Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitStanding Desks

Standing Desks

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Post Edited: 10.08.2018 @ 14:46 PM by Gordy
I tend to spend most of my time standing at a high desk at work, so when I'm standing the top of the desk comes to around mid torso.

On a typical day I don't eat from when I wake up, until I get home from work, usually around 6:30 ish. I find this, combined with standing, and coffee, makes me more alert at work, and helps my brain function quicker.

On days where I'm tired I'll just sit down.

I think standing at work can help solve a lot of postural problems most people have. I certainly experience less back ache when I spend the day standing, however I'll sit down for 10 minutes every hour or two to give my legs a quick break.
I work 12 hour shifts and we have one large wrap around 'standing desk' but also have high computer chairs and foot stools so it is possible to either sit or stand. I generally spend my day half and half and having the ability to do so is far superior to having to do one or the other for 12 hours in my opinion.
Our entire new work building has fully raising desks. Electric for about 300 people. I stand about 3 hours on and off and Im so happy to stretch and move. Sitting drives my crazy.
dr_hazbun
On my operating list days, I obviously do a lot (probably too much) standing.

When I do my clinic, I tend to get up and call my own patients in rather than send the nurse so I'm up and down all the time. Plus, there's also plenty of to-ing and fro-ing between my desk and the examination couch throughout clinic.

So sitting on your arse all day generally isn't a problem that affects doctors, and certainly not surgeons.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitStanding Desks
Return to top View Desktop Site