Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitdoing two comps quite close - how to best prepare?

doing two comps quite close - how to best prepare?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Post Edited: 14.02.2017 @ 13:26 PM by matthewvc
got GPC southerns 19th march - bench-only @90kg.
also doing fullpower BodyPower@100kg (14th may - there is exactly 8 weeks between these two)

normally i'd do a 10 days or so deload into a comp, week relaxing afterwards.
what i'm thinking is to do is a mild deload on monday (normal bench heavy day) prior to sunday GPC one
so lets say i'm chasing 210-215kg there i'll do say 182.5kg on monday. keep squat/deadlift as per cycle (done wednesday at Ralls)
Sunday bench comp. then on Monday @ Ralls just do some light assistance.

following monday (7 weeks out Bodypower), start a quick 6 week build up on bench.

my slight concern is the effect of not tapering squat/deads at all into a bench only comp

what are people's thoughts?
good? stupid? guaranteed lithuanian vageen at bodypower?
scruffmcbuff
Guranteed vadge all over your face.

8 weeks is loooaaaadddssss of time to get sexy strong for the next one.
scruffmcbuff said:Guranteed vadge all over your face.

8 weeks is loooaaaadddssss of time to get sexy strong for the next one.

LOAL!
Peak the bench for the bench only meet, and just do some technical work/speed work on the squats and deads the week before. Once the bench only comp is out the way, reap the vadge rewards of your hard work, grind your majestic power shaft down to a stump, then work towards to next comp by getting all your lifts back on track. Of course, if the persistent vagine allows.
If that is your idea of close together then I'm jealous. 8 weeks is ages between comps, if you are really worried about it then just do light lower body work the week of the bench only comp then carry on the week after as normal. Come on it's a bench comp it's not going to take much out of you. 8 weeks to peak your bench is plenty of time so you don't have anything to worry about.
unit94 said:If that is your idea of close together then I'm jealous. 8 weeks is ages between comps, if you are really worried about it then just do light lower body work the week of the bench only comp then carry on the week after as normal. Come on it's a bench comp it's not going to take much out of you. 8 weeks to peak your bench is plenty of time so you don't have anything to worry about.

haha i'm used to 2 maybe 3 comps per year and 4-5 month macrocycles.
just over thinking everything and worrying unneccesarily
If you can win the first one without maxing, then why max?
Post Edited: 22.02.2017 @ 21:00 PM by matthewvc
Funky_monkey said:If you can win the first one without maxing, then why max?

got to give it my all as i'm after some records at the bench only.
GPC 90kg i think is 191kg and the all federation is 205kg (andrew rigby - BDFPA)
(according to neilside records)

then me and tom griffin are having a ralls battle at bodypower on bench at 100kg (i'm doing deads too)
and if you seen how we both train it'll be balls to the walls for 2 more months Grin
scruffmcbuff
matthewvc said:
got to give it my all as i'm after some records at the bench only.
GPC 90kg i think is 191kg and the all federation is 205kg (andrew rigby - BDFPA)
(according to neilside records)
then me and tom griffin are having a ralls battle at bodypower on bench at 100kg (i'm doing deads too)
and if you seen how we both train it'll be balls to the walls for 2 more months Grin

f**king right and all mate! Ill be sure to say hello in march
Post Edited: 22.02.2017 @ 21:13 PM by matthewvc
scruffmcbuff said:
f**king right and all mate! Ill be sure to say hello in march

nice! be good to meet you - fat sam is competing there too and looking good for something massive.
scruffmcbuff
matthewvc said:
nice! be good to meet you - fat sam is competing there too and looking good for something massive.

Yeh its going to be a good day for him! And you too from the looks of things mate! Freak strong.
AdamT
If I lived in the mainland, I'd gladly meet you guys (at a train station) during comps.
scruffmcbuff
AdamT said:If I lived in the mainland, I'd gladly meet you guys (at a train station) during comps.

What Isle do you frequent. I dont mind going toe to toe at a port.
scruffmcbuff said:
What Isle do you frequent. I dont mind going toe to toe at a port.

las islas insulinas, just off the coast of trenbolovia
scruffmcbuff
matthewvc said:
las islas insulinas, just off the coast of trenbolovia

That island sounds Jacked and Tanned.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitdoing two comps quite close - how to best prepare?
Return to top View Desktop Site