site