Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTraining in Aberdeen

Training in Aberdeen

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

mrstruan
As above, i am starting a new job in Aberdeen come August and was wondering where abouts is good to train? Looked at the sports village and it looks pretty cool but was wondering if anybody knew of anywhere else?
mrstruan said:As above, i am starting a new job in Aberdeen come August and was wondering where abouts is good to train? Looked at the sports village and it looks pretty cool but was wondering if anybody knew of anywhere else?

results gym on urquhart road off kings street
Mastrick Gym under the Mastrict Comunity centre
RGU gym at Garthdee
then you have DW at the beach
and Ben66 trains at a place over near altens i think.

oh and you have banatines in Danestone

just off the top of my head.

the sports village is decent but make sure you train before 5 and after around 8 pm as its busy as f**k.
Results is good
Mastrick is also good
^^ what Neil said. If it's strong man training you're after then Results is for you.
Agreed, results is the place to train in Aberdeen, next best would be sports village but it's often too busy with students.
mrstruan
Cheers guys, Its more just powerlifting stuff in general, but wouldnt mind trying my hand at some strongman stuff! Will have a look at both mastrick and results when i'm up in Aberdeen.
mrstruan said:Cheers guys, Its more just powerlifting stuff in general, but wouldnt mind trying my hand at some strongman stuff! Will have a look at both mastrick and results when i'm up in Aberdeen.

results, Mastrick for PL stuff IMO but depending on your training time the sport village is just as good.
I used to train at results but it's small and the equipment isn't the best. I train at ASV and there are a few of us that are serious about strength training, including myself.
WilliamT8
I train at sports village, i think its the cheapest at £120 a year for students, but go off-peak because after 5pm you cant get a weight, its too busy then.
mrstruan
Its a job so will be tied into hours and not be able to train untill 6ish. Is there plenty of equipment at ASV? people to train with would also be benficial!
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTraining in Aberdeen
Return to top View Desktop Site