Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosTHE F**KING LOG

THE F**KING LOG

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Ive got 7 weeks before my first comp of the year.my log pressing is s**t.Any ideas to improve it.ie rep range or a 7 week wonder plan??? help
what is the comp weight and what are your current numbers?
Log every day.
James26
Im in the same boat mate. My plan is to hit reps at lower weights concentrating on technique. Hopefully on the day Il nail the thing!
WILLSAN said:what is the comp weight and what are your current numbers?

110 or 130 for reps...

125ish pb but anything over 100 lately is hard on a bar easy i cant make it translate from bar to log
ALWEBB72 said:
110 or 130 for reps...
125ish pb but anything over 100 lately is hard on a bar easy i cant make it translate from bar to log

It won't really translate you nee regular access to a log
Take it your on about the royal counties mate

Im doing it aswell and my max one rep at the moment is 110kg so i'll be lucky to get 2 on the day

not a good start for first event either
rick89 said:Take it your on about the royal counties mate

Im doing it aswell and my max one rep at the moment is 110kg so i'll be lucky to get 2 on the day

not a good start for first event either

snap they always seem to start on an oh event puts you on the back foot for the rest of the comp... but with the crowd and the day you will do more than two mate

Happy
I have done this routine lots of times and always got results.

heavy singles 3 x 1
reps in a time limit

for the heavy singles start off with a weight that youre comfortable with. say, 115kg and just add 2.5kg each week. if you fail to get all 3 drop back the weight again next week and build back up again.

for the reps, choose a target number of reps that you want to get with the comp weight. then take take say 10kg (just an example) of that and do your target number of reps with the lighter weight. again, raise the weight 2.5kg each week. and again, if you fail to get your target drop the weight back and build back up again. try and get your timing and pace to what you want it to be with the comp weight but with the lighter weights. dont do any extra reps either even if it feels easy. try and set your build up so you hit your target reps with the comp weight on comp day. obviously you need to be realistic with your initial target for this to work though!

hope that helps.
General_ill said:
It won't really translate you nee regular access to a log

yes! you need weekly access to a log for that ^ though obviously!

if you dont, youre in trouble! Grin
log not a problem every week,should i do reps and max every log workout then??
Do as much of your pressing with the log.
yeah 3 x 1, then reps in the comp time limit every session.

so something like..

115kg 3 x 1
100kg x 5 (or whatever your target is) in 75secs (or whatever the comp time limit is)

then add 2.5kg on each the next week. backing off if you need to.
thosebananas said:Do as much of your pressing with the log.

But then you'll probably stall.

Pick a few exercises, making sure they are gonna carry over, then push them up and your log will go up. simples.
wot i do to get the reps in at decent weight is ftoh with comp weight for max then following sets only do 1 clean n rep from chest.

also if u do pressing mid week add in some seated db press for assistance but hold them in the same position as log handles wud be

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosTHE F**KING LOG
Return to top View Desktop Site